PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on shady outfitters in the east koots

300ultramag
03-15-2015, 08:21 PM
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9598766/Re:_Bad_guide/outfitter

its worth a read...

boxhitch
03-15-2015, 08:27 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?115133-A-view-from-the-Client-s-eyes&highlight=Musil

300ultramag
03-15-2015, 08:35 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?115133-A-view-from-the-Client-s-eyes&highlight=Musil

I thought these forums where supposed to be a resource for ppl ... Is this not something that the residents of bc should know about ..

300ultramag
03-15-2015, 08:37 PM
I thought these forums where supposed to be a resource for ppl ... Is this not something that the residents of bc should know about ..

my apologies I didn reslize this was already posted....

Fred1
03-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Ouch! Yes its too bad this kind of stuff happens. I have heard some pretty bad stories from clients who have tried other guide outfitters only to return to the outfitter I work for. There was a reply there that said: paraphrase - "its too bad the guy didn't ask about outfitters here" These forums can be good places to do some research on booking with outfitters. You guys who guide, take notice of this kind of shotty outfitter business - work for good outfitters! Make that outfitter a good place to work! And support your resident hunters!

j270wsm
03-15-2015, 10:50 PM
Didn't read all of the post, but I'll offer help to anyone who wants to hunt 4-23 north of Sparwood. I know Tyson( only in passing) but don't know anything about his guiding business.

The Dawg
03-15-2015, 10:51 PM
His Rebuttal

Im posting this on my website to give an honest response tovery untruthful and inappropriate post.
First off (Ankle Concerns)
I spoke with Matt approx. two weeks before his hunt when heinformed me of his ankle issues. Wetalked about how that could affect his hunt. First I offered him to come thefollowing year (AT NO EXTRA COST). I explained to him we would utilize thehorses as much as possible but the hunt would require a large amount of hikingregardless. Matt insisted he would be fine and the hunt was to commence asplanned.
I had gotten to know Matt fairly well over the course of ayear. I sent him pictures of past successful hunts over the summer and picturesof the scenery as I cut trail throughout the summer. He told me stories of hishunt in Africa and a hunt in New Zealand that he was also unhappy with… Mattinsisted he was a seasoned hunter that could handle anything that would come athim. ( I informed him of past hunts that required “cold camping” ,intensephysical work and long days.) Matt insisted he was physically and mentallyprepared to do what it took.
The first day.
Yes I did pick up Matt 3 hours later than planned. Yes I didhave a toe ball welded on my truck. (It was damaged a few days prior and couldnot be repaired until then) Yes we met Lisa at the store to pick up themajority of our food as we were to be in a different area. At this point we were still making good timeto be in camp. There were problems finding horses that evening. I told Matt tohead to camp and have dinner and I would find them and catch up with himshortly. Yes it did take longer than expected and I wasn’t able to locate themuntil early the next morning. As we drove to the area we were to hunt Iapologized to Matt for the inconvienence and offered him an extra day of hunting at no cost if needed.
I should also mention Matt insisted on driving my truckwhile I was on foot. He felt his experience driving with trailers made himbetter suited than Lisa. After several warnings Matt drove further until therewere no more areas to turn around. Resulting in him jackknifing and damaging mytruck and the horse float.
Day 1 of the hunt…
The first day found us trailing horses into a large valleythat consistently produced good elk. Aspromised Matt was the only guided hunter hunting out of this camp. It wasat this point Matt informed me of his plans to work for another outfitter inNorthern BC following our hunt, as he dreamt to be a guide in BC one day. Matt insisted I treat him like a friend and coachhim along with horses as he did not want to arrive at the next outfit with noknowledge. He insisted I was up front with him regarding anything he was doingwrong as far as horsemanship was concerned. I can admit the hunt changed fromhere on in and Matt was treated as a companion and not a typical client.(As perhis request)
I tried my hardest to coach him along teaching himeverything from the basics of saddling to packing and everything in between. Byday two I could tell that Matt was rethinking his Northern BC adventure as hehad come to realize the amount of work the horses require. What started assomeone listening and helping turned into a careless attitude putting himselfand the horses at risk daily. I checked over anything he touched (when hedecided to help) and found everything indissaray. From large branches stuck under the saddle to cinches being crisscrossed to upside down bridles… At one point he dismounted his horse for abathroom break dropped the reins and lead rope as his horse turned to graze hebumped Matt. Long story short he spookedhis horse and was chasing after it holding on to his tail! Throughout this timeI was very firm with Matt as he requested. I told him several times he neededto know the basics before he advanced to throwing diamonds.
Now I will say this. The hunting was slow. Apart from thefirst week of September we received zero rainfall and temperatures stayed aconstant 15C to 25-30C in the afternoons. As any outfit in the bull river willattest too. We focused in some high basins but mainly areas with wallows anddark timber. I asked matt if he was comfortable without a tent. He was fine. Wedid pack tarps in case of a sudden weather change which didn’t happen. Therewas very little sign of elk and the unseasonal heat wasn’t helping . Keep inmind we were three days into a ten day hunt at this point. As we rode out of the first big drainage Inoticed one of the horses had thrown a shoe. I informed Matt of this and wediscussed a plan to drop the horse at main camp and hunt another good producingdrainage by foot the following day.
Day 4
We dropped the horse of by 4 am and were hiking up a largeslide into an area where I had successfully guided another aussie hunter a fewyears prior. Up until this point Matt never complained about his foot. Not oneword was mentioned. Now this mountain was steep but a mountain I had guidedmany hunters age 55 and above in previous years. Now this is when the “backseatguidin g started” Matt questioned every decision I made as far as the huntingwent. Every time we stopped every time I bugled every time I glassed Matt had abetter idea. But he had watched everymossy oak video there was and was sure he knew how to do things. That was fine.Ive been guiding for over ten years and this was not the first time that hadhappened. We slowly side hilled upvalley and encountered more and more elk sign. The most wed seen at this point.It wasn’t long before several cows were spotted below us. At this point Mattwas struggling. We had been hiking on and off for about 3 hours . I feel itnecessary to mention the superb athlete that I initially booked was not infact. Matt Roe is roughly 5’5 and 240 lbs. Severely overweight for his size and age. Nonetheless we continued tohunt. It wasn’t long and Matt was exhausted. This was the most hiking we haddone since the trip started. He began to whine about his ankle , I suggested wecontinue on a bit further then head down the ridge back to the truck. He agreedand followed. About halfway downhill he seemed to be in more severe pain. Wemanaged to make it back to the truck And Matt was in fairly good shape. He saidhis ankle felt better and was happy from the amount of sign we seen. I agreedand mentioned trying this spot again in the morning, but suddenly the injuryrevisited us. (Can you see where this is going?) Matt had invisioned gallopingup the mountain and shooting a 330 bull from his saddle which was never everportrayed. As we arrived back at camp with horses Matt was limping prettyseverely. We discussed options to ride into some other areas or rest a day anddo some glassing from the truck. I gave Matt the option as only he could decidehow his ankle felt. No surprise to me he elected to take the truck.

The Dawg
03-15-2015, 10:52 PM
Day 5 started around 5 AM we took off from camp headed highinto a cut block to glass. It wasn’t ten minutes after daylight and I hadspotted several cows high in a slide. I pointed them out to Matt but heinsisted they were moose. After he stared through my Swarovski spotting scope hereluctantly agreed they were in fact elk. We moved to a different vantage pointand quickly I Spotted a younger 6 by 5 bull high in a nearby slide. The bullhad several cows and wasn’t going far. Matt had told me he would rather go homewithout a bull than shoot a 290 class elk. This changed several timesthroughout the day as we discussed all options to hunt this elk. Matt waslooking for a guarantee we would harvest this bull which of course I could notgive. Although I felt with an honest effort we had a great shot.
By day 5 I could tell Matt had already been beat mentallyand physically. He was depressed over his ankle, he realized he was unfit to wranglein the north ,never mind become a future guide and was physically exhausted dueto his size,weight and obvious lack of preparation for this hunt. The following day was spent the same glassingand driving. Although Matt did have an opportunity to harvest a young maleblackbear. I informed him the bear was not huge but a good representation ofthe species. He elected to pass and scolded me for stopping in a puddle. Weheaded back to camp to take a nap during the afternoon heat when Matt came tome in tears, he informed me he felt he could not continue due to his ankleinjuries. I tried to convince Matt to stay giving every option to at leastcontinue hunting. We could have been lucky in any circumstance as everyoneknows that is hunting. His mind was made up and he was beat down by themountains ,injury,physical fitness, and mental weakness. Because the huntingwas not as good as it had been in years passed I offered Matt a full 10 dayhunt for the same species at no cost. Whenever he felt fit enough to return. At this time he was verygracious and appreciated all I had done. He spoke of future cougar hunts and weplanned a date for 2017 for him to return and hunt elk. So to say I wasblindsided by this report would be an understatement.
From the time I dropped him off to about a week later Matthad drafted up this report and threatened to post it on every forum he couldunless I paid him over 9000$ Flights,Meals,hotels every expense he incurredtravelling to Canada. I couldn’t understandwhy he would do this until I recalled a conversation we had about his work.Matt had mentioned he worked as a subcontractor and did not want to havesurgery on his ankle until he had enough money to take approx. 6 months offwork while he healed from the surgery. Being a contractor he was not eligblefor any insurance coverage during this time. Im certain Matt hurt himself bad enough that surgery would be requiredas soon as he returned home and did not have the funds to either pay for thesurgery or take time off work while he healed. Which explains why he was sointent on blackmailing me for the outrageous sum of over $9000.

The fact of the matter is Matt was not a seasoned hunter,Not a hunter at all. He underestimated the mountains he would be hunting in.Was nowhere close to being physically fit enough to hunt in BC. He was mentallybeat by day 5 and totally quit on day 6 of a ten day hunt. I catered to Matt asmuch as I could but it was not enough. I offered every avenue to continuehunting and went above and beyond to offer him a free hunt as soon as his anklewas better.( Before any of this forum was even talked about)
There are some other facts I would like to clear up here:
-Any relations I had with Lisa Cocciolo had absolutely no effecton Matts hunt.
-At one point a packhorse layed down and began to roll fullyloaded. I was very assertive to get the horse back on its feet to avoid damageto gear and injury to the horse. I have never abused any kind of animal.Working animal,pet or otherwise.
-The talk of shooting game illegally is 100% fabricated.Matt was offered legal tags for mountain goat during day 2 of the hunt butnever offered to shoot any animal unlawfully.
- After 5 days of hunting we had spotted roughly 15 cow elk,1 legal bull, several whitetail does,several cow moose and had an opportunityto harvest a boar black bear as well as countless mountain goats.
-Top of the line tents were present and offered. It did notrain the duration of Matts stay.
- There was an unusual amount of traffic on the road but wenever ran into another hunter in the mountain the entire time we hunted.
-The camp we based out of had fully function and running HOTwater. (Matt showered every night he stayed there)
-I spent all July cutting trails throughout the area. We suffered a bad windstorm in lateaugust and there was some recent blow down and one trail that was nearlyimpassable.
-The horses were some of the best in the herd. They had beenridden all summer during trail rides.
- I have guided in that area for over 10 years. I do know itlike the back of my hand. Every successful hunter ive guided over the last tenyears will attest to this.

Thanks to all the awesome clients Ive guided over the yearsand the future ones to come. We had another exceptional cougar season and went100% on great Tom lions.

Matt better luck in the future. My offer still stands if youwould like to come back, but I will suggest better preparation if you attemptanother elk hunt in the kootenays.

Bugle M In
03-15-2015, 11:46 PM
I believe this outfit also owned another area a few years ago ( I think they have a few areas ), but were found to be taking out "Nannies" instead of "Billies".
I believe the CO's out of Golden or Invermere would have more info on these guys when they were operating outside the Invermere Area.
Glad they are gone from there....new GO is better, or shall I say...a conservationist...
That being said....many clients don't realize the challenges the Kootenays can offer....physically!

Trigger Happy
03-15-2015, 11:55 PM
Wow, what a nightmare, and your still offering your services to him ugh

gutpile
03-16-2015, 12:43 AM
Who to believe ?

Wentrot
03-16-2015, 07:54 AM
Who to believe ?

Neither, they both come off as clowns.

decker9
03-16-2015, 07:54 AM
Hard to say who's telling the truth, but imo, that hunter is full of his own shit, feeling sorry for himself because a bc hunt wasent a canned hunt like a lot are in Africa or nz. I went threw an exact same experience on the first mountain goat hunt I guided, once my hunter realized he was a lazy out of shape butterball, it was all my fault that he dident get his animal. He shit the bed and completely gave up on day 4, back to main camp on day 5, and was kicked out of main camp straight to the airport on day 6 of his 10 day hunt, while the rest of his party finished they'r 10 day hunt.

There are also shady hunters out there, just a thought.

sammy-j-peppers
03-16-2015, 08:24 AM
I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, but after spending some time guiding myself I think the middle is closer to the outfitters side.

btridge
03-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Who to believe ?
I would be inclined to give the outfitter the benefit of the doubt, but on reading other reveiws it seems their are a number of disappointed clients. I would take a pass on this outfitter.

Cyrus
03-16-2015, 11:16 AM
I would be inclined to give the outfitter the benefit of the doubt, but on reading other reveiws it seems their are a number of disappointed clients. I would take a pass on this outfitter.

shouldn't we as residents hunters be taking a pass on all outfitters??

Bugle M In
03-16-2015, 01:21 PM

In regards to the new allocation policy and its direct effect to the us, the resident hunters of BC, avoiding any GO in BC would be the best approach for sure.

btridge
03-16-2015, 04:09 PM

My comment was in reguards to the feedback this outfitter has recieved, I don't care if he is from BC, AB, SASK OR TIMBUKTU, I would not hire him based his clients feedback. There are a number of unhappy clients, not just this one.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
03-16-2015, 04:53 PM
As a former guide , i will say it sounds familiar . i have had the same thing happen to me , the client didnt know what he was getting into , they come to B.C thinking they do . , but when the work comes . they turtle . Having said that . , i do know the shit show a outfit can be. . Things that should have been done before ,Havent been done and are done on the fly . horse are a huge hassle sometimes . anything can go wrong will go wrong . the list goes on.. Sometimes it is the oufitter making excuses for the amount of Drama that comes with the hunt , and sometimes its just way the ball bounced . It was going to happen either way . there is always the unexpected . Any seasoned Big Game Hunter who was traveled the world will tell you that .. As far as trying to convince me that the guide or owner was trying to break the rules in anyway . i dont believe it . Every guide knows ,this guy could be someone other than he claims to be . there have been undercover COs planted in outfits for years .Doesnt matter where he comes from . I never bend or break a rule , never . why ? Because its not going to pay me anymore than im already getting paid ,so why would i .. Its not worth it .If we dont make a Legal kill , there is nothing we can do ., thats hunting . it was just bad luck . if this client had taken a nice bull on the first day .you wouldnt be hearing a word from him . he would have chalked it all up be being worth it , The client thinks there is all this money to be made in owning a guide outfit . there wrong . lol. The expense of hunting is unreal , gas , food etc adds up fast . .at the end of the day . the owners take is small . Anyway i will say there is two sides to every story and i hope he has better luck next time . As as far the other people involved , you were there , you know what really happened . You know what the lies are and what the Truth is ,Maybe some good will come of it . Good luck to you next season .

walks with deer
03-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Agreed a lot off bad on both sides.
Nobody can judge this tyson fellow for getting some convenient action....lol

walks with deer
03-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Imagine shoe on other foot your boss is a dick.
His wife is hot and ready to party and you have some lazy as client to drag around who can't walk.
Option a service lazy client.
Option b neglect lazy client and hammer on bosses wife even if only out of spite.
Not saying good morals or right call just ride in that seat and think.

walks with deer
03-17-2015, 09:35 PM
6 point elk in KootenY's will never be easy lazy hunter option b looks like entertainment you know from start no tip coming and you only make 35 a year guidingmaybe.

walks with deer
03-17-2015, 09:38 PM
One more thing I am sure he was looking for horides when he did not come back to camp...
Right.

j270wsm
03-17-2015, 10:13 PM
Agreed a lot off bad on both sides.
Nobody can judge this tyson fellow for getting some convenient action....lol

Not the first time he's been caught in bed with married women.

huntcoop
03-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Not the first time he's been caught in bed with married women.

Funny that the picture of him and his wife has been removed from his website, coincidence? :lol:

j270wsm
03-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Tyson's web site? She left him 6 months after they got married

huntcoop
03-17-2015, 10:42 PM
Their pic was on the site a few weeks ago.

Bugle M In
03-18-2015, 04:02 PM
Sounds like the guide didn't have the professionalism to stay focused at his task in hand, which was to be guiding his client...not his pecker!
And to all clients wanting to use any outfitter....get into shape, the EK's is NO PICNIC !, horses will NOT get you everywhere by a long shot!!
And of course, from a sales approach, everyone will tell you there area is FULL OF GAME!!

Ranger95
03-18-2015, 04:59 PM
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9598766/Re:_Bad_guide/outfitter

its worth a read...

this has been dragged and smeared over every hunting board in both Canada and the US.....

why do we insist on feeding these trolls?

Bugle M In
03-18-2015, 07:04 PM
this has been dragged and smeared over every hunting board in both Canada and the US.....

why do we insist on feeding these trolls?

We have Trolls!!!:shock:....OMG!!
Shouldn't we have a GOS for them??!!
Wonder if it would happen??, and if so,...would GOABC get 40% allocation??!!!!

NSW_hunter
03-19-2015, 12:12 AM
Hello I'm Matt aka NSW_hunter and yes this is my original post
Tyson Musil's response to my report originally posted on 24hr forum shows he has stayed true to his form of lying and using exaggerations. Of the many lies this guys a told me dating back to mid June 13 I can prove via texts emails and video some but not all of lies hopefully this will be enough to show and potential customers that he and Vin Cocciolo of Total Outdoor Adventures are to be avoided at all costs.

But firstly
I'm 30 years of age 5.9 and weigh 90kgs and have done since the age of 18 which equals 198 lbs I'm of average fitness Tony aka Duggaboybuff who many of you know has known me for close to 10 years and can verify this. Yes I had planned to help out an outfitter in Northern BC for 3 weeks after my hunt for free

My ankle
I became aware of the seriousness of damage to my ankle in August 14 I quickly called Tyson and explained the potential issue by this stage the hunt was paid for in full at no point did he offer me to wait until next year he basically played down the issue saying that we can ride to elevation in all the areas he planned to hunt.

Previous experience
Yes I have hunted in NZ on one trip for Chamois and Tahr I did not use a helicopter and hunted DOC land hiking with a back pack up from creeks/rivers onto the tops I struggled with this hunt physically as I think most Australian hunters do if you’re not used to the terrain and altitude I described this hunt as physically tough to Tyson and in no way made out I was a "supreme athlete or a seasoned mountain hunter" Tyson met me in person at the wild deer show in Bendigo 2014 if he didn't feel I would be suited to this hunt why did he still allow me to book ?

Driving his pick up
Yes I did drive his car and had to reverse it down a long steep logging road which did slightly scrap his flat tray I only was driving because he left us there at night and took off on the horses on foot Lisa Cocciolo did not want to drive as she wasn't confident reversing the trailer I didn't really have an option and expressed my frustration she then guided me to a dead end not wide enough to turn around on after doing a 100 point or so turn I managed to get the thing pointing in the right direction I doubt he had ever used his pickup with this horse float as you could only turn to around 20 degrees and then it would jack knife this with a goose neck set up !!!

Back seat Guide
I didn't dispute any of Tyson’s decisions regarding technique or where to hunt for the duration of the hunt. On the day we hiked up on foot I wanted to return to the truck due to not seeing any elk sign the only this I questioned him on was if a large pile of droppings from a single animal (the first I had seen on day 6) was from an elk his response with attitude was no its rocking horse shit. That was one of many rude comments made from him to me I have one on video you can look at I'll put a link at the bottom of this post also one of him sleeping during the day on the mountain which he did several times after calling and glassing for a while of a morning he would say we are staying here all day try to have a nap or something he would then lie down and fall into a deep sleep.

Mistreating horses
What he said about a packhorse falling over is completely untrue the horse (high tower) I witnessed him kicking repeatedly in the stomach and then punching in the face was my original horse It was a guide horse which would freak out if it was not at all times in site of the other horses for the first few days I was riding at the back of the string when leading the horses down to camp several times I could not keep up with Tyson my horse would drag me forward till I was on the ground and being dragged I did my best to hold on as I understood the hard task of trying to catch these horse's. Even after me politely explaining this issue with Tyson he still day after day continued to keep the same pace which resulted in this happening several times. I never let the horse go in his other story while I was mounting the horse it took off with me being dragged holding the reigns it didn’t pull up so I was forced to let go I had to run after the thing and did pull it up by the tail. Tyson Musil knew I had little experience with horses I told him I had only been on to trail rides before flying over at no point other that the first day did he give me any pointers with the horses other that how to saddle my horse and letting me help with the pack saddle there was no instruction about safety riding technique or what to do in an emergency.

Camp
The camp we staying in was described to me as "rustic" when I arrived I found out it had been damaged by a flood several years ago the only repairs that had been made where by the Australians that were working for the outfitter just before I arrived they had re done the floor in the main log cabin and re fitted a pot belly stove. There was no running water hot or cold until the day I left one of the Australian guys fitted a hot water tank that day and had it going.

Texts
Originally Tyson Planned to hunt in another area "Packhorse creek" I was never sent a contract then it changed to Vince Cocciolo's of the photos he sent above this text I now know that some of them where not taken in the area he is saying they are
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled.jpg.html)

these are his "trail cutting' photos I said before apart from the first trail we used I doubt any of the others had been cut for years notice the comment about running hot water
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled2.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled2.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled3.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled3.jpg.html)

When we checked the zero in my rifle I asked if he could change his rangefinder over to meters he had no idea how to do so
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled4.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled4.jpg.html)

This one if from a couple of days before I flew over that photo is right in the town of Sparwood the area is next to a main road and just to the left is a large mine I know this because we had to go to his dads to pick up his gear the first day hey says his watching elk bugle yet 3 or 4 days later the they are non-existent?

NSW_hunter
03-19-2015, 12:13 AM
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled5.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled5.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled6.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled6.jpg.html)

After arriving back to Sydney
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled7.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled7.jpg.html)

Quote the talk of shooting game illegally is 100% fabricated. Matt was offered legal tags for mountain goat during day 2 of the hunt but never offered to shoot any animal unlawfully.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled8.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled8.jpg.html)

A full day? Quote as we drove to the area we were to hunt I apologized to Matt for the inconvenience and offered him an extra day of hunting at no cost if needed.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled10.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled10.jpg.html)

NSW_hunter
03-19-2015, 12:13 AM
it was 5 days not 10 Quote Because the hunting was not as good as it had been in years passed I offered Matt a full 10 day hunt for the same species at no cost.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled9.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled9.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled10.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled10.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled11.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled11.jpg.html)

Before he tells me what he really thinks he says he enjoyed hunting with me
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled12.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled12.jpg.html)

NSW_hunter
03-19-2015, 12:14 AM
He makes out there is no way I will get any refund
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled13.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled13.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled12_1.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled12_1.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled15.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled15.jpg.html)

Still at this stage trying to get them to work out some kind of refund
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled16.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled16.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled17.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled17.jpg.html)

NSW_hunter
03-19-2015, 12:15 AM
Quote the talk of shooting game illegally is 100% fabricated. Matt was offered legal tags for mountain goat during day 2 of the hunt but never offered to shoot any animal unlawfully.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled18.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled18.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled19.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled19.jpg.html)

Suddenly a refund if available in return for a good reference
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled20.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled20.jpg.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/Untitled21_1.jpg (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/Untitled21_1.jpg.html)

I did eventually ask for a full refund including flights and the expense of changing flights and hotel rooms but not for meals I gave him plenty of chances to come up with a refunded that he and Vince could split that never happened.

NSW_hunter
03-19-2015, 12:15 AM
These are the texts I’ve received since he saw the original report these are sent before he posted his response and offer of a free hunt he has not contacted me offering this free hunt my any means. Quote Matt better luck in the future. My offer still stands if you would like to come back, but I will suggest better preparation if you attempt another elk hunt in the kootenays.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/IMG_0911.png (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/IMG_0911.png.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/IMG_0913.png (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/IMG_0913.png.html)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h454/NSW_HUNTER/IMG_0912.png (http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/NSW_HUNTER/media/IMG_0912.png.html)

This is attitude I witnessed from Tyson Musil for most of the time spent with him
After watching this so called "290" with a 5o x optical lense I made him out as a small 5x5 if he was a 6x5 it would have been due to a very small kicker I zoom back as a pickup was approaching from behind the road he was on lead up closer to the elk I was flagging him down to stop him spooking the elk listen to Tyson’s reaction. This was the only bull I saw on day 6 or 7 earlier we saw 2 cow elk at over a mile away with to resident hunters on horseback riding towards them e.g. 500 away from the elk. The quote below is a completely lie
"After 5 days of hunting we had spotted roughly 15 cow elk, 1 legal bull"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xthbv65iPAo

Here he is sleeping on the job as mentioned earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q50zvznMAY

I hope this is enough to show you that Tyson Musil is not to be trusted I hope no one else experiences what I did If you have any questions I'm happy to respond I apologise in advance if I take a while to get back to you.

Cheers Matt

The Dawg
03-19-2015, 12:46 AM
Wow, epic!

Thanks for the truth- screen shots and video dont lie! hahaha

From looking at the video with him asleep- by day 5, you were already unhappy and documenting.

Good on you!

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
03-19-2015, 01:55 AM
WOW. im still on the fence tho . my first thought is why would he offer any money back out of his own pocket . ? that doesnt make sence to me unless he had a good reason too . most of the conversation is that of defending himself , almost over selling it . like he had some reason to cover it all up and wants it to go away . But then it sounds like the client feels that hes beeing ripped off the whole time because he didnt get near a bull . so i dont know . i dont know what to belive at this point .

M.Dean
03-19-2015, 06:04 AM
Well, it's cheap entertainment! Which ones the video? When I click on the pic's all's I get is a box that says I won a contest??? Soooo, what does this guys wife look like?

bc_buckshot
03-19-2015, 06:44 AM
Talk about putting the guy on blast!.....Goes to show always be professional

bigwhiteys
03-19-2015, 08:29 AM
Every guide in the province just had their on the job napping practices called into question... lol.

Fisher-Dude
03-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Looks to me like a road hunt for elk. Park on a landing and toot the bugle a few times, hope some pesky resident woodcutters don't come along. Maybe a bull will walk out in a cut block.

Probably a low success hunt. ;)

But that's just my opinion.

Gateholio
03-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Hmmm, admits to banging his boss' wife. Offers refund out of his own pocket...eek! :)

tyreguy
03-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Very unprofessionally handled it sounds like from Day 1. Running a business means keeping your customers happy and returning, the old saying "the customer is always right" doesn't always apply but there is a time to shut your mounth and i don't think Tyson gets that. Grow up comes to mind when i see the name calling. (meeting at the bike rack at recess???)
Best thing he could have done if he agreed about the sh!t show is to send him some $$ and wash his hands. Posting his response on his own web site is a major red flag for all future clients.
It was a tough hunt in September - i was there in the same time and there was nothing moving at all, it was hot and the bulls were quiet aside from opening day which had snow - yes there were some taken but for the most part it was a poor year. I harvested nothing but a bag of empty cans in my efforts to keep hydrated.

f350ps
03-19-2015, 10:56 AM
I think the biggest mistake this guide did was to post rebuttals everywhere, sometimes it's prudent to just keep your mouth shut, this was one of those times! Unfortunately for him his anger got the better of him and he blew it, this will follow him for the rest of his life on the www. K

wideopenthrottle
03-31-2015, 02:30 PM
Joke:How do you catch a unique deer? Unique up on it! How do you catch a tame deer? Tame way – unique up on it!

I hunted up in goathaven/bull river in 2012 and 2013 for whitetails and we got two deer each both years..In /13 we also spent a couple of (clear) days hunting goats on goathaven .this area is now too accessible due to the fact that they have built roads all the way up the backside of the area that WAS very difficult to get to before..the GO there now has lost the privacy of the area..in 2012 we got a 6x6 elk right near the river crossing 2k from the guide camp as a bonus to the 8 deer...in /13 we were there for whitetails again (mostly) but we also had 2 goat tags (goat haven was undersubscribed and both of us that applied got a tag)... we got a nice billie and boy was I surprised at how good goat meat is...it was my first goat hunt and I will tell u truly it is not for the faint of heart. we hiked in from the opposite side of bull river for about 2 hours before we got to the tree line...we continued up to just below the snow line where a goat trail about 6 inches wide side hilled along..for many parts of the trail we could not look down cuz if you turned your back to the mountain, it was so steep that the pack would hit the wall behind you...(not to mention how unnerving it was to look down) the hardest parts were the shale bits that made footing unstable and by far the scariest was crossing all the mini creek beds (dry creeks)...we hiked more than 1/2 way around the entire peak section before we spotted him lying down at 425 yds...he did not see us and we had plenty of time to use the range finder and set up to shoot..my hunting partner spotted it so it was his to take...he did not miss but the goat did not move after the shot....I was looking around for another one when he said it is standing up and fired again...it stumbled and fell end over end for at least 400 yards before stopping in a dry creek bed...we took all the meat and the head/front of cape before starting down towards bull river back to camp where the other 2 guys were. we were able to get down to the trees as it got dark and had to spend the night in a little tent we brought...as we were trying to get to sleep we heard the wolves find the gut pile and they started to howl like crazy...it was quite loud and made falling asleep difficult....finally after about 1/2 an hour of howls I yelled out: "SHUT UP WE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP" in mid howl the wolf stopped and we never heard another peep out of them..personally I am comforted by the presence of wolves when in grizz country cuz bears don't like it when dogs are around...the next morn we repacked the meat up that we hung over night and headed down the creek towards our camp when we ran into a guide and a gal on horse back with a single hunter ...we chatted a bit as we passed by them and they seemed nice enough....long and the short of this story is that bull river is getting a lot more pressure the last few years so we did not hunt it last year (/14). my advice is if you want to hunt whitetails only, hunt closer to cranbrook or fernie as there are tons of deer there that are annoying farmers and residents alike...
wide