PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have the old LEH .pdf saved from the last few years?

Omenator
03-22-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm looking to compare the odds from the last few years to this years LEH, but I need the old LEH .pdfs if anyone has them saved. Send me a PM and I'll give you my email.
I'm gonna write a letter to my MLA, and I think some data would make nice ammo...

The Dawg
03-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Yup...........

bandit
03-22-2015, 11:19 PM
PM me, I will email them you

Foxtail
03-23-2015, 05:31 AM
I honestly dont think it matters... The odds are based on a guess on how many applicants there are for each particular draw. Say there is only 1 tag available in a certain area and in the past only 3 people put in for it, making the odds 1 in 3 you will get the tag. But this year 100 guys put in for that tag... Well now the odds just shot up to 1 in 100. At least thats the way I understand it.

russm86
03-23-2015, 07:49 AM
I honestly dont think it matters... The odds are based on a guess on how many applicants there are for each particular draw. Say there is only 1 tag available in a certain area and in the past only 3 people put in for it, making the odds 1 in 3 you will get the tag. But this year 100 guys put in for that tag... Well now the odds just shot up to 1 in 100. At least thats the way I understand it.

Yes, but sometimes you can see trends in application numbers. Or you can see how many tags were available last time vs this time so that you can figure out if there were 10 tags given last time and they show odds of 1:5 then you know about 50 people put in for that area so now if they only give 5 tags and you assume roughly the same number of applicants then you can figure out your new odds will be roughly 1:10 which means they doubled so now you may want to consider putting in another area. But as you said, if enough people base there decision on that then it could end up dropping substantially. It's no different than gambling, you just have to play the odds and try to guess at what may or may not happen.

russm86
03-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Oh, and I forgot to answer the original question, yes, I actually have back to the 12/13 season LEH synopsis in PDF.

s0ylentgreen
03-23-2015, 09:56 AM
i have them all back to 2004 if you like - let me know

Omenator
03-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys! bandit sent me a link to a site that has the LEH going back to 08/09, so I have everything I need. As some of you noticed, the odds change depending on the number of applicants, so I am looking at the number of allocated tags to see how much of a reduction in chance I have in my usual draws due to the recent changes.

Citori54
03-23-2015, 10:24 AM
Trouble with the PDF versions is that they are produced before the hard copy paper and the numbers are often different - there have been a few years where the allocations in the PDF are higher than what the actual numbers are that come out in the paper, so be careful when comparing years.

Pioneerman
03-23-2015, 10:26 AM
I have them back to 99, not sure what good they will do you just because of adds changing and the amount of new hunters al putting in for draws and the amount of animals either taken or depleted each year changes. Odds change every year, because if they were great last year too many people jumps to that draw so it changes following year

Brno22F
03-23-2015, 01:43 PM
I have them back to 99, not sure what good they will do you just because of adds changing and the amount of new hunters al putting in for draws and the amount of animals either taken or depleted each year changes. Odds change every year, because if they were great last year too many people jumps to that draw so it changes following year

As said in the quote above, it varies annually. I always apply for a local zone for moose and the number of authorizations and odds change frequently. In 2011 there were 155 authorizations available and odds were about 2.5:1. There was a major reduction in the number of authorizations for 2012, 2013 and 2014. It was reduced to 55 authorizations and odds decreased accordingly to about 4:1. I see that this year, the number of authorizations has been increased to 115. Maybe the recent moose population inventory is looking better than it did 3 years ago.

Moosehunter64
03-23-2015, 10:29 PM
I have hard copies back to 1987. Missing a couple years tho.