PDA

View Full Version : Wolves on the morning news

itsy bitsy xj
03-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Did anyone catch the morning Global BC News. They had a bit on about how 2 dozen wolves are coming into town around Prince Rupert. The cops and C/O's are warning that children should walk in pairs (don't want the wolves to go hungry) and pet owners should be alert.
They are looking to see if humans are cuasing this sudden increase

huntinnewbie
03-18-2015, 10:38 AM
saw that also this morning. Global TV's web site has the usual responses of they were here first, we are invading their territory, we have destroyed their habitat and prey so they are hungry, yada yada, interesting read. they are there for only one reason, something to eat. pets, garbage, and hopefully not someones child. they need to be removed pronto

hardnocks
03-18-2015, 11:21 AM
One thing is for sure those wolves wouldn`t eat steve Thomson !

After they scares the shit out of him theirs nothing left to eat.

wrenchhead
03-18-2015, 12:12 PM
One thing is for sure those wolves wouldn`t eat steve Thomson !

After they scares the shit out of him theirs nothing left to eat.
Haha quote of the day

olympia
03-18-2015, 12:23 PM
I hope the wolves either move on without harming a child or pet, better yet maybe they should be culled because of the little fear they are showing man.

REMINGTON JIM
03-18-2015, 01:02 PM
co's and cop's warning kids to walk in pairs ! :shock: WTF ? Co's and Cop's should be out there CULLING those Wolves to PROTECT those Kids ! :-( are they just gonna wait to someone is hurt or killed to get er done ? Prob ! :mad: jmo RJ

hardnocks
03-18-2015, 01:18 PM
best thing could happen is they eat david Suzuki .

scott_karana
03-18-2015, 01:26 PM
best thing could happen is they eat david Suzuki .
And make a martyr?... :P

The best thing is if COs removed them silently and swiftly before it became a public problem. Doesn't matter whether it's relocating or culling, just so long as it's under the radar... :D

Hanrahan
03-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Wolves have been coming into Rupert for years. Maybe it's getting worse since I was there 5 years ago. The cops shot one in the middle of cow bay in front of the pub when I lived there. A few took smaller dogs too, one while on a leash being walked by it's owner. I can tell you they're not coming into town because we've destroyed their habitat. There are millions of acres of untouched wilderness surrounding Rupert. They're there for an easy meal and that's all.

itsy bitsy xj
03-18-2015, 02:00 PM
We'll probably not see much more about it on the news unless someone gets hurt

kilometers
03-18-2015, 03:11 PM
co's and cop's warning kids to walk in pairs ! :shock: WTF ? Co's and Cop's should be out there CULLING those Wolves to PROTECT those Kids ! :-( are they just gonna wait to someone is hurt or killed to get er done ? Prob ! :mad: jmo RJ

They can't because the locals will call them savages and plea and protest. It would make national news and the co and cops would be shamed

itsy bitsy xj
03-18-2015, 04:20 PM
I would have thought people in Prince Rupert would have been more realistic about the problem. If it was kept quite up there and the whiners down here didn`t know it would be all good

MichelD
03-18-2015, 05:04 PM
Prince Rupert is overrun with deer, that's why the wolves are there.

olympia
03-18-2015, 05:05 PM
We'll probably not see much more about it on the news unless someone gets hurt
Or unless a "pair" of children are hurt

Busterpayton54
03-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Wasnt it the fire chief of Rupert that was calling for a full or something and everyone was crying that he should be fired? I wonder if they'll appologize if a kid or two gets eaten.

Drillbit
03-18-2015, 11:28 PM
The unfortunate thing about the people of today(society in general)......a life of a wolf/dog has more value than the life of a child.

Next we'll see a kid chewed on and the parents will be at fault.........

webley
03-19-2015, 05:41 AM
Next we'll see a kid chewed on and the parents will be at fault.........[/QUOTE]
That is so true, Well said. Steve!

REMINGTON JIM
03-19-2015, 11:14 AM
They can't because the locals will call them savages and plea and protest. It would make national news and the co and cops would be shamed

Well the way i see it sometimes they just gotta do the RIGHT thing regardless of what the savages and locals might want - jmo RJ

juby
03-19-2015, 11:33 AM
I lived there last year, the main pack has a den just on the backside of the golf course as well as a very active nature trail 15 minutes from town...peoples dogs regularly get chased/eaten here after the deer have been cleaned out. Its only a matter of time before someone is hurt as they are pretty brazen.

chilcotin hillbilly
03-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Wasnt it the fire chief of Rupert that was calling for a full or something and everyone was crying that he should be fired? I wonder if they'll appologize if a kid or two gets eaten.

Jeff, was calling for a bow season on deer and wolves with in the city limits.

Why not they have bow seasons all over the US with deer a day limits. It is a must for population control and in this case,it would help keep the wolves out.
The bunny huggers called for Jeff's job after he brought this proposal forward.

Sofa King
03-19-2015, 11:56 AM
The unfortunate thing about the people of today(society in general)......a life of a wolf/dog has more value than the life of a child.

Next we'll see a kid chewed on and the parents will be at fault.........

this.
no animal or plant or piece of dirt is worth more than a human life.

Cordillera
03-20-2015, 06:58 AM
There is an open season and lots of places in Rupert area where you safely discharge a firearm so why can't some locals reduce the population using existing and legal tools? Is there a city bylaw preventing hunting in city limits?

Any ideas that predator management should be done "secretly" will backfire. This is 2015 and everyone packs a video camera that can post stuff to the world in seconds.

kilometers
03-20-2015, 07:30 AM
There is an open season and lots of places in Rupert area where you safely discharge a firearm so why can't some locals reduce the population using existing and legal tools? Is there a city bylaw preventing hunting in city limits?

Any ideas that predator management should be done "secretly" will backfire. This is 2015 and everyone packs a video camera that can post stuff to the world in seconds.

yes their is no hunting aloud on the island

Cordillera
03-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Interesting. I'm guessing that's a city of Prince rupert bylaw as it does not show up in hunt buddy or the paper regs. With 15000 people in Prince rupert seems like a few could work on the city to drop that regulation and that would allow a local solution.