PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer Guide Pants

Lastcar
03-26-2015, 09:22 PM
Hello all,

Eddie Bauer has their Guide Pro pants on sale right now.

Great pants that I discovered from some guys on another forum. Some from AK some from the south of us.

Compare to the KUIU attacks or Sitka Ascent. Not saying they are the same but would sub in for that use. Or maybe even a touch cooler weather.

I have one pair and am going to grab another.

Either way, great pant in non camo colours and 30% off right now if you have a store in your town. Those are US prices, they are $63 in Canada.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/guide-pro-pants/12951063/_/A-ebSku_0290635707009154__12951063_catalog10002_en__ US?showProducts=&backToCat=Men&previousPage=HPC&tab=&color=241

The Guide shirts are pretty swell too.

BCMarc
03-26-2015, 09:32 PM
You're so fancy. But I prefer my daisy duke jean short shorts.

Lastcar
03-26-2015, 11:01 PM
When you eat your pie you ordered over your CB radio.

shortrange
03-26-2015, 11:19 PM
Hello all,

Eddie Bauer has their Guide Pro pants on sale right now.

I got a pair of these at the EB outlet in the new mall in south Surrey for 10 bucks off the clearance rack. They are good as an outer layer if you are hunting in the wet, which is most of the time here in BC...I recommend buying one size bigger than your normal size so you can wear fleece pants underneath.

Lastcar
03-27-2015, 09:05 AM
A few guys have pointed out they look a little Polly Prissy. Eddie Bauer uses city boy models. As Shortrange mentions they are great pants and are actually made for what we need them for. Despite their website implying they are for picking up hot chicks outside the Starbucks while resting a foot on your retro Ford Bronco.

I mean you you can use them for both if you want. But I'm guessing odds are betting on a sheep hunt than on a pick up session for the majority of us on here. ;)

Dont let EB marketing fool you, these are a non camo version of those $150 pants we own or the smart ones refuse to buy.

quaint bucket
03-31-2015, 10:25 AM
Hey, thanks! those look pretty good.

monasheemountainman
03-31-2015, 10:41 AM
A few guys have pointed out they look a little Polly Prissy. Eddie Bauer uses city boy models. As Shortrange mentions they are great pants and are actually made for what we need them for. Despite their website implying they are for picking up hot chicks outside the Starbucks while resting a foot on your retro Ford Bronco.

I mean you you can use them for both if you want. But I'm guessing odds are betting on a sheep hunt than on a pick up session for the majority of us on here. ;)

Dont let EB marketing fool you, these are a non camo version of those $150 pants we own or the smart ones refuse to buy.

that is a witty, and true post...good job

Obi-wanshinobi
03-31-2015, 03:56 PM
If you like the EB Guide pants you should also check out Outdoor Research Ferossi pants and Prana's Stretch Zion pant. Both of the other pants I tend to wear more than the Eddie Bauer pants.

rcar
06-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Purchase Update:

I decided to buy a pair of these when Lastcar posted the sale info a couple months ago. I had never heard of them before but decided to pick up a pair after looking at them. I finally put them to use on a 4 day bear hunt in the Cariboo last week. Verdict.... two thumbs up. Nice and light weight and super comfortable. I got into a bit of rain and they wicked away the water well. Also bushwacked about 8km in total and they held up very well. I prefer my Sitka Mountain Pant, but they are too heavy for warm weather and these are perfect for it.

I am going to get another pair when they are on sale again.

SR80
06-03-2015, 07:07 AM
I also picked up a pair of these, and love them. Fit perfect, not too baggy, light weight. They might even make my sheep hunt this year. Lastcar turned me onto them too..maybe he knows Eddie.

MBOGO
06-03-2015, 07:23 AM
I got three pairs, i like them. I have been wearing Kuiu Attacks the last few years. Not sure if the Guide Pro's are going to stand up as well, seem a bit lighter duty. But they are also about half the $ of the Kuiu.

Lastcar
06-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Glad you guys are digging them. I grabbed another pair in the green colour. Had the grey already. Pretty good deal even when not on sale....but they always have a sale...one of them shops. If they aren't having a sale....wait 2 days.

smallfry14
06-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Any other canadian websites to get them from?

Lastcar
06-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Any other canadian websites to get them from?

Youre stuck ordering them off the U.S. site sadly.

I was surprised there wasn't an Eddie Bauer in Kamloops.

Or get someone to pick them up for you when they are in the city.

huntcoop
06-04-2015, 10:59 PM
Appears to be a Fathers Day sale on now, 30% off.

Skillet
06-05-2015, 12:05 AM
I picked up a pair couple of months ago on sale and just grabbed another pair from the most recent sale.
Love em! Comfy, water beads off and if you get em wet they dry real quick, surprisingly warm when it's a bit chilly and good when it's hot out too.
One of the best things about them is the pockets, nice and deep.
Thanks for the heads up Lastcar

TThomsen
08-25-2015, 08:24 PM
I just picked up a pair of these and really quite like them, this thread turned me onto them. I ordered mine from the Oakridge store in Vancouver, you can call and order them over the phone, and avoid the website all together. I placed my order Saturday, they were shipped out on Monday and I recieved them this afternoon:wink:

Iltasyuko
09-30-2015, 04:42 PM
Guide Pro Pants for Sale on HBC.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?121466-Wts-eddie-bauer-guide-pro-pants-new

avadad
09-30-2015, 05:39 PM
I went and looked at them. Nice pants but a tad light for my needs. And not nearly as good as my Kuiu. Still might get a pair for warm weather.