seatoskymiles
03-23-2015, 12:04 AM
you going in by horse?

leadpillproductions
03-23-2015, 12:48 PM
No flyin in

Fosey
03-23-2015, 01:50 PM
This is a different route off the Highway. I have included the whole email Steve sent me.

Hey Gary!!
Ya, in the end I decided to go to the sheep show. Was pretty good. Just wish I had more $ to throw around.
I don't know who it was but a couple of guys flew into the silt/primrose country..and bailed after a couple of days. They drove around and hiked up Stanley creek and took a couple of rams near bear/blanchard lakes. That was the same yr we had the same draw.
There's ceratinly more sheep near bear and blanchard than where we were north of Goodwin lk. We knew that but someone was already booked to fly into bear blanchard.

For cost savings you might consider flying from van to whitehorse. Just checked the air can website and return flight would cost you $487...plus firearms cost and taxes. Can't drive that cheap.....not to mention it would save you some serious time.
http://book.aircanada.com/pl/AConlin...verrideServlet (http://book.aircanada.com/pl/AConline/en/OverrideServlet)
You could take a cab to the floatplane base. Alpine air has some reasonably priced floatplanes....but it sure would help to have another person to split the charter price.

Fosey
03-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Sorry Leadpill, I screwed up on the email.

trail blazer
03-23-2015, 08:33 PM
I flew into Goodwin a few years ago and I wouldn't recommend it. Awful camping spot, I like a nice fire but wood was a long ways away. We did see one group of ewes and lambs, and couple of moose. The country looks as though it should hold more game than we saw especially caribou but we didn't see any. If i was going again I would try Bear lake. good luck.

leadpillproductions
03-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Wonder the legality of hiking up Yukon side of valley to glass back into bc valleys

The Dawg
03-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Wonder the legality of hiking up Yukon side of valley to glass back into bc valleys

Id think that would fall into 'actively hunting'

leadpillproductions
03-23-2015, 09:27 PM
any one have some pics they want to share

srupp
03-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Be sure to chevk exactly where you are..gps the sheep in thar area move freely back and forth

Be careful..as Mr. Lincoln said..be an honest Abe...

Steven

northernhunter
03-24-2015, 02:34 PM
We flew into Blanchard a few years back at start of September. We saw one group of Rams on southeast side of lake but some guys from lowerlainland hiked down from bear lake and killed only legal ram couple hours before we got there. The other side of lake is close to yukon so need to have gps and know where you are. Crap load of ewes and lambs on that side but no Rams that we saw. The lake had salmon spawning at the time and river was loaded also, lots of grizzly, outfitter has a small camp on North side of river about half kilometre from lake. We seen him in there, but was hunting grizzly not sheep, hope that helps a bit. Also bring a goat tag

Jerlynn
05-09-2015, 08:33 AM
I spent two weeks on the opener last year around Blanchard Lake. We weren't the party that flew in, but we hiked early from the highway and were above Blanchard when the season opened (think the guys on Blanchard weren't impressed). We found rams but nothing legal sized.

leadpillproductions
06-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Its comin quick cant hardly sleep anymore lol

Stresd
06-20-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm heading into 6-28 again this year. Around 2nd week of Sept. Third year in. No where near Blanchard though. Sucks this year as I have to drive to Whitehorse. Been spoiled the last couple of years I guess, as I was able to to take a $289 return flight via west jet from Vancouver to whitehorse, where my cousin picked me up, and we zip over to Alpine for the float flight in. No Couz this year means I drive. Drive up is great. Hate the drive home.

325 wsm
06-20-2015, 12:11 PM
BC Tat hunters be sure to check the rules and regs about transporting your harvests into and out of the Yukon. Make sure you have the proper permits in place as I'm sure no one wants to loose a ram etc over not having the proper paper work. Good luck lead pill and the rest of you hunting there.

leadpillproductions
06-20-2015, 01:55 PM
What type of permits would a guy need to have , I figured as long as you had your licences you were good being Canada didn't think it was a big deal

Rackmastr
06-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Take a look at Page 22 of the Synopsis for all info on Exporting wildlife from BC....

Worth noting in there:
Hunters possessing a mountain goat,mountain sheep, caribou or grizzly bear harvestedin BC, who must drive through theYukon and back into BC in order to submitthe animal for compulsory inspection, areexempt from obtaining an export permitfor this purpose.

325 wsm
06-20-2015, 03:40 PM
Those I believe are the bc laws but you will need a permit to bring it into the Yukon and export from the Yukon. I will check the regs when I get a bit more time ....they should be online....I'll make a phone call Monday to clarify and let you know.

Stresd
06-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Cervids are also nothing special or required to transport out of BC into the Yukon and Back into BC

Page 8
http://www.env.gov.yk.ca/hunting-fishing-trapping/documents/006-016HuntingRegs14-15EN_06_WEB.pdf

Hunting Cervids (Deer, Elk, Moose and Caribou) Outside YukonChronic Wasting Disease (CWD) is a growing threat to wildlife populations, particularlydeer and elk. The disease has also occurred in moose, and caribou are susceptible.Animal carcasses and offal transported by hunters can transmit disease and diseasecausingagents between regions. Yukon has joined B.C. and Alaska in passingregulations relating to the import and/or transport of species susceptible to CWD.X The import of a whole cervid carcass or portions of a carcass into Yukon isbanned. The exceptions to this rule are a cleaned skull cap with antlers, cleanedteeth removed from the head, edible meat completely detached from head andbackbone, finished taxidermy mounts, and tanned hides.X Cervid carcasses or parts may be transported through Yukon temporarilyif in a protective container.X All butchering scraps and bones should be properly disposed of in a landfillso they are not scattered by animals.The only exception to this rule are cervids harvested either in the Northwest Territoriesor in the two northern hunting zones in B.C.

358mag
06-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Be sure to chevk exactly where you are..gps the sheep in thar area move freely back and forth

Be careful..as Mr. Lincoln said..be an honest Abe...

Steven
Or these 2 guys \
Two B.C. men are facing fines, and a ban from hunting in B.C. and the Yukon after pleading guilty to an incident that occurred in 2002.
Scott Bradley MacKenzie and Michael Glen Makasoff were fined $7,500 each for illegally transporting and exporting Dall Sheep without at permit from the Yukon to B.C.
The offences are in contravention of the Wild Animal and Plant Protection and Regulation of International and Interprovincial Trade Act.
In addition to the fine, both MacKenzie and Makasoff face a five-year prohibition from hunting in the Yukon, and from seeking any wildlife export permit under the Yukon Wildlife Act.
In 2012, Environment Canada wildlife officers in Whitehorse became aware of an alleged illegal Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon by two B.C. residents that happened 10 years earlier.
According to a release by Environment Canada, officials flew to the alleged location of the illegal kill and, after an extensive ground search, located the kill site as well as the area where Makasoff posed for a picture with the dead sheep.

aggiehunter
06-20-2015, 10:11 PM
so your going in to fish..cool...I found a fish in a creek up there that was miles away from the the tat....picked him up with my hand and let him go...

325 wsm
06-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Talked to a CO today and your BC license and cancelled tag allows you 30 days to transport your harvested animal through the Yukon back into BC, but you must be on a direct route back to BC in an expedient manner (no extended visit in the Yukon).

vip_ruger
06-22-2015, 03:56 PM
I spent 18 days in there seen about 100 sheep mostly ewes and lambs with the small rams nothing legal though, that was silt lake area but if i was to go again i would hike off the hiway like the guys said toward Blanchard Lake , Big country steep hills and hard to get out the valleys, killed a very good goat in there though and seen some book moose . good luck in there

leadpillproductions
06-22-2015, 09:44 PM
I cant wait have a good feeling about this years hunt