PDA

View Full Version : Dana Design backpack

Ferenc
03-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Just was wondering if any members are using this pack .. I am looking to buy one .. The K2 long bed .. If I can ever find one.. If you or any one else has one for sale let me know... Seems like such a good design .. Why would they stop making them.

Ferenc
03-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Thank you very much for the reply... I will send you a email
Frank

Everett
03-17-2015, 01:05 PM
I have had a Dana Design bomb pack for 18 years and its still in amazing shape even after a minimum of 500 days of use.

scott_karana
03-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Dana Gleason went on to start Mystery Ranch, so they're probably worth looking at too. :)

moosinaround
03-17-2015, 01:58 PM
I had four of these, still have three mint ones, two Shortbeds and a Longbed Loadmaster, as new.

What happened is that Dana Gleason, founder of DD and later MR, had some issues and so he sold DD to K2 with a clause in the agreement for sale that HE would operate the pack building business for a specific period of time.

The operation was moved from Bozeman to Baja Mexico, IIRC and packs were built there and then elsewhere, he left after his contractual obligations were fulfilled and the packs were sold as K2s, and the quality declined. Then, Marmot got them, under a holding company and theirs were OK, but, NOT like the Bozeman OR Dana-K2 packs, these were discontinued several years ago.

I have a Dana-K2 Longbed Loadmaster, size large, green and in unused 99% condition. I would sell it, but, it is NOT "cheap" and it is the model which has the waistbelt integral with the bottom of the bag. PM me here, or, much better, e-mails to riest46@outlook.com and with full name and phone in your first PM, or, I do not respond....this, ONLY if the size is right and you are genuinely interested. To be clear, my others are NFS.

HTH.

Devilbear? that you?

moosinaround
03-18-2015, 08:04 PM
I figured so big black dog, good one!! Welcome back!! Moosin