PDA

View Full Version : wild sheep convention

dbergen69
03-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Great time at the wsc. I meet some really nice folks and caught up with a few I met a couple of years ago. I would recommend this convention to any sheep hunters, aspiring sheep hunters or folks that like to talk hunting with other hunters.

On my way home I was lucky enough to have an opportunity to discuss the convention and my silent auction purchases with the security folks at the kelowna airport. If you are in a hurry you might not want to take reloading tools in your carry on. It took me a bit to explain what the hornady oal gauge and the modified cases were. I did manage to convince the supervisor that a piece of brass was pretty harmless but his preference was for it to go in the checked luggage. It took a little less time to explain what the reloading dies were.

Lesson learned next time. I will check reloading tools and save the second trip through security.As a bonus my checked bag has a special red "fireames or ammunition " tag. Should make it easier to spot at the pickup.

ncurrie
03-15-2015, 09:32 AM
It was a great time, would totally go again!

bc traper
03-15-2015, 12:05 PM
Can any one tell me what the bighorn European mount sold for Thanks

pistolpete
03-15-2015, 05:07 PM
It sold for $900.00. Great show my wife and I also enjoyed it planning for next year!

bc traper
03-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info It looked awesome

thepitchedlink
03-16-2015, 08:18 AM
First time for me too, enjoyed it....really loved getting my hands on so many sets of horns....especially the ones that the Bio had that where squeakers.....