PDA

View Full Version : PhoneSkope Vortex Fitment

604ksmith
03-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just purchased the Phone Skope setup for my iPhone 6 and Vortex Viper HD 65mm spotting scope (model C3-004-a), however it doesn't seem to fit.

It's a 1.9 inch adapter, and apparently the correct model for all viper spotting scopes but to me it should be about 1.5 inches. Anyone else have issues with fitment, or know what I may be doing wrong?

From all the pictures/videos I can find, it should just slide right on with a bit of a snug fit. My has about 1/4-1/2 inch gap and falls off instantly.

Thanks,
Kevin

noth615
03-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Sorry no help , but I am thinking of buying a viper spotting scope in that size, how do you like yours ?

604ksmith
03-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Sorry no help , but I am thinking of buying a viper spotting scope in that size, how do you like yours ?

I really like this spotting scope.

The 80mm may bring in more light, but I've never had an issue. The 65mm fits so much easier in my pack and weights about 13 oz lighter, that even if I didn't think it had enough light, I probably wouldn't switch. Also, once I get this damn phoneskope to work I'll be able to use a bit of my phones zoom to help extend the range even further.

Also, there are deals to be had, I bought mine from wholesale for $700 instead of the $1000 retail.

noth615
03-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Agreed, I backpack hunt so I don't want to haul around an 80 mm objective ,what wholsale sports was that in PG?

Did you go with angled or straight ? Thanks for the info

Mudzbogger
03-25-2015, 08:06 PM
I have the phoneskope for my viper hd and it fits perfect. Quick measurement shows 1.89 on the eyepiece itself and 1.90 on the mount piece for me so really close tolerance there.

604ksmith
03-25-2015, 09:25 PM
I have the phoneskope for my viper hd and it fits perfect. Quick measurement shows 1.89 on the eyepiece itself and 1.90 on the mount piece for me so really close tolerance there.

Thanks for the post Mudzbogger. I wasn't being very smart and took awhile to realize that if it doesn't fit right, maybe I should measure it...Sure enough, the mount piece measures 2.3 inches. I think it was incorrectly boxed, and have contacted GrouseRiver to send another one. Thanks again!