PDA

View Full Version : wood lake gate west harrison

Vancouver1234
03-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Hey everyone, Im planning a fishing trip up to wood lake off of west harrison fsr, i would have posted it in the fishing forum but i figured more people may know the road in this forum. I have a pontoon boat and i wont be able to haul it all in, that being said i was just wondering if anyone knows if the gates open, or if you can arrange to have it opened. I think i was there second week of april last year and it was open. I plan on spending a night. Any info would be great!

thanks everyone

Big Lew
03-12-2015, 10:05 AM
I'd be interested as well. I like hitting the local lakes very early and don't
understand why they have locked gates once the ice is off. In years past,
I've hauled my gear in past the gate but if you have a lot of camping and
fishing gear it is quite a chore.

itsy bitsy xj
03-12-2015, 10:17 AM
I should be up that way on Sat. I'll take a look, if I don't go I know others who should be up there and I'll ask them to take a look

Buck
03-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Two weeks ago woods was closed but people were fishing it.Its not a far haul to the lake ..Weaver is open now i was up there last Sunday.

Wentrot
03-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Two weeks ago woods was closed but people were fishing it.Its not a far haul to the lake ..Weaver is open now i was up there last Sunday.

Thanks! have been wanting to take the boy out for his first fish up that way but figured it was still closed-I know what I am doing on the weekend if the weather sticks around.

Vancouver1234
03-12-2015, 04:18 PM
thanks! how was the fishing at weaver?

ruger#1
03-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Morris lake is the one I would be fishing now. Pulled a nice 27" cuttie out of there in the eighties.

Brew
03-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Wood lake was still locked I beleive last week when I was working up there. Didnt really pay attention though. How's the fishing in there.

Buck
03-12-2015, 05:01 PM
I did not fish weaver i just went up to see if it was open.Lots of folks were fishing but i never got a report.I was also up at lookout lake a couple of weeks ago and some guys were catching fish there.I have a new quad so i have been getting around.

Vancouver1234
03-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Brew, the fishing is good at wood lake, lots of rainbows if you hit it at the right time, ruger#1 can you drive into morris?? also is there any spots you could pitch a tent?

thanks

ruger#1
03-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Brew, the fishing is good at wood lake, lots of rainbows if you hit it at the right time, ruger#1 can you drive into morris?? also is there any spots you could pitch a tent?

thanks Last time i was there they had blocks in the middle of the road. Used to be able to go right to the lake and fish at the old log dump. That is the north side. On the west side you used to be able to drive. Not sure if this is the right name. Evans road. Right to the lake. And where the Weaver creak spawning channel went in. Caught a few Dollies there. Ans some Whitefish. I use a bobber with three feet of leader. A small spinner with a large dew worm. And just let it drift.

Farmer
03-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Last time i was there they had blocks in the middle of the road. Used to be able to go right to the lake and fish at the old log dump. That is the north side. On the west side you used to be able to drive. Not sure if this is the right name. Evans road. Right to the lake. And where the Weaver creak spawning channel went in. Caught a few Dollies there. Ans some Whitefish. I use a bobber with three feet of leader. A small spinner with a large dew worm. And just let it drift.

I don't think that the Evans still allow access on the west side. The road was through their property and the pigs that left a mess caused them to close off the access.

Wentrot
03-13-2015, 07:36 PM
I don't think that the Evans still allow access on the west side. The road was through their property and the pigs that left a mess caused them to close off the access.

Yup. No driving in.

itsy bitsy xj
03-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I went by Woods Lake on Sat 03/14/15 and both gates where closed and locked but the lake is so close to the road just past the second gate you couls easily walk in and carry a boat to the water

ruger#1
03-17-2015, 09:47 AM
I love Frances lake. I caught a couple of fish out of there. Cleaned them, And they were full of cigarette butts. Tom Thumbs work good on that lake.

caddisguy
03-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Went to Deer Lake in Sasquatch Park just passed where you can get onto East Harrison FSR and stayed Friday-Sunday. It was rainy and windy but we managed to get a few good fish. Ok well my gf caught a good one and I caught a couple "fun-sized" ones...