PDA

View Full Version : Terrace, B.C., RCMP officer fined

firstshot
03-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Just shaking my head right now.

Read this. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/terrace-b-c-rcmp-officer-fined-for-not-reporting-yukon-moose-hunt-1.2985196

He obviously didn't want to use his tag in September so that way he could hunt bull moose around Terrace in October!

BimmerBob
03-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Just shaking my head right now.

Read this. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/terrace-b-c-rcmp-officer-fined-for-not-reporting-yukon-moose-hunt-1.2985196

He obviously didn't want to use his tag in September so that way he could hunt bull moose around Terrace in October!

Obviously? You may want to brush up on your geography... ;)

bcriverhunter
03-10-2015, 09:18 AM
Obviously? You may want to brush up on your geography... ;)

....drum shot, symbol!!:razz:

Tenacious Billy
03-10-2015, 09:36 AM
As noted in the article, I don't really see any benefit (other than not paying the miniscule harvest fee) for this guy not to cut his tag?.......stupid is as stupid does.

firstshot
03-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Haha shit I didn't even think of the "Yukon" part! Oh well. So then he's just a cheapskate!

ICEWOODY
03-10-2015, 11:24 AM
These are the people were suppose to trust and honour as protection for the people. Shaking my head

Ambush
03-10-2015, 11:49 AM
These are the people were suppose to trust and honour as protection for the people. Shaking my head

And if he was a plumber would you say "..and these are the people we are supposed to trust in our bathrooms.."?

It was a dumb ass move and I can't imagine what anybody thought they had to gain. Certainly not the lousy $150!

Good2bCanadian
03-10-2015, 11:52 AM
I don't get your plumber reference?

But just another POS cop that makes the rest of the good cops look bad.

bighornbob
03-10-2015, 11:59 AM
I would assume the hunter host was not that good of a hunter or just there to make it legal. By them tagging the host tag, they were probably hoping to run into another that the RCMP would tag. Two tags one shooter. Happens here way more then people realize. How many know guys that out their wives in for LEH tags but the wife never goes out unless its for a LEH tag.

BHB

Viper
03-10-2015, 01:03 PM

But just another POS cop that makes the rest of the good cops look bad.
Must be a cop hater. lighten up dude.

Ambush
03-10-2015, 01:20 PM

He's a cop and now a poacher. If he was a plumber, would that have been mentioned and all plumbers branded the same?

I just always find it puzzling that one's profession can determine if your a heinous criminal or just a dumb ass criminal.

hardnocks
03-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Really what is the crime. they were together, a tag was cut, the meat was likely shared . ...If it was a plumber it would be a non issue.

Good2bCanadian
03-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Must be a cop hater. lighten up dude.

Far from a cop hater.

I expect police to set an example of the laws they enforce.

When cops do something illegal, it looks really bad on all the others that do so much good.

scoutlt1
03-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Maybe he was guided by Abe Dougan before, and picked up some Yukon hunting pointers.......

Downwind
03-10-2015, 06:48 PM
He's a cop and now a poacher. If he was a plumber, would that have been mentioned and all plumbers branded the same?

I just always find it puzzling that one's profession can determine if your a heinous criminal or just a dumb ass criminal.

The difference is that his job is to stop people that break the law not be one of the ones that blatantly breaks the law. Do I think it was that heinous a crime? No but he did intentionally break the law so what else is he willing to break the laws for? Bribes? Blackmail? Now if a plumber said he redid the pipes in your house and you found out he just pulled them then that would make your reference more valid.
i crime is more heinous based on that persons position of power and authority and a cop has a lot more then a plumber.

Sitkaspruce
03-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Too bad we don't have a rule here in BC or Canada for that matter like they do in the States where if you are charged and convicted in one state, it is in effect for a bunch of other states, so the ban would be for both the Yukon and BC.

Cheers

SS

Viper
03-11-2015, 08:57 AM
If the cop got a speeding ticket would everyone get their knickers in a knot? He violated a Fish and Game Act REGULATION no different than a speeding ticket. As far as the higher standard due to authority this example is a very long stretch. The game was legally acquired with a minor fine for a minor offence. I almost got a ticket once cause I forgot to cut the area on my bear licence. I was in area 1 I live in area 1 and was checked 7 months later at a game check. I did commit an offence but some people like to pick fly shit out of pepper.

ultramafic
03-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Bob you hit on an interesting topic about how many guys wives and LEH who never go.. The thing with that is there is no law broken from what I can see. That is one of the problems with a shared draw as there is no way to predict when one of your hunting partners can or cannot go on a particular hunt several months later so how can a "group" be penalized for one member not being present.

Its a loop hole and there does not appear to be any way to prevent it from occurring without changes to the draw system. However with the current shared system it would seem unreasonable to force all members of a particular group to waste an LEH tag(s) simply if one group member cant make it along on the hunt...

mike

I would assume the hunter host was not that good of a hunter or just there to make it legal. By them tagging the host tag, they were probably hoping to run into another that the RCMP would tag. Two tags one shooter. Happens here way more then people realize. How many know guys that out their wives in for LEH tags but the wife never goes out unless its for a LEH tag.

BHB

j270wsm
03-11-2015, 10:59 AM
. That is one of the problems with a shared draw as there is no way to predict when one of your hunting partners can or cannot go on a particular hunt several months later so how can a "group" be penalized for one member not being present.

Its a loop hole and there does not appear to be any way to prevent it from occurring without changes to the draw system. However with the current shared system it would seem unreasonable to force all members of a particular group to waste an LEH tag(s) simply if one group member cant make it along on the hunt...

mike

where did you find this info????? Right in the leh synopsis it states that group members can join their hunting partners at a letter time as long as they haven't filled their quota.

How is there wrong with someone using their wife/kid/uncle/parent to have better odds of getting an leh tag???
As long as that person has their hunters number then it's LEGAL.

Tenacious Billy
03-11-2015, 11:37 AM
This doesn't make him a dirty cop - as mentioned, if he was taking bribes or trading favors that were somehow facilitated through his position as an RCMP member, different story. This guy was/is just stupid.....

Caribou_lou
03-11-2015, 12:20 PM
If people don't think this happens hundreds of times a year they are delusional! As long as a tag gets cut I really have no problem with it.

Really quite minor compared to what Abe Dougan is being charged with lately. CO's should really be concentrating on more guide outfits instead on wasting their time on guys like this.

GotaGun
03-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Quote :":Brent shot the moose, but instead of fixing his hunting seal to the moose, they used Michael's seal".

If you pull the trigger = you cut your tag.

Ya people do it alot shooting something and cutting buddy's tag. = Difference here , he got caught and he is a cop , if they break/bend the rules how is he allowed to enforce them ,that's a double standard..........

yamadirt 426
03-11-2015, 01:37 PM
This doesn't make him a dirty cop - as mentioned, if he was taking bribes or trading favors that were somehow facilitated through his position as an RCMP member, different story. This guy was/is just stupid.....

I disagree , if he has no problem breaking one law then he would have no problem breaking another. Dirty cop

Tenacious Billy
03-11-2015, 02:33 PM
I disagree , if he has no problem breaking one law then he would have no problem breaking another. Dirty cop

Oh geez - that's a stretch....if you've ever driven over the speed limit you've broken the law or if you forgot to put the new sticker on your licence plate - you've broken the law. You know when you're speeding - does that mean you'll willingly have no problem breaking other laws?....

I agree w/Caribou Lou - this sort of thing happens all the time and it pales in comparison to the Abe Dougan story.....but the cop is clearly an idiot - why not just cut his tag??

ultramafic
03-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Perhaps you need to re read what I wrote or perhaps I could have worded it better... In no way was I trying to say that the rules prevent any of the shared group from attending I was saying that the rules do not appear to prevent the remainder of the group from going simply because one or more members of the group cannot attend or even intends on going in the first place... And yes you are correct the group members are free to come and go from the shared hunt as they please as long as the group does not go over its limit.

I agree with you it does in fact increase a person or groups odds to have more applicants even if they do not attend the hunt or intend on attending the hunt and as far as I can see there is zero illegal about it. I was commenting on BOB's apparent opinion where he appears to disagree with this process which I can see his point too but for the time being there does not appear to be anything illegal about it.. Its still a loop hole in my opinion if it is used in that way where I believe it was intended originally on the belief that all members of a group would be moving mountains to attend on the hunts.

perhaps a topic for a different thread however.. or maybe there have been many on the subject I haven't bothered to search...

mike

where did you find this info????? Right in the leh synopsis it states that group members can join their hunting partners at a letter time as long as they haven't filled their quota.

How is there wrong with someone using their wife/kid/uncle/parent to have better odds of getting an leh tag???
As long as that person has their hunters number then it's LEGAL.