PDA

View Full Version : Klappan Rail Grade from Ealue Lake in the fall??

.330 Dakota
03-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Has anyone been in to the Klappan Rail Grade from Iskut-Ealue Lake Rd in the FALL in the past year or so?
I was there year before last in the spring and the water was too high to get very far. I was thinking of a fall hunt in there. Is it heavily hunted? Any advice is appreciated.

Cordillera
03-22-2015, 04:42 PM
The road is washed out at the klappan. You can get across in horses and maybe ATV but not vehicle. At least not unless someone repairs it.

Livinlarge
03-23-2015, 12:43 PM
I got screwed out of my fall hunt last season due to the roadblock. Anyone have any info on how long the roadblock stayed up for? What do you think the chances of it getting blocked again this year would be?

Cordillera
03-23-2015, 07:01 PM
It was up for about a week. It was a group of elders opposed to some drilling nearby and opposed to Red Chris mine that put up the roadblock. The Tahltan central council publicly opposed it and the new leader Chad Day got some heat over that. Things appear better internal to the Tahltan so one hopes it won't repeat but it has been blockaded a couple times in recent years so I'd have a backup plan of you can.

Avalanche123
03-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Red Chris has it's own road into their mine site, the transmission line is built, there is no exploration taking place in the "Sacred Headwaters" so about the only thing left to blockade are hunters. As of last week, the blockade infrastructure is still in place so I guess time will tell what happens this coming Fall.