PDA

View Full Version : Sad but I doubt the next generation will see much hunting

curt
03-29-2015, 09:28 AM
So I was looking at the 2015-2016 LEH and I was shocked and saddened when I seen the new red stars and comments at the bottom and I quote "A portion of these hunts are within Aboriginal Title lands where access is restricted" wtf Although I am very proud of my heritage I am not so proud of the way this is playing out, once 1 band wins this fight in court what do you think the rest will do !?!?! of course they will follow suit and unfortunately soon enough there will be no puplic land to hunt. If the 2 aboriginal poachers win the court case for poaching and selling deer meat then that also opens up the gateway for the followers there too very sad not honourable or reasonable. What I have heard is likely pretty accurate and time will tell but any lands where the piplines will to going through the fight will be own for ownership and the government will have to pay the bands millions to utilize the land very very sad future coming i beleive.

Steeleco
03-29-2015, 09:36 AM
I trust your not alone in your thinking. The selfishness of a few will give bad name for many that are undeserving.

Brez
03-29-2015, 09:47 AM
I told my son to take advantage of what we still have enjoy it while he can, because it won't last long. Unfortunately, my grandson will probably only have memories of hunting - unless he marries an aboriginal or has a lot of money.

Buck
03-29-2015, 09:54 AM
This land grab should have you concerned.This is going to make access to Canadian soil difficult for everyone including aboriginals .I predict wars within the tribes as a lot of these treaty's do not sit well with the all the tribes.Still a lot of bad blood amongst themselves and long standing territory disagreements .

Spy
03-29-2015, 09:55 AM
The actions mentioned are going to cause allot of resentment & more hate which will not serve us well in the future! So short sighted & distructive in the long run.

Ambush
03-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Probably end up being a lot of "poaching" incidents by disenfranchised, former hunters.

And very likely some nasty confrontations.

We'll have to see who hangs over the new "Chilcotin Wars".

Wentrot
03-29-2015, 10:08 AM
We need to learn how to unite and fight these sorts of things if we really don't want it getting worse. Look around the world at how well other people can stand together for the better. For whatever reason we (canadians) are scared to band together and fight things we don't agree with. Always scared to protest this or scared to speak up about that. We would rather bend over and just be told what to accept.

I am confident if tomorrow morning we were told we can no longer access most of the land we were able to the day before we still wouldn't be able to pull our head from our ass long enough to stop fighting each other and clue in we need to make the government understand we won't be puppets any longer. I hate to think about my kids future if things continue the way they are going.

gutpile
03-29-2015, 11:13 AM
You guys worryed about your kids not hunting ? There are more serious things i would
be worryed about thats coming fast to our country and the whole world. It's going to be a very differant world we grew up in .

Sofa King
03-29-2015, 12:10 PM
You guys worryed about your kids not hunting ? There are more serious things i would
be worryed about thats coming fast to our country and the whole world. It's going to be a very differant world we grew up in .

yeah, it's called change.
the world we grew up in was vastly different than the world our parents grew up in. my mom and dad grew up with no running water or electricity at home. and when they married and moved in together, it was the same.
and their world was very different than their parent's.
and now our generation's children are growing up in a world that's changed soooo much from the one we grew up in, cel-phones, internet, etc, etc.
and imagine what their kids will be growing up in.

personally, it's scary where it's all headed.
the electronic age has exploded and advanced almost too far already.
if anything, it needs to regress slightly, not advance even more.

Sofa King
03-29-2015, 12:12 PM
2 generations from now, hell, maybe just one, they'll be hunting with lasers....pew-pew-pew.

Sofa King
03-29-2015, 12:12 PM
We need to learn how to unite and fight these sorts of things if we really don't want it getting worse. Look around the world at how well other people can stand together for the better. For whatever reason we (canadians) are scared to band together and fight things we don't agree with. Always scared to protest this or scared to speak up about that. We would rather bend over and just be told what to accept.

I am confident if tomorrow morning we were told we can no longer access most of the land we were able to the day before we still wouldn't be able to pull our head from our ass long enough to stop fighting each other and clue in we need to make the government understand we won't be puppets any longer. I hate to think about my kids future if things continue the way they are going.

very accurate post.

Wentrot
03-29-2015, 12:36 PM
yeah, it's called change.
the world we grew up in was vastly different than the world our parents grew up in. my mom and dad grew up with no running water or electricity at home. and when they married and moved in together, it was the same.
and their world was very different than their parent's.
and now our generation's children are growing up in a world that's changed soooo much from the one we grew up in, cel-phones, internet, etc, etc.
and imagine what their kids will be growing up in.

personally, it's scary where it's all headed.
the electronic age has exploded and advanced almost too far already.
if anything, it needs to regress slightly, not advance even more.

Fully agree, technology is really going to have an effect on the upcoming generations. Instead of talking to their kids parents are just tossing them an ipad. Maybe I am becoming a bitter prick at the ripe old age of 26 but things aren't looking good to me for the future when I look around.

Barracuda
03-29-2015, 12:49 PM
they said the same thing about the abacus, machinery, Books, Radio, RocknRoll ,tv ,CellPhones and now the internet lol