PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bear hunting 7 -2

Seabass
03-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Hello all. My good friend got a Grizz tag for area 7-2 this spring and Im going with him to give him a hand. The winter has been mild and spring is early so that should help us out. I hope to find a nice black bear if we come across one, but neither one of us know the area very well. Id like this to be a successful tag filled hunt for my friend, so if any of you have any pointers on areas that would benefit our hunt that would be most appreciated. My friend is using his 300 WM with 180s and myself Marlin 1895G 45/70 with cast 420gr @ 1850fps as backup. Thanks.

elknut
03-19-2015, 10:35 PM
Hunt Kinbasket lake...The lake will be low and the greenup is where the bears will feed ..Hunt the west side and glass the east side..Hunt the east side and glass the west side...You will see and be able to pattern a bear..I hunted the lake a number of years ago and saw over 20 bears..there is two roads ...One on the west side and one on the east side...Hope this helps Good luck..

Wild one
03-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Roads are grown in or washed out for the most part so with a truck you are limited to the west side for best access. An ATV and 2 feet and a heart beat will get you into some other areas. Healthy grizz numbers if you work the slides.

If you have a decent boat the lake is an option and could see it a good choice earlier in the season as some of the slides come right down to the lake. Would help you get into some of the slides without other access near by.

A few buddies have the draw as well so I won't be Xing a map

Take a map and find the slides you are willing to put in the work to access. If you invest the time and effort you will find grizz. I can tell you this the harder to reach slides seem to hold the biggest grizz and we have seen some big grizz. Easier access locations seem to hold smaller grizz around 6ft.

Good area in my opinion it all depends on how motivated you are

Good luck and do your best to time the magic stage in green up. No leaves on the trees but grass starting to green up in the slides. Too green and they are a lot harder to spot