PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Buddy app question

troutseeker
03-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Anyone else has issues trying to keep maps in cache for that app? How do I download and keep maps on my iPhone for offline use?

thanks.

The Dawg
03-22-2015, 05:00 PM
Just messaged the man himself....standby

reach
03-22-2015, 05:07 PM
The offline storage of maps is part of the mapping package optional feature via in-app purchase. If you buy the mapping package then a little slide out menu appears on the right on the map screen with controls for downloading maps. Make sure you've selected the map type to download (page curl at the bottom right) first. Apple doesn't allow the built-in map types to be cached but once you've selected one of the optional ones, then you can download tiles for offline.

There is a bunch more info on the FAQ page (http://huntbuddybc.com/index.php/faq/) if you scroll down a bit. Or you can PM me with other questions.

Mudzbogger
03-22-2015, 05:13 PM
I've been having issues as well. Been trying to download 7-38 area and while it starts the d/l of my selected area, calculates progress of 0/305662, it never gets anywhere over 200 or so and my ipad shuts off. I've got 100mb d/l and it looks like its crawling.

Tīɡ
03-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Hey Reach, will there be the additional maps for LEH zones and the LEH synopsis be available for the Android version?

reach
03-22-2015, 05:21 PM
300,000 tiles is a lot. That's like 6 GB. Are you sure you need max detail on that whole area?

In any case, yes the BC gov't map server is slow at times... but the app should stay awake while downloading. I'll double check that's working on the iPad. If not, I'll try and include a fix in the next update (coming shortly with the new LEH regs). What iPad model and OS are you running?

reach
03-22-2015, 05:26 PM
Hey Reach, will there be the additional maps for LEH zones and the LEH synopsis be available for the Android version?
No progress yet on adding that or the offline maps in the Android version, unfortunately. I can't make any promises.

Tīɡ
03-22-2015, 05:40 PM
No progress yet on adding that or the offline maps in the Android version, unfortunately. I can't make any promises.

Ok no worries. Thanks for developing this awesome app tho! I love it and have sold one friend on it already and i'm sure there will be more to come.

Mudzbogger
03-22-2015, 06:13 PM
300,000 tiles is a lot. That's like 6 GB. Are you sure you need max detail on that whole area?

In any case, yes the BC gov't map server is slow at times... but the app should stay awake while downloading. I'll double check that's working on the iPad. If not, I'll try and include a fix in the next update (coming shortly with the new LEH regs). What iPad model and OS are you running?

Yeah, I know it's a lot but figured I left the Ipad plugged in and it had room and hunt buddy it what its mostly used for now anyway, why not. However no such luck getting it to download as of yet even with it plugged in all the time. Since my post above a whopping 750 tiles came down with me touching it every 5 minutes or so.

Ipad mini first gen, 16gb OS 8.1.1

reach
03-22-2015, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the info / report. As a temporary workaround, you can keep the iPad awake by going to Settings -> General -> Auto-Lock and set it to Never. Then it should keep downloading.

But it's supposed to do that automatically (the app is supposed to stay awake until the download is finished, unless you specifically hit the Home button). I'll consider this a bug and will try and fix it in an update ASAP.

swampthing
03-22-2015, 06:58 PM
The last time I asked you this I was rather impaired. Are there aerial photo maps available? I know you answered this once for me ! Thanks

reach
03-22-2015, 07:13 PM
The last time I asked you this I was rather impaired. Are there aerial photo maps available? I know you answered this once for me ! Thanks
Officially, neither Apple nor Google allow their satellite imagery to be used offline...

Linksman313
10-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Hi reach, I have been an avid user, admirer, and promoter or your app since 2015 (now my dad and all his cronies are hooked up). I admire its simplicity and natural flow of function. After a bunch of seasons compiling tons of track data, I would like to narrow down and delete a pile of tracks I recorded in the infancy of my use with this app. My question is how do I delete an individual track from phone memory?
Thanks in advance - hope you are still with us on HBC
Links

BRvalley
10-10-2018, 01:16 PM
slide bar on right side of screen, open tracks, from there you can turn off tracks you don't want visible on map using the green button...if you want to delete the track hold on the track name and swipe right to open delete button

Linksman313
10-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Thanks a bunch BRvalley!