PDA

View Full Version : Sheep partner, Okanagan area

thepitchedlink
03-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Ok, well I figure I should look for a partner and none of my buddies are able to commit / or want to get into chasing mountain critters....I was just at the Wild Sheep Convention for the first time, so now I'm fired up again. So, I've not hunted sheep yet...tried last year but plans fell apart...family...and they come first.

I've hunted goats a bit, and been lucky enough to chase Chamois and Tahr in NZ. Iv'e been backpaking and wandering around the hills for a while now....got good gear and don't mind spending $ when it's needed. But committing early in the year for a fall trip is hard with the type of work I do...I tend to plan several trips...then as the dates get closer decide on which one/where to go. I usually end up with quite a bit of free time in the fall...but never really sure when it's going to be until the dates are close

So, 43 with 2 kids.. good shape, but not super fit. I'm not looking for a super hardcore partner, just people comfortable in the hills and who can pull their own weight and work together to have a good adventure...shooting a ram would be just freakin' bonus

I'd love to just meet a few like minded hunters and talk about sheep, look at maps, chat about plans...etc. Most of my plans will be for hiking in off the highway for stones....using a small motorbike where possible or even a mountain bike if it would help
Interested in thinking about Bighorns/Goats as well....
I think anyone who likes solo hunting would be fine, as we could plan the trips as solo hunters, but travel together, splitting up as needed, and if the other guy can't make the trip....we'll you are still prepared to go by yourself....but going that far north, sure would be nice to have another person along...help spit up the costs as well

I'm quite keen to look at using a packer to get into sheep territory, but that alway requires me know when I'll have the time free....which is hard to do...but if the option came up....Im in:D

Ok, PM me if you got any ideas...good luck to all the sheep hunters out there this season

bc_buckshot
03-24-2015, 04:21 PM
You inbox is full empty it

thepitchedlink
03-24-2015, 07:57 PM
Done, thanks

srupp
03-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Hmmmm highly recommend the upcoming Spenses Bridge sheep count..sheep hunters one and all..never know who you will meet.
Srupp

thepitchedlink
03-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Good idea Srupp, I can't get the Wild Sheep site to open...when is it...I think I'm away working..

Tuffcity
03-24-2015, 08:34 PM
https://wildsheepsociety.net/spring-sheep-counts/

Spences is Saturday April 11.

RC

thepitchedlink
03-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Yup, I'll be away......:frown:

troutseeker
03-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Too bad I moved to Quesnel!

thepitchedlink
03-27-2015, 09:23 AM
Ya, true there Seeker..too bad. I'll be there's lots of adventures to get into near your new home though....