Doublelung
03-20-2015, 10:15 AM
Visit the web site to see the new leh draw booklet

malibual0
03-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Thank you :)

Onesock
03-20-2015, 10:41 AM
None left guide outfitters have them all!!!!!

kebes
03-20-2015, 11:15 AM
I don't think I'll be giving them my money this year.

ruger#1
03-20-2015, 11:17 AM
Not interested , But thank You. Until all this allocation is worked out. They can stuff LEH up their ASS!

Barracuda
03-20-2015, 11:32 AM
awesome thanks for the link. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Synopsis

I was waiting for it. Got a whole bunch I will be putting in for this year and if I get them great and if I don't then I get to take advantage of one of the best if not the best GOS on the planet .
good luck everyone.

rgn5hunt
03-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Looks like the lobbyists cracked the whip in Victoria , to get leh out early this year.

03-20-2015, 11:45 AM

This Zone lies completely within Aboriginal Title Lands where access is restricted. See Map 5B.

Primary access to this Zone is through Aboriginal Title Land where access is restricted. See
Map 5B

On June 26, 2014 the Supreme Court of
Canada granted the Tsilhqot'in Nation a dec
-
laration of Aboriginal Title within a portion of
Management Units 5-04 and 5-05. Access to
Aboriginal Title lands is restricted. For more
information visit www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw

And so it begins. :(

mikeboehm
03-20-2015, 11:50 AM
I don't see the Roosevelt elk draws behind pit lake and Stave lake

gutpile
03-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Not interested , But thank You. Until all this allocation is worked out. They can stuff LEH up their ASS!All the more for me !

kilometers
03-20-2015, 12:04 PM
I love hunt buddy app!! Told me when I grabed my phone for lunch. Best app ever

Stone Sheep Steve
03-20-2015, 12:17 PM
And so it begins. :(

Yep

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-135674-3-.htm#135674

http://www.castanet.net/content/2015/3/indianband_p3041339.jpg Photo: Contributed

A British Columbia aboriginal nation granted rights and title by the high court has introduced its own laws governing its territory and the resources within that area.
The Tsilhqot'in National Government has enacted the so-called (knee-my-ah) Nemia Declaration that prevents mining and commercial logging, stops road building and visitors will need permission to go on the land.
The Tsilhqot'in Nation, located west of Williams Lake in the B.C. Interior, was granted 1,750 square kilometres of land in a Supreme Court of Canada decision last June.
The band first created the declaration in 1989 in response to the threat of widespread clear-cut logging, prompting years of negotiations that culminated in the high court's ruling.
The declaration says they are prepared to enforce and defence their aboriginal rights in any way they are able.
Tribal chairman, Chief Joe Alphonse says the law comes straight from their people and elders, and adds there are many more laws and policies to come.

ruger#1
03-20-2015, 12:32 PM
All the more for me !

Good Luck Enjoy.

J_T
03-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Glad to see a few of you won't be supporting the LEH driven revenue stream. I'll be hunting on GOS this year. No contribution to provincial revenue through LEH.

HD95
03-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Glad to see a few of you won't be supporting the LEH driven revenue stream. I'll be hunting on GOS this year. No contribution to provincial revenue through LEH.
X2, Would be a waste of money.

spear
03-20-2015, 01:24 PM
I dont get this guys, we are fighting tooth and nail for priority, and now when LEH is availble you're not going to take part??? Am I missing something here?

HD95
03-20-2015, 01:35 PM
I dont get this guys, we are fighting tooth and nail for priority, and now when LEH is availble you're not going to take part??? Am I missing something here?
spear, for me I don't believe leh has anything to do with resident priority.I have applied for three decades to be able to hunt elk in my own backyard,the odds just got worse.

northernhunter
03-20-2015, 02:05 PM
As long as no one applies for the kammi sheep, I'll be laughing. Lol, good luck

sneg
03-20-2015, 03:02 PM
finally.. plan some more hunts

J_T
03-20-2015, 03:09 PM
From my perspective, supporting LEH is precisely why the allocation and quota issue comes up. It is a hunter management tool, used by Government to appease GO's who prefer less residents hunting their territory. Must move off of LEH where conservation allows for it.

bridger
03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
From my perspective, supporting LEH is precisely why the allocation and quota issue comes up. It is a hunter management tool, used by Government to appease GO's who prefer less residents hunting their territory. Must move off of LEH where conservation allows for it.

A moving several LEH hunts to GOS was incorporated into the 2007 allocation policy. We know where that went.

J_T
03-20-2015, 03:21 PM
A moving several LEH hunts to GOS was incorporated into the 2007 allocation policy. We know where that went. I guess we see things differently. Of course LEH has its place, however it was used inappropriately for too long and supported by residents as a means of allowing everyone a fair chance. I'd prefer opportunity to hunt, not a chance to buy a tag. But, each to their own. You can donate to the Liberals revenue stream and help them balance the budget, or.... you can choose to do without and hunt real opportunity through GOS.

Gateholio
03-20-2015, 05:32 PM
I'd like to see beside the "how many tags available" number the corresponding number of tags given to Outfitters. It might be a good eye opener.

rgn5hunt
03-20-2015, 09:50 PM
If a formal request was initiated to print non resident numbers as you are speaking about the group that represents outfitters would do their best to stop it. I agree with Gatehouse those numbers should absolutely be included.

bridger
03-20-2015, 10:07 PM
I guess we see things differently. Of course LEH has its place, however it was used inappropriately for too long and supported by residents as a means of allowing everyone a fair chance. I'd prefer opportunity to hunt, not a chance to buy a tag. But, each to their own. You can donate to the Liberals revenue stream and help them balance the budget, or.... you can choose to do without and hunt real opportunity through GOS.

Not it sure what you are saying. There was an agreement to do away with LEH hunts whenever possible to GOS. A positive thing.

Ohwildwon
03-20-2015, 10:08 PM

2-08b and 2-08c

bc_buckshot
03-20-2015, 10:17 PM
Like i said in my past post this battle is with the goverment and not the guides. With people not putting in LEH draws shows your not serious with protecting your status. Less LEH draws better chance i get. Maybe bassplayer and myself with score a double of the sheep draw... Think about it people

Ohwildwon
03-20-2015, 10:28 PM
I love hunt buddy app!! Told me when I grabed my phone for lunch. Best app ever

Yep!, hearing that Elk bugle alert tone freaks me out!!

shortrange
03-21-2015, 12:10 AM
Yep!, hearing that Elk bugle alert tone freaks me out!!

Mine went off at work and at least one person said "What the hell was that?"

I'm looking forward to the LEH draw, but not holding my breath. . .

Steelpulse
03-21-2015, 03:45 AM
Got some great picks for this fall, going for another kamloops bull and hope for a sheep, maybe tag a doe on there and and elk too

ducktoller
03-21-2015, 07:21 AM
Under using Leh won't help

Less peoplemapply and the go will say see theybdont even use those tags we get them

NaStY
03-21-2015, 09:19 AM
So how is it that the same 3 people on here that have said they wont put in for leh and havent for a few years going to affect our allocation ?

Thats great news for me because im putting in for more tags this year than I ever have.

Lastcar
03-21-2015, 12:42 PM
I'd hate to see guys miss out on a tag they've long wanted just to prove a point. A valid point, but one I am not sure will be made if only a handful of people don't apply. I like the idea of increased odds, but not at the loss of a chance for a fellow hunter to get the tag due to anger around the allocation. I feel like that further let's Gov and GOA "win".

Based on the published numbers the ratio of applicants to available tags is ample to justify the amount of tags. If not an increase where viable based on animal population and conservation goals. Ideally at the expense of non resident hunters.

Assuming all decisions relating to LEH are made solely as "business" decisions there is no reason to think anything will change based on less revenue or applicants. Either to the benefit or detriment of resident hunters.

Assuming there is no manipulation or political games played to benefit anyone other than resident hunters.

Assuming there is no interference or variance with the process to further end up with even less successful applicants. I.e. not assisting in resolving incomplete applications to ensure as many applicants as possible have a chance at success, increase in application fees, shorter window of time to apply etc.

You see where I am going with this?

Assuming any action someone takes will create change can be dangerous.

At some point a guy has to take a stand for what he believes is right and how he can send that message.

Ideally this is done as a collective, so the message is as loud as possible.

My guess is this may not be the place to take the stand. Again I'd hate to see guys miss out on a tag they deserve as a resident hunter following the system in place. Based on an assumption that not applying will make things change.

But hey, if you've had enough of playing the lottery and want to save the dough. That's very fair.

bigredchev
03-21-2015, 04:51 PM
well i guess il start it off early.

I got the kamloops sheep/island elk draw and want to know where to go to harvest this animal. I'd prefer GPS cordinates as scouting is too much of a bother for me. If you dont tell me what tree it is tied too ill just let it lapse because hiking its for hippies, not hunters. Thanks

-Lazynewmember

caddisguy
03-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Last year I just put in for an October South Cariboo doe, thinking it would be nice to be out there for any buck season with a doe tag. I didn't get it (wasn't the lucky 1/11 if I recall) I spent any buck season learning an area in 3-2X and I want to focus on the same area this year.

Normally November is Region 2 time for me, but I'm going to put in for a November Region 3-2X bull moose and doe in the same MU that I became familiar with last year. Talked to my fiance and bro-in-law and everyone is on board for doing the same. Failing that, I'll be enjoying my usual Reg 2 GOS fun. I'm excited for the season no matter what happens and can't wait for spring bear season to tide me over! 3 trailcams running, 2 more to hang. I love this stuff!!!

Wishing everyone full freezers this year!!

Rob Chipman
03-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Jeezus!

I've actually started a spreadsheet with odds, species and dates. Now I'm comparing it to GOS. Next I'll be planning a fly in hunt to the Spatsizi....

Oh well. Bears open soon and I can go check the trailcams :-)

bridger
03-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Wish they had an actual draw for NIL then I would get several every year. Lol

caddisguy
03-22-2015, 06:09 PM
We just bought our 2015-2016 licenses, bear tags and two LEH entries each. I completely forgot about the 2nd choices options, so now I'll need to put some more thought into it before we fill those doe and shared moose draws out :D

REMINGTON JIM
03-22-2015, 06:52 PM
Wish they had an actual draw for NIL then I would get several every year. Lol

LOL kinda like the Tim Hortons roll up the Rim - i win a play again every time ! :cry: RJ

Whonnock Boy
03-22-2015, 07:10 PM
I guess if they don't have the program up and running for online applications yet, they most likely won't. Just another promise by our government that has not come to fruition. Maybe it wasn't a promise but, they are not making any more friends.

xcaribooer
03-26-2015, 01:57 PM
I guess if they don't have the program up and running for online applications yet, they most likely won't. Just another promise by our government that has not come to fruition. Maybe it wasn't a promise but, they are not making any more friends.

I keep wondering about this as well, I guess its one of those things they have to talk about for 10 years before they actually do it. What makes me laugh is that in the LEH regs from about 3 years ago it said right in the first couple of pages to expect the application process to be digital(online) by next year, haha, that is two or three years ago now and still nothing

xcaribooer
03-26-2015, 02:10 PM
ok I stand corrected, I just looked it up in the 2011/2012 regs on page 3 its says-
"what is up for 2012?"
"To improve customer service and LEH application processing efficiency, official LEH application purchase and completion will be available online in the near future. One year after the service becomes available ,hardcopy LEH application cards will NOT be accepted."
so they didn't actually commit to a date I guess

finngun
03-26-2015, 08:03 PM
are LEH cards available at crabby tire - wallu-mart already :?::lol:

tuner
03-26-2015, 09:14 PM
I understand people boycotting the LEH draw out of principle,but it is counterproductive. A drop in applications only furthers the governments case that RH have plenty of hunting opportunities,and a few animals transferred to the guiding industry does not affect anyone. A flood of applications on the other hand, shows that RH needs are not being met,not that it will spur change to the allocation policy. Unfortunately.

HarryToolips
03-26-2015, 09:40 PM
I understand people boycotting the LEH draw out of principle,but it is counterproductive. A drop in applications only furthers the governments case that RH have plenty of hunting opportunities,and a few animals transferred to the guiding industry does not affect anyone. A flood of applications on the other hand, shows that RH needs are not being met,not that it will spur change to the allocation policy. Unfortunately.
Makes sense, good point...

J_T
03-27-2015, 08:28 AM
I guess I see it a bit differently. Not trying to challenge you, just offering my perspective. First off, a change or loss in revenue does send a message. I don't see a drop in LEH applications as a means for Government to move more allocation to another user group. I think it depends on the message. There is just too much awareness on this issue right now. With lower/none LEH applications, the message would be, we don't accept LEH, we don't accept being 'managed' as hunters, we want opportunity to hunt.

It could be perceived, supporting LEH is support for the status quo. Government made a tough decision with the Thompson allocation policy. It didn't seem to change how hunters respond. Still lots of LEH applications coming in. A drop in LEH applications sends a revenue message, and might keep the file open for further discussion.

Wild one
03-27-2015, 08:52 AM
JT it seems most BC hunters are too comfortable with things the way they are and not willing to push for change.

It is easy to see that is the case at least with members of this forum. When threads looking for opinions on alternatives to LEH die as fast as they do most will keep on applying and praying.

I think it will take a lot more opportunity lose before this changes.

I understand the suggestion of boycotting LEH but I can't see enough hunters following to achieve the impacted needed

BRvalley
03-27-2015, 09:32 AM

I asked about this, was told "hopefully in the future they will have an online option, but they do not have a time frame for this to occur"

J_T
03-27-2015, 10:27 AM
JT it seems most BC hunters are too comfortable with things the way they are and not willing to push for change.

It is easy to see that is the case at least with members of this forum. When threads looking for opinions on alternatives to LEH die as fast as they do most will keep on applying and praying.

I think it will take a lot more opportunity lose before this changes.

I understand the suggestion of boycotting LEH but I can't see enough hunters following to achieve the impacted needed I have to admit, that surprised me too. It sort of made me wonder what all the fuss was about with the allocation discussion. It seems we're talking more about a loss of lottery (LEH) odds, than loss of real hunting opportunity.

I think the one lesson most people learn in life is life doesn't always stay the same. We must adapt. But I guess that's it, hunters don't want change at all. Even if it might be for the better.

coach
03-27-2015, 10:31 AM
JT and Wild One - nobody intentionally killed the other thread. Threads die when people stop posting. Might be a good idea to get back on there and bump it up. I believe it to be a worthwhile conversation..

rgn5hunt
03-27-2015, 10:39 AM
I think most average people that enjoy hunting in BC would like to have better opportunities. Some of them have tried and failed. The process to change a season or add a bow season, spike season or any change is very difficult.

J_T
03-27-2015, 11:10 AM
JT and Wild One - nobody intentionally killed the other thread. Threads die when people stop posting. Might be a good idea to get back on there and bump it up. I believe it to be a worthwhile conversation.. Thanks. I realize that. I didn't want to appear to be pushing an agenda. Just posted for information purposes hoping others might tap into the common sense and expand the conversation. Didn't want to steer the outcome.

GoatGuy
03-27-2015, 12:20 PM
I guess I see it a bit differently. Not trying to challenge you, just offering my perspective. First off, a change or loss in revenue does send a message. I don't see a drop in LEH applications as a means for Government to move more allocation to another user group. I think it depends on the message. There is just too much awareness on this issue right now. With lower/none LEH applications, the message would be, we don't accept LEH, we don't accept being 'managed' as hunters, we want opportunity to hunt.

It could be perceived, supporting LEH is support for the status quo. Government made a tough decision with the Thompson allocation policy. It didn't seem to change how hunters respond. Still lots of LEH applications coming in. A drop in LEH applications sends a revenue message, and might keep the file open for further discussion.

Politicians care about two things: votes and money - that is all.

There are very, very few MLAs in BC who care about doing what's in the best interests of British Columbians. Most of the decisions that happen today do not even involve information from subject matter experts, never mind informed decision making. Decisions are being made by people who were once city councillors/mayors, who can barely read or write, but are great at paying back campaign/party supporters. Some of them cannot even decipher a basic graph.

The message politicians have gotten in the past in areas with low odds/demand and under-utilization on LEH has been, "resident hunters can't achieve their allocation so give it to us." I'm sure you can figure out who the quote is from and yes, it has worked very well for them.

There are two ways to send a message - money and votes - that is all that fits between a politicians ears.

GoatGuy
03-27-2015, 12:26 PM
I think most average people that enjoy hunting in BC would like to have better opportunities. Some of them have tried and failed. The process to change a season or add a bow season, spike season or any change is very difficult.

The best bang for hunters 'bucks' is to start changing out politicians.

A season here or there is really of very little benefit when we look at the big picture.

90% of the moose allocation, $10M a year for funding wildlife counts, burns and some pred control in Region 5 makes 60,000 moose and makes life easy.

Only way to do that is to start finding some people who represent you. The cariboo is a great place for that, the vote is always close and lots of hunters.

One thing's for certain, the MLAs are not working for resident hunters.

J_T
03-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Politicians care about two things: votes and money - that is all.

There are very, very few MLAs in BC who care about doing what's in the best interests of British Columbians. Most of the decisions that happen today do not even involve information from subject matter experts, never mind informed decision making. Decisions are being made by people who were once city councillors/mayors, who can barely read or write, but are great at paying back campaign/party supporters. Some of them cannot even decipher a basic graph.

The message politicians have gotten in the past in areas with low odds/demand and under-utilization on LEH has been, "resident hunters can't achieve their allocation so give it to us." I'm sure you can figure out who the quote is from and yes, it has worked very well for them.

There are two ways to send a message - money and votes - that is all that fits between a politicians ears. Well I can as you are evolving you are becoming less an idealist and more a realist. You are becoming more aware of the various influences that exist. Don't become to disenchanted with the effort required. Of course a political parties objective, once elected, is to get re-elected. That's not news.

To be successful (hunters) requires effort on multiple levels. Why develop a "good" relationship with your local politician? Because they will see you as a go to person for information. Look at the influence solid hunters had over Bennett. Why sit on a regional advisory forum? To share information and work the message from the ground up. Work that message in a collaborative setting with all stakeholders.

Perhaps I see things differently, it isn't jut about politicians, money and votes. Of course you have to manage the politics of the hunt, I'm not saying we don't. More importantly it's about communication. We must communicate. To non-hunters, to politicians, to hunters, to Government people responsible for wildlife management. This gives purpose to the regional wildlife advisory meetings. A sharing of information, an education of each other, to understand each others position and perspective, and collectively work toward solutions. It works.

Your quote of the comment about unused allocation. This is not new. So what. It's a request. It's a want. They sit at the same table on a regional advisory group. They have an interest in this and that's their position. We shouldn't be alarmed by it. We should work with them and with Government and everyone else at the table to find the best fit. I also know that those requests, become demands directly made to politicians. We shouldn't be afraid of that, we should learn from that and work to strengthen the weakness of our message as resident hunters.

GoatGuy
03-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Well I can as you are evolving you are becoming less an idealist and more a realist. You are becoming more aware of the various influences that exist. Don't become to disenchanted with the effort required. Of course a political parties objective, once elected, is to get re-elected. That's not news.

To be successful (hunters) requires effort on multiple levels. Why develop a "good" relationship with your local politician? Because they will see you as a go to person for information. Look at the influence solid hunters had over Bennett. Why sit on a regional advisory forum? To share information and work the message from the ground up. Work that message in a collaborative setting with all stakeholders.

Perhaps I see things differently, it isn't jut about politicians, money and votes. Of course you have to manage the politics of the hunt, I'm not saying we don't. More importantly it's about communication. We must communicate. To non-hunters, to politicians, to hunters, to Government people responsible for wildlife management. This gives purpose to the regional wildlife advisory meetings. A sharing of information, an education of each other, to understand each others position and perspective, and collectively work toward solutions. It works.

Your quote of the comment about unused allocation. This is not new. So what. It's a request. It's a want. They sit at the same table on a regional advisory group. They have an interest in this and that's their position. We shouldn't be alarmed by it. We should work with them and with Government and everyone else at the table to find the best fit. I also know that those requests, become demands directly made to politicians. We shouldn't be afraid of that, we should learn from that and work to strengthen the weakness of our message as resident hunters.

What influence did hunters have over Bennett?

Personally more of a getting the right people in the room as opposed to developing "good" relationships with "bad" people.

Wild one
03-27-2015, 01:01 PM

Personally more of a getting the right people in the room as opposed to developing "good" relationships with "bad" people.

I don't think we will ever see a truly good politician so maybe we should work on have an influence on them.

You don't have to like the crooks you just need to get them to think your ideas are good ones

J_T
03-27-2015, 01:07 PM

Personally more of a getting the right people in the room as opposed to developing "good" relationships with "bad" people. In Bennett's press release about the need to re-visit the Allocation decision, specifically with respect to Reg 4 Sheep, he identified 3 or 4 hunters who he acknowledged with helping him gain a better understanding of the issue.

Not sure what you mean with 'getting the right people in the room as opposed to developing good relationship with bad people". Understanding a person is not easy to work with is not information you have up front, unless you are pre judging others. We attend these meetings in good faith, we respect each other and work (no matter how frustrating) to the best end result. Not everyone gets what they want, but it doesn't mean you walk away.

Otherwise, I'd have logged off this site permanently long ago.

GoatGuy
03-27-2015, 01:26 PM
In Bennett's press release about the need to re-visit the Allocation decision, specifically with respect to Reg 4 Sheep, he identified 3 or 4 hunters who he acknowledged with helping him gain a better understanding of the issue.

Not sure what you mean with 'getting the right people in the room as opposed to developing good relationship with bad people". Understanding a person is not easy to work with is not information you have up front, unless you are pre judging others. We attend these meetings in good faith, we respect each other and work (no matter how frustrating) to the best end result. Not everyone gets what they want, but it doesn't mean you walk away.

Otherwise, I'd have logged off this site permanently long ago.

Hahaha, well JT there are press releases and then there is what happens before press releases. Don't think for a second any of that was about doing what's "right" or because of "influence". It was because government did not have a single leg to stand on from the GOS on BH sheep from anyone including Fish and Wildlife Branch staff, not to mention what some of the assistant guides had to say, and all the legal mumbo jumbo associated with the 'fallout' from the decision. It evolved just like a corruption-based novel.

As said before you should talk to the local trapper - maybe he will fill you in. Then again, maybe he won't.

GoatGuy
03-27-2015, 01:31 PM
I don't think we will ever see a truly good politician so maybe we should work on have an influence on them.

You don't have to like the crooks you just need to get them to think your ideas are good ones

Guess it's a matter of perspective, morals, personal integrity and just how far you're willing to marginalize yourself.

You don't have to divorce your wife if she is cheating on you and you could still be friends with your buddy who was sleeping with her.

Your choice.

Personally I'd kick both of them to the curb.

ruger#1
03-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Guess it's a matter of perspective, morals, personal integrity and just how far you're willing to marginalize yourself.

You don't have to divorce your wife if she is cheating on you and you could still be friends with your buddy who was sleeping with her.

Your choice.

Ha Ha, I thought you were going to say you are okay with a threesome.

J_T
03-27-2015, 01:46 PM
Hahaha, well JT there are press releases and then there is what happens before press releases. Don't think for a second any of that was about doing what's "right" or because of "influence". It was because government did not have a single leg to stand on from the GOS on BH sheep from anyone including Fish and Wildlife Branch staff, not to mention what some of the assistant guides had to say, and all the legal mumbo jumbo associated with the 'fallout' from the decision. It evolved just like a corruption-based novel.

As said before you should talk to the local trapper - maybe he will fill you in. Then again, maybe he won't. Oh Jesse, I don't know where you get off half the time. I know "my local trapper" and I did go talk to him as you recommended before. There was nothing earth shattering there. Nothing new.

Who cares the reasons people change their mind. Seems to me, what's important is that they do. I'm really not worried about the why. More concerned with the results. Isn't that your tag line. But, He did single out people whom you and I both respect as providing him with more information and knowledge about the situation. I think that's a good thing, placing hunters in a responsible light in the public.

Wild one
03-27-2015, 01:49 PM

Your choice.

I just believe there is no truly trust worthy politicians but yes we should try to pick the best offered

GoatGuy
03-27-2015, 01:51 PM
Oh Jesse, I don't know where you get off half the time. I know "my local trapper" and I did go talk to him as you recommended before. There was nothing earth shattering there. Nothing new.

Who cares the reasons people change their mind. Seems to me, what's important is that they do. I'm really not worried about the why. More concerned with the results. Isn't that your tag line. But, He did single out people whom you and I both respect as providing him with more information and knowledge about the situation. I think that's a good thing, placing hunters in a responsible light in the public.

Not my place to share his info.

It was not information and knowledge that was provided. What you read in the newspaper and what happens behind closed doors are worlds apart.

GoatGuy
03-27-2015, 01:52 PM
I just believe there is no truly trust worthy politicians but yes we should try to pick the best offered
There are a few, just a matter of coming up with a few more.

J_T
03-27-2015, 01:52 PM

Your choice.

Personally I'd kick both of them to the curb. Obviously you put a ton of energy in to this effort, and I think everyone appreciates that. Sure would be nice to see you make the above statement in a different way. Sounds far to much like a judgement of 'marginalize yourself'. Are you suggesting, because I wish to work hard and present myself in a softer image than you, and work toward the best fit that I'm marginalizing myself? I thought the motto was, "the world is run by those who show up". Does that not mean, regardless of who you have to work with?

I'd suggest taking the softer collaborative approach is the much harder road to take.

The comment about divorce and wives. You see, that makes this point entirely. The real issue in a difficult marriage, might not be you, your wife or your 'buddy'. It might be the hard decisions you make for your children.

GoatGuy
03-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Obviously you put a ton of energy in to this effort, and I think everyone appreciates that. Sure would be nice to see you make the above statement in a different way. Sounds far to much like a judgement of 'marginalize yourself'. Are you suggesting, because I wish to work hard and present myself in a softer image than you, and work toward the best fit that I'm marginalizing myself? I thought the motto was, "the world is run by those who show up". Does that not mean, regardless of who you have to work with?

I'd suggest taking the softer collaborative approach is the much harder road to take.

The comment about divorce and wives. You see, that makes this point entirely. The real issue in a difficult marriage, might not be you, your wife or your 'buddy'. It might be the hard decisions you make for your children.

Has nothing to do with you on a personal level.

So far as the people in the room go I have very little interest in working with people who I know will attempt to sue me, go after my job, or try to have me fired for something completely unrelated to wildlife. Or better yet threaten to withdraw funding for my association because I "ask too many questions." Those simply are not the types of people I associate with. Unfortunately, there isn't much 'softer' and 'collaborative' will solve with those types of people - there is no 'soft' way to lose your job or to pull the knife out of your back.

So far as politicians go I would rather support people who actually care about their constituents and work on behalf of British Columbians than people who are willing to sell them out at the drop of a hat.

Time for change.

J_T
03-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Has nothing to do with you on a personal level.

So far as the people in the room go I have very little interest in working with people who I know will attempt to sue me, go after my job, or try to have me fired for something completely unrelated to wildlife. Or better yet threaten to withdraw funding for my association because I "ask too many questions." Those simply are not the types of people I associate with. Unfortunately, there isn't much 'softer' and 'collaborative' will solve with those types of people - there is no 'soft' way to lose your job or to pull the knife out of your back.

So far as politicians go I would rather support people who actually care about their constituents and work on behalf of British Columbians than people who are willing to sell them out at the drop of a hat.

Time for change.
The real character of a man, is how he gets up after being knocked down, and what he does with that lesson. Why do you think I've adopted a softer approach? Because I've been that guy who pushes and asks questions, and takes risks and I've been slapped down. Interestingly, mostly from the BCWF. I know, it's about communication, it's about caucusing, developing relationships, educating. And the continued pressure to work toward solutions.

No, this isn't about you and it isn't about me. But you are a good influence and a good source to so many hunters and they'd be less without you. We can't always choose our adversaries, but we can choose our approach to dealing with them.

Fisher-Dude
03-27-2015, 03:29 PM
The real character of a man, is how he gets up after being knocked down, and what he does with that lesson. Why do you think I've adopted a softer approach? Because I've been that guy who pushes and asks questions, and takes risks and I've been slapped down. Interestingly, mostly from the BCWF. I know, it's about communication, it's about caucusing, developing relationships, educating. And the continued pressure to work toward solutions.

No, this isn't about you and it isn't about me. But you are a good influence and a good source to so many hunters and they'd be less without you. We can't always choose our adversaries, but we can choose our approach to dealing with them.

How's that working out for you? How's that bow season abeyance coming along? What year are we in now with that thing in place?

The soft approach is completely ineffective in today's politics. GG is bang on when he says all that matters is money and votes. Changing out the vote and money grubbers with people who will work for and with us is the goal.

J_T
03-27-2015, 03:45 PM
How's that working out for you? How's that bow season abeyance coming along? What year are we in now with that thing in place?

The soft approach is completely ineffective in today's politics. GG is bang on when he says all that matters is money and votes. Changing out the vote and money grubbers with people who will work for and with us is the goal. Yawn. Another bit of destructive dribble. Frankly, I've always been confused why resident hunters don't want additional opportunity. I'm ok with that. I enjoy my hunting. I'd just wish more people could enjoy what I do.

Ethier tells us there is no abeyance. He's maintained that position since we first spoke in 2007. And I don't think Government sees it as an abeyance, only some regional managers who have likely been talking with you. Because you're so unwilling to consider the possibilities. Over the years I've come to find your incredible positional attitude towards that as entertaining.

But what do I know, I'm only a wanna be shrink.

Your spots seemed to have changed. Was not that long ago you were beating people up for thinking anything other than Liberal.

wideopenthrottle
03-31-2015, 03:27 PM
I will tell you one thing that I like about LEH is that it forces hunters to actually be sure of what they are shooting (at)...I am a deep bush hunter and during GOS I see truck hunters scoping from roads...I always high tail to the deep bush during GOS but don't mind staying a little closer to roads and trails in a restricted hunt...LEH has hopefully stopped the "shoot anything that moves" types of hunters
wide

Whonnock Boy
03-31-2015, 03:38 PM
For sure. You can never be too careful out there. What was it, 8 or 9 hunters got shot and killed last year in B.C.? :biggrin:

LEH has hopefully stopped the "shoot anything that moves"

Wild one
03-31-2015, 03:44 PM
I will tell you one thing that I like about LEH is that it forces hunters to actually be sure of what they are shooting (at)...I am a deep bush hunter and during GOS I see truck hunters scoping from roads...I always high tail to the deep bush during GOS but don't mind staying a little closer to roads and trails in a restricted hunt...LEH has hopefully stopped the "shoot anything that moves" types of hunters
wide

Guess you have never been in 7 07 near the willow during LEH moose hunt LOL

Nice try seen your first post in the other thread not too hard to figure out why you like LEH hunts lol

finngun
04-01-2015, 10:48 AM
whonnoc boy--8or9 hunters got shot and killed last year in B.C.///

is that really true:shock: shocking if it is..

GotaGun
04-01-2015, 11:06 AM

Paper version in hand.yes there is:)

Wild one
04-01-2015, 12:10 PM

Not true lol

wideopenthrottle
04-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Guess you have never been in 7 07 near the willow during LEH moose hunt LOL

Nice try seen your first post in the other thread not too hard to figure out why you like LEH hunts lol

not really too keen on LEH but i did try to point out a "silver lining" ...first year of GOS for whitetails (near rock creek) i found a dead cow (shot) that was the same colour as whitetail deer.. not sure how any real hunter can make that mistake...i have not hunted there since that first year of GOS.

Whonnock Boy
04-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Nope, not true at all. Rarely does it happen up here. Now if you want to talk about fatalities, the states has close to a hundred hunting related deaths per year. High concentrations of hunters, in concentrated areas will do this, but not up here. I seem to remember one state has over a half million hunters hit the woods for a week long deer season in an area that is not much larger than Vancouver Island. So if 3/4 of the population on Van Isl. went hunting for a week, people are going to die. ;)

ruger#1
04-13-2015, 03:14 PM
wide

It does nothing. Go hunt Clinton on your LEH for muley doe. One year I counted 3 Dead does. They were small. Oh maybe you are right. Whom ever shot them were looking for large deer. These animals were shot 2KMs from the road.

Wild one
04-13-2015, 03:36 PM
not really too keen on LEH but i did try to point out a "silver lining" ...first year of GOS for whitetails (near rock creek) i found a dead cow (shot) that was the same colour as whitetail deer.. not sure how any real hunter can make that mistake...i have not hunted there since that first year of GOS.

Idiots are a problem and I have had a talk with a more than few farmers in the Kettle over the years. This did not start because of the GOS doe and there has been issues well before it. Been hunting this area off and on since I was a kid.

This is a good reason why every hunter should try and help new hunters so they learn good ethics.

The issue is not the seasons the problem is idiots and lack of enforcement.

ruger#1
04-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Idiots are a problem and I have had a talk with a more than few farmers in the Kettle over the years. This did not start because of the GOS doe and there has been issues well before it. Been hunting this area off and on since I was a kid.

This is a good reason why every hunter should try and help new hunters so they learn good ethics.

The issue is not the seasons the problem is idiots and lack of enforcement.

You and I must hunt in almost the same area. I have been hunting 8-12 since the 70s.

The issue is not the seasons the problem is idiots and lack of enforcement, And lack of knowledge.

Barracuda
04-13-2015, 03:57 PM

Re: BC LEH is out online
how do you figure? It will come eventually , They have fishing licenses on line ,soon the Core will be so its just a matter of time before hunting licenses will be including LEH . Once that happens I bet people will complain if put in for wrong draw or hit the wrong button FFS (fat finger syndrome ) in the blink of an eye you will have put in for moose in timbuktoo lol . Its a bit of a double edged sword to have the LEH on line but im sure we will get used to it when it happens .

I wonder how many people go in to get a hunting license and come out with a hunting license and a ??? I know I have done that :LOL:

ruger#1
04-13-2015, 04:00 PM
how do you figure? They have fishing licenses on line ,soon the Core will be so its just a matter of time before hunting licenses will be including LEH . Once that happens I bet people will complain if put in for wrong draw or hit the wrong button FFS (fat finger syndrome ) in the blink of an eye you will have put in for moose in timbuktoo lol . Its a bit of a double edged sword to have the LEH on line but im sure we will get used to it when it happens .

I wonder how many people go in to get a hunting license and come out with a hunting license and a ??? I know I have done that :LOL:

You know, I bought my hunting license Sunday. The girl never even offered me the regulations. Glad I have Hunt Buddy on my phone. And I did not buy any tags. I will get a bear tag. There has been one hanging around the farm.

Whonnock Boy
04-13-2015, 04:48 PM
When I spoke with the person at the govt. agent last fall he mentioned it was slated for this year. Fast forward to December when I was getting some predator tags. "Doesn't look like things are moving along to quickly" he said. Seems to me they were meant to be out last year as well. Maybe next, who knows.....

how do you figure? It will come eventually

Wild one
04-13-2015, 07:51 PM
You and I must hunt in almost the same area. I have been hunting 8-12 since the 70s.

The issue is not the seasons the problem is idiots and lack of enforcement, And lack of knowledge.

I drift between 8 12 and 8 14 depending on time of year, how hard I have to try to get away from other hunters, and if I am looking for WT or Mule deer :mrgreen:. Since the early 90's for me so you have a few more years in the area for sure.

Lots of changes over the time I have been hunting there and bet even more for you

ruger#1
04-13-2015, 07:59 PM
I drift between 8 12 and 8 14 depending on time of year, how hard I have to try to get away from other hunters, and if I am looking for WT or Mule deer :mrgreen:. Since the early 90's for me so you have a few more years in the area for sure.

Lots of changes over the time I have been hunting there and bet even more for you

Last year we ran into a logger. He said they were going to clear cut the area that we were hunting. Kind of sucks. Seen Moose , elk, turkeys, And deer there. Seen a wolf there last year. He was on the move and well educated. I like to get a ways off the road and up into the blue grouse. A few flocks of quail are also moving into 8-12, I hunt for mulies in 8-01. Any buck. Looks like 8-12 is 4 points only.

ducktoller
04-14-2015, 08:54 PM
Really hoping I win my goat Draw. Have the fiance convinced to come with me and the dog so I better get it :)