PDA

View Full Version : Any Info on spring Grizz hunting in 7-38?

44magman
03-07-2015, 11:46 PM
If anyone is willing to share some info on spring G bear hunting in 7-38, I would love to hear it! I got a LEH there this year. I live in Mackenzie and have been to the area a couple times but have not hunted it yet....

Thanks in advance!

sarg
03-08-2015, 11:47 AM
I can't help I don't know the area at all, but there is sure a lot of guy getting draws for 7-38/40, a buddy and I got a draw for 7-40 :) good luck on your hunt

.330 Dakota
03-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Is the road up there pretty good?

BromBones
03-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Road is pounded to shit sometimes, take spare tires and stuff to repair if needed. Pack fuel in, not sure if you can buy it at Germanson Landing anymore but it was always pricey.

There is a ton of access in that area, lots of black bears to chase too if you get bored. Some huge frickin black bears in there. Uslika lake area makes a decent general base camp.

Check out google earth for south facing mtn slopes with road access below, there are a ton of them.

Rackmastr
03-08-2015, 06:31 PM
x2 on what BromBones says.

Be prepared. Equipment, tires, fuel, self-reliance stuff. Help is a long ways away. Roads can be good but can be torn up as well depending on traffic and snow melt, etc.

A ton of areas to hunt, and some big black bears for sure. All those zones require some big work but can get you back into some cool areas.