PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for those "Drunk Grizzly Bear Hunters"!!!

Ohwildwon
03-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Found this article in the Van Observer, today...

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/news/coastal-guardian-watchmen-confront-armed-trophy-hunters-save-grizzlies (http://www.vancouverobserver.com/news/coastal-guardian-watchmen-confront-armed-trophy-hunters-save-grizzlies)

Wonder if any of these so called "Poachers" have been charged?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5309&stc=1

Fred1
03-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Jack Daniels - the natural choice of serious Grizzly hunters! ;)

Good2bCanadian
03-11-2015, 08:03 AM
I demand the COs and the RCMP to stop these observers for interfering in a legal hunt.

One country. 2 laws

Iron Sighted
03-11-2015, 08:33 AM
How would these "Watchmen" even know if the hunters in question had valid hunting licenses and tags? There is no requirement to produce them for inspection unless asked by a C.O. or the like, and I'd guess that most hunters would refuse that request.

Everett
03-11-2015, 08:40 AM
If anyone's drunk in that situation its pretty much guaranteed its native hooligans.

Ohwildwon
03-11-2015, 09:23 AM
How would these "Watchmen" even know if the hunters in question had valid hunting licenses and tags? There is no requirement to produce them for inspection unless asked by a C.O. or the like, and I'd guess that most hunters would refuse that request.

Bingo!

Just another poorly written article, courtesy Van Observer...

ruger#1
03-11-2015, 09:35 AM
I demand the COs and the RCMP to stop these observers for interfering in a legal hunt.

One country. 2 laws Did you call the CO's office. Or your District RCMP office. To make your demand. Or did you just come on here to make your statement because it makes you feel good?

butcher
03-11-2015, 10:23 AM
I, personally, will not hunt Grizzlies while sober. Way too scary. Like driving in Vancouver.

tomcat
03-11-2015, 10:39 AM
What a bunch of BS re this quote from the Van Observer article: "Coastal First Nations leader Art Sterritt calls the trophy hunt an “affront” to native culture. Hunting to eat is one thing, he says, but to slaughter bears just for their heads and claws is wrong.Elders are especially offended by the rotting bear flesh left behind by many trophy hunters. Many natives consider this bad luck.
“You’ve got this naked carcass. A bear that’s been denuded like that - they are so close to the physique of a human being,” said Sterritt, with disgust.
“It’s really an affront to our [First Nations] culture.”

Well I would like to hear their explanation why they allowed Clayton Mack, one of their own, to become one of the best grizzly hunt guides ever if it's an a "affront"to their culture: www.google.ca/#q=clayton+mack

Wild one
03-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Almost time for hunters to start pulling the discrimination card with all the BS propaganda.

Just think we could have parades just like the homosexuals lol

Wentrot
03-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Almost time for hunters to start pulling the discrimination card with all the BS propaganda.

Just think we could have parades just like the homosexuals lol

It works for everyone else....

srupp
03-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Hmmmmm,, mmmmmmmmm.....lmmmmmmm, !
Pissed

finngun
03-11-2015, 03:36 PM
tomcat---Elders are especially offended by the rotting bear flesh left behind by many trophy hunters. Many natives consider this bad luck.///

how much somebody[s] get bad luck out of the shot and left rotten 6 roosevelt elk...that happend some years back in port alb.?? i guess nobody was ever naild for that crime?.skin color???anyones guess..at least neck was red..:shock:

scoutlt1
03-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Post deleted. Best I don't put my thoughts on here....

ruger#1
03-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Post deleted. Best I don't put my thoughts on here....

A lot of us think that way.

Fred1
03-11-2015, 06:29 PM
tomcat---Elders are especially offended by the rotting bear flesh left behind by many trophy hunters. Many natives consider this bad luck.///

how much somebody[s] get bad luck out of the shot and left rotten 6 roosevelt elk...that happend some years back in port alb.?? i guess nobody was ever naild for that crime?.skin color???anyones guess..at least neck was red..:shock:

Ya that right there is funny! How many dead moose have we all seen from Jan to March left behind because they were too far from the road... hypocrites... Oh lets throw in the racist card too... Wanna buy a Sockeye? or some deer meat? One land, two laws... BAAAAARRRRFFFFFFF!!!!!

mtnmannbc
03-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Guardian Watchmen patrolling the waters for drunken hunters, most of them poachers.....hahahahahaha what a bunch of horseshit. It doesn't surprise me that the media gives these inbreds time to speak and that is what they are. They are NOT stewards of the land, I have grown up around natives my entire life and it is not a stereotype, you want to see poachers, the one that holds the light is a poacher and most of them are native. If I could promote a business offering tours of DRUNKS hunting where you could observe old beat up cars, old washing machines, boarded up windows and decrepit homes that are no more than 10 years old that were paid for by someone other then themselves, I have a ton of spots to take you and GUESS WHERE??? Call a spade a spade, no respect here obviously, I can't believe such a group of people have a say on anything, until you contribute to society, you don't get to have a say and phooey on any media corporation that preys on these individuals and gives them a say. Obviously there are a select few (natives) that actually contribute to society and phooey on them for not demanding their culture raise to a level that the rest of society can respect and we can ALL together move forward but until then, pound sand.

RockyMountainHunter1
03-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Amen brother!!

tuner
03-11-2015, 08:04 PM
The Vancouver observer is a ridiculous rag. They're the voice of elitist leftists that want to do away with anything that offends their esthetic sense. The proponents of the nanny state.

Ohwildwon
03-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Jack Daniels - the natural choice of serious Grizzly hunters! ;)

Personally, I like to walk around in the bush with a gun in one hand, and a martini in the other, pretend I'm Ernest Hemingway.. : )

Everett
03-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Guardian Watchmen patrolling the waters for drunken hunters, most of them poachers.....hahahahahaha what a bunch of horseshit. It doesn't surprise me that the media gives these inbreds time to speak and that is what they are. They are NOT stewards of the land, I have grown up around natives my entire life and it is not a stereotype, you want to see poachers, the one that holds the light is a poacher and most of them are native. If I could promote a business offering tours of DRUNKS hunting where you could observe old beat up cars, old washing machines, boarded up windows and decrepit homes that are no more than 10 years old that were paid for by someone other then themselves, I have a ton of spots to take you and GUESS WHERE??? Call a spade a spade, no respect here obviously, I can't believe such a group of people have a say on anything, until you contribute to society, you don't get to have a say and phooey on any media corporation that preys on these individuals and gives them a say. Obviously there are a select few (natives) that actually contribute to society and phooey on them for not demanding their culture raise to a level that the rest of society can respect and we can ALL together move forward but until then, pound sand.

Your cracking me up I actually am a tour guide and I make sure every tour I do has at least three reserve drive-throughs. The amount of foreign tourist I have reeducated over the last decade is amazing. They all arrive believing the noble savage caretaker of the land crap and all leave knowing the truth about our native brothers.

budismyhorse
03-11-2015, 09:24 PM
"Some scientific studies....."

Actually...ONE study.... And it wasn't scientific. It's total bullshit that was refuted by everyone from BCWF to FLNRO

Wild one
03-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Your cracking me up I actually am a tour guide and I make sure every tour I do has at least three reserve drive-throughs. The amount of foreign tourist I have reeducated over the last decade is amazing. They all arrive believing the noble savage caretaker of the land crap and all leave knowing the truth about our native brothers.

Nice to see you are doing these tours

argyle1
03-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Probably the biggest part of this whole problem is the big city lawyers that collect huge piles of our tax dollars by making sure that this shit never ends. The truth will never enter the discussion as long as these leaches have control. Talk about someone who gets paid for nothing--at least a leach is good fish bait.

I believe that we probably do live in the best country on earth, but we still have problems. From what I can see there is a gang of lawyers feverishly feeding every problem, much the way that a farmer feeds cows, in the forest industry they call it "sustained yield".

You can bet your ass that if you get in a tussle (or worse) with these "guardians" (tongue in cheek for sure) the lawyers will be clapping each other on the back saying what a great job they did of stirring yet another pot of cash.

scoutlt1
03-14-2015, 02:25 PM
This is how stupid it can sometimes be....

http://cityworldnews.com/native-american-amnesty/

Trigger Happy
03-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I, personally, will not hunt Grizzlies while sober. Way too scary. Like driving in Vancouver.

Yeeehaaa. Amen to that brother