PDA

View Full Version : Where can I go?

Phoneguy
04-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Is there any rock quarries or areas that would be safe and OK for me to take my 410 and/or 22 for a couple of hours of plinking, near the lower mainland (eg withing 1.5 hours drive)? I am not looking for a formal range, just somewhere to go outdoors to see how they feel, get the kids used to them etc.

Thanks James

Jagermeister
04-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Stanley Park.:)

bsa30-06
04-06-2007, 10:44 AM

That would be an entertaining afternoon outing.lol:lol:

Tinney
04-06-2007, 11:02 AM

The members of HBC do not condone scaring the living daylights out of a bunch of hippies and getting yourself arrested....but GIV'ER HECK and take lots of pics :biggrin:

bsa30-06
04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
The members of HBC do not condone scaring the living daylights out of a bunch of hippies and getting yourself arrested....but GIV'ER HECK and take lots of pics :biggrin:

Don't worry about the pictures we'll just catch it on the 5 o'clock news.:lol:

bsa30-06
04-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Okay all kidding aside there are some area's down the east side of harrison that could and have been used as shooting ranges.Please just clean up when your done, oh yeah you'll have no problem finding these area's just look for the 300 spent shotgun shells on the ground.

Phoneguy
04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Out on Harrison East FSR? Are there any areas out behind Pitt Meadows, Rolley Lake?

Thanks

bsa30-06
04-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Just follow the harrison east fsr you'll find them, and then you give us a road report.There's a couple creeks that cross the road i'm not sure if you'll be driving thru them with all the rain we have had this year.

The Dawg
04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Head out past Mission, and turn left on Sylvester Rd...follow that the whole way up until it turns to gravel. Drive up there a few km, you will see tons of areas to shoot. As suggested, make sure you clean up!

Bushman
04-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Is there any rock quarries or areas that would be safe and OK for me to take my 410 and/or 22 for a couple of hours of plinking, near the lower mainland (eg withing 1.5 hours drive)? I am not looking for a formal range, just somewhere to go outdoors to see how they feel, get the kids used to them etc.

Thanks James

James:

Take Hwy. 7 east of Mission just past Hatzic Lake.
Make a left turn on Sylvester Road in Dewdney and follow it into the hills.
Stay to the left at the "Y" in the road about four klms or so in once you are in the mountains on the gravel road . Go a little further (about 2 klms or so) until you come to an old gravel pit site on the right and left sides of the road. Beautiful place to do a little target practice.
Bring target stands, targets, a stapler, ear and eye protection, a shooting bench or table, and be sure to always keep your shooting safe by placing your targets against the dirt backstops.
Best to head out there early in the morning to avoid dirt bikers.

Have fun and good shootin'.

Bushman

BearSniper
04-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey Phoneguy

I have a spot for you.

Take the Silver lake FSR east from Silver creek near Hope and go up 10km to the gravel pit 2 km east of Silver lake. From Abbotsford it takes me 55 minutes.

It's nice and flat with a huge hill at the far end that acts as a perfect backdrop. No chance of accidental shootings and its away from the road.

You can actually see it now on Google earth.

good luck:smile:

BearSniper

gearjunkierob
04-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey Phoneguy

I have a spot for you.

Take the Silver lake FSR east from Silver creek near Hope and go up 10km to the gravel pit 2 km east of Silver lake. From Abbotsford it takes me 55 minutes.

It's nice and flat with a huge hill at the far end that acts as a perfect backdrop. No chance of accidental shootings and its away from the road.

You can actually see it now on Google earth.

good luck:smile:

BearSniper

BearSniper...the gravel pit on the Silver/Skagit Road might seem like a great place to shoot, but the Silver/Skagit is actually a gazetted road. I could be wrong, but I think it is technically illegal to shoot within 400m of centerline on any gazetted road. I don't THINK the CO's would give you too much of a hard time here, but you never know. I know that everbody shoots there already, but it might cost 'ya if somebody was having a bad day.

Rob

pmj
04-06-2007, 09:45 PM
[quote=Phoneguy]Out on Harrison East FSR? Are there any areas out behind Pitt Meadows, Rolley Lake?

Phoneguy,
There are no place behind Pitt Meadows or Maple Ridge.

Papa Sasquatch
08-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Silver Skagit road near Hope, , southhas an area that is obviously used for all sorts of shooting. Is it private/ Public? Problematic? Some shooting Club maybe I don't know but I would like to go there and make some noise. Does anyone know anything about this place?

Popove
08-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Rolly Lake????? Are you??? im old greggggg

gutpile
08-09-2013, 05:21 PM
A place closer would be the bench rd , just past chilliwack you come to
an overpass turn right off it call prest rd. Keep on that road all the way to
the end. Turn left stay on it 5miles or so and that will put you on to the bench rd.
You can shoot anywere there, and that road will take you to chilliwack lake rd.

Phoneguy
08-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Original post from 2007....Still good info for others.

James