PDA

View Full Version : Cabanossi?

Kudu
03-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Does anyone have a cabanossi recepie?

I'm planing on making some with venison, beef and goose!

I know that the basics include beef, pork and bacon - pepper, paprika, salt and garlic is mixed with it to give its original taste.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i460/poofter_paddi/5c91707523d114749f11175849b5b432_zps8aa788ca.jpg

IronNoggin
03-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Gotta admit Kudu, you have me right stumped with this SA Cabanossi Sausage Recipe!

I do remember liking this when over there, and so decided to give looking up the recipe a try.
It is simply not in any of my sausage making books (many), nor could I find but the briefest references on-line despite a lengthy search?

A handful of recipes for Droëwors (contains coriander etc), Polish version called Kabanosy (but contains nutmeg & caraway), another Polish Hunter's sausage termed Mysliwska (contains Juniper - which btw is the recipe I'll be using for my Buddy's Feral Pig), but nothing for the Cabanossi you are looking for :confused:

I would be Very Interested in this one myself, so will follow this thread with hope.

If no recipe as described should be forthcoming, I certainly would like to know what you come up with, and how it turns out!! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog