PDA

View Full Version : 4-33 Grizz

teleposer
03-25-2015, 08:38 PM
I finally pulled my first ever leh draw. Grizz in 4-33. My brother in law and his wife also pulled the tag so there will be a crew of us heading that way.

Neither of us have hunted there before but my brother in law got a decent grizz a few years ago just south west of there.

Any intel on the area would be appreciated.

According to the backroads mapbook the only main road in the area seems to be the Incomappleaux road system,

Is there any other areas we should look into? How is the snow level in that area?

Thinking May long, but perhaps this year it might be too late?

Thanks for all the help.

Teleposer

Liveforthehunt
03-25-2015, 08:41 PM
I finally pulled my first ever leh draw. Grizz in 4-33. My brother in law and his wife also pulled the tag so there will be a crew of us heading that way.

Neither of us have hunted there before but my brother in law got a decent grizz a few years ago just south west of there.

Any intel on the area would be appreciated.

According to the backroads mapbook the only main road in the area seems to be the Incomappleaux road system,

Is there any other areas we should look into? How is the snow level in that area?

Thinking May long, but perhaps this year it might be too late?

Thanks for all the help.

Teleposer

May long will be damn near perfect maybe a week earlier pending on vegetation

Rattler
03-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Was up there for work today. Maybe a foot of snow at 5km on the Camborne. Would estimate at least 3weeks ahead.

.264winmag
03-25-2015, 10:30 PM
The Incomappleaux doesn't encompass much of 4-33.
The akolkolex south of Revy does. Took a grizz out of there a few years ago. Seen lots of black bears up high in slide paths, got the grizz down low along the Columbia in the grass. Could be anywhere this year! I'd be looking up high. The akolkolex gets you to many places in the high country. Biggest grizz I've ever seen was up mnt McRae. You'll find grizz up there, not guaranteed a monster but there are lots of grizz...

Mr_moose69
03-26-2015, 05:50 AM
Congrats we spent last May long hunting up cam borne send me pm and would be happy to tell you what we know