PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use Zodi camp showers?

Paulyman
03-10-2015, 09:04 PM
I'm thinking of buying one of these or building a camp shower. 2 weeks hunting without a shower is something I try to avoid. I usually get desperate and go for a swim at sub zero temperatures, I'd like to put an end to that.

http://zodi.com/hot-showers/extreme-sc

albravo2
03-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Let me know how you make out. I'm in the market too.

I've been looking on Amazon.com, a few portable camp showers on there.

Beaverhunter
03-10-2015, 09:09 PM
I have a zodi the one that you pump no batteries needed just propane. I have gotten some weird looks when I pull it out at camp but day 4 or 5 others are quite interested.

Paulyman
03-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Canadian tire sells them for $200 dollars, how much did you pay for yours and where did you get it?

Beaverhunter
03-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Wholesale is that a battery operated or pump model? Sometimes I will not even use the burner that came with it just the cook stove.

Paulyman
03-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Wholesale is that a battery operated or pump model? Sometimes I will not even use the burner that came with it just the cook stove.
That's the pump model with stove and base.

Big Hoss
03-10-2015, 09:19 PM
I have the zodi battery operated shower runs on 4 D cell think it was $30 at MEC. I buy a new 5 gallon paint can from cloverdale paint to take along. Fill it with water and place partially over fire till heated to desired temp. Drop pump into bucket push the button on battery pack and enjoy a nice hot shower

BigfishCanada
03-10-2015, 09:55 PM
ya i had one that didnt require a battery also, just the propane, Had some serious hot showers in some cold mornings.

WOrked well, sold it used for $100

Paulyman
03-10-2015, 09:59 PM
ya i had one that didnt require a battery also, just the propane, Had some serious hot showers in some cold mornings.

WOrked well, sold it used for $100

Any reason why you sold it?

Drillbit
03-10-2015, 10:01 PM
I have the battery single can one.
It's good.

If I knew there was a pump one like you pictured I'd go that way. No batteries and use the campstove like you said.

allan
03-10-2015, 10:17 PM
I built my own shower for wilderness car camping, 20' of 1/2 copper rolled into a tube, I attached a shower head on one end and a hose bib on the other, the bent tubing was enclosed in a piece of 8" exhaust vent, vented out the top at a 45 deg angle.
i put a 12 v sump pump on one end of the garden hose and attach the garden hose to the bottom of the copper coil. Nailed or hung to a tree and then hung a tiger torch to the middle of the copper coil.
Temp is adjusted by flame size of the tiger torch. If you have an ample supply of water you can have hot water on demand for as long as you want. Or if needed a plastic garbage can full of water works well.
its not pretty but works well, just don't run the tiger torch without water flowing or you will melt the shower head quick
(i sometimes use my shower heater to prewarm my hot tub if I've had to empty it and need to reheat in a hurry if to sit in it the same day. )

Beaverhunter
03-10-2015, 10:41 PM
I built my own shower for wilderness car camping, 20' of 1/2 copper rolled into a tube, I attached a shower head on one end and a hose bib on the other, the bent tubing was enclosed in a piece of 8" exhaust vent, vented out the top at a 45 deg angle.
i put a 12 v sump pump on one end of the garden hose and attach the garden hose to the bottom of the copper coil. Nailed or hung to a tree and then hung a tiger torch to the middle of the copper coil.
Temp is adjusted by flame size of the tiger torch. If you have an ample supply of water you can have hot water on demand for as long as you want. Or if needed a plastic garbage can full of water works well.
its not pretty but works well, just don't run the tiger torch without water flowing or you will melt the shower head quick
(i sometimes use my shower heater to prewarm my hot tub if I've had to empty it and need to reheat in a hurry if to sit in it the same day. )

That sounds way simpler!:-|

Ambush
03-11-2015, 06:52 AM
I have the Zodi double bottle/burner model with the electric pump. The shower head is cheap plastic that should be upgraded right away.

It's very handy as it's in one self contained bucket that double as the water reservoir. It works much better if the bucket is elevated.

Compact, easy to use and efficient and you can connect the burner to a 20 lb tank if you want.

I'm a build-it-yourself type of guy, but sometimes the extra work is just not worth the effort, especially when I'm already busy relaxing.

sammy-j-peppers
03-11-2015, 07:36 AM
I have the zodi battery operated shower runs on 4 D cell think it was $30 at MEC. I buy a new 5 gallon paint can from cloverdale paint to take along. Fill it with water and place partially over fire till heated to desired temp. Drop pump into bucket push the button on battery pack and enjoy a nice hot shower

We do the same. the zodi pump works great when used with a big pot of water heated in the fire or on the cook stove. You can get a big stock/canning pot for $20 at walmart that doubles as a dish washing basin. We also use a trekker folding privy as the shower tent. Pops up in seconds and has strings at the top to tie the shower head up and it weighs nothing.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Trekker-Fold-A-Privy/746435.uts

http://www.mec.ca/product/5028-598/zodi-battery-powered-shower/?q=zodi

Good2bCanadian
03-11-2015, 07:55 AM
I had a Zodi in the past. Worked well.

This spring bear trip, I'm bringing a shower in a bag, and a restaraunt rubber mat to stand on.
Super cheap and easy.

I have also used a small basin full of hot water and a cloth.
Just remember, wash your face first, balls second.
Not so nice, the other way around.

moosecamp
03-11-2015, 08:00 AM
I use a R.V. on demand water pump, 6' of garden hose from the inlet into a 5 gal. pail of hot water. Ten feet of garden hose from the outlet with a shower head with a shut off on it. Just hook it up to a battery and your good to go.

ultramafic
03-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Our group has one of the older ones which sits on top of the two burner camp stove. That thing will heat water to a blast of superheated steam if you are not careful. The little 4 D cell pump is a bit anemic but works and usually a 5 Gallon bucket will have enough water for a decent quick shower. We found that the hose that goes in the bucket was not heavy enough to stay submerged while it was running so I taped a 10 or 12 ounce fishing weight to it to keep it on the bottom of the bucket. We have had it for a few years and usually use it if the trip extends to the full week however last couple it came along on the trip but was never used.

Biggest problem in most moose hunting areas is finding relatively clean water to shower with... I have seen some pretty brownish water come from the streams between muskeg.... still felt cleaner than no shower but was a little off putting getting things going. Perhaps don't use a stark white 5 gallon pail and this wont be as much of an issue...haha Oh and fresh batteries should give a half dozen or so 5 gallon bucket showers.

mike

Kudu
03-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Yep - we have one - works great - we have it hooked up to a 20lb tank - we never go to bed stinky when hunting!

BigfishCanada
03-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Any reason why you sold it?

I have nicer showers now:
https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10460556_10152629102721523_4756062186782803167_o.j pg

Grizzlydick
03-11-2015, 05:11 PM
yup, cats ass, small and easy. problem is the others will want to use it so bring extra batteries.