PDA

View Full Version : Old swarovski binoculars

noth615
03-07-2015, 11:00 AM
I recently sent in an old pair of Swarovski binoculars that were approximately form 1992.
They had been given to me during a guiding experience in the Rockies. I put my name, address, email, phone numberand list of the defects in a package, and sent them to Swarovski's customer service in Rhode island.

A few days later I received a call from a customer service representative, stating that they had received my binoculars and that they had qualified for a repair! They also suggested that I replace my outer lens and that it wouldonly cost me $150, the cost of the other repairs were covered under warranty, this included new lens caps, rubber body armor and the repair of the lens seals.

I was very pleased with Swarovski customer service, especially since I wasn't the original purchaser, nor had I done any paperwork or held any receipts of sale...

Just got by binoculars back in the mail and I don't even recognize them!!!!

bigdogeh
03-07-2015, 11:15 AM
I recently sent in an old pair of Swarovski binocularsthat were approximately form 1992.
They had been given to me during a guiding experience in the Rockies. I put my name, address, email, phone numberand list of the defects in a package, and sent them to Swarovski'scustomer service in Rhode island.

A few days later I received a call from a customer service representative,stating that they had received my binoculars and that they had qualified for arepair! They also suggested that I replace my outer lens and that it wouldonly cost me $150, the cost of the other repairs were covered under thewarranty, this included new lens caps, rubber body armor and the repair ofthe lens seals.

I was very pleased with Swarovski customer service, especially since I wasn'tthe original purchaser, nor had I done any paperwork or held anyreceipts of sale...

Just got by binoculars back in the mail and I don't even recognize them!!!!

sweet! sounds like great customer service.

noth615
03-07-2015, 11:21 AM
a picture similar to my old pair of Swarovski binoculars .....Beforehttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/remus350/For%20Sale/0531100953a.jpg

noth615
03-07-2015, 11:25 AM
actually what they look like after I got them back !https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPDF0mPtT3f_SYEECuN3oyNKN98B72T yeLDPcdRtK-6vZhH13z (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportslinkup.com%2Fshop%2F0-Binoculars-21-LOWEST.html&ei=hUL7VIrjNYS1ogS0_YCoCQ&bvm=bv.87611401,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNHN2PRJtPUfiL5yvcVhBQZbbthaFA&ust=1425839095196457)

bigwhiteys
03-07-2015, 12:24 PM
I was given a pair from my dads guiding days... He used them for more than 15 years... Handed them too me, they started fogging up after a few years so I sent them back to swaro with a note explaining the issues. I think it was 6 weeks or so later I got a box in the mail, it was a brand new pair.

itsy bitsy xj
03-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Thats great customer service. Was it high presure on you to spend the $150 on the up graded lens?
Maybe you should send in your key board and get the space bar fixed under warranty LOL

Backcountry Hunter
03-07-2015, 04:26 PM
How long did it take to get them back? I've got almost the same pair that could use a little TLC

noth615
03-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Well I felt $150 for a couple of Swarovski lenses was a steal!! But if you never looked through a pair, I guess it would seem steep, cause that's probably what you paid for your binoculars?

noth615
03-07-2015, 09:46 PM
I would recommend getting them done, cause its like getting new binoculars back......It took about 6 weeks altogether including shipping time.

REMINGTON JIM
03-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Well I felt $150 for a couple of Swarovski lenses was a steal!! But if you never looked through a pair, I guess it would seem steep, cause that's probably what you paid for your binoculars?

Good one ! LMAO ! Cheers :smile: RJ

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
03-08-2015, 01:51 AM
ya there good . i send mine there a few years ago . they recalibrate the lens too . came back just like new .

aggiehunter
03-08-2015, 09:38 PM
and plus they actually have a swearofski snob club you can join too....but you have to trade in your buck and a half tascos first...

Liveforthehunt
03-08-2015, 09:56 PM
I did the same with my steiners and also had the same service I would expect no different with with the price of binos

Buck
03-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Had a pair of those unfortunately they were stolen.Most comfortable binocs i have had.Rockin the Zeiss classics now don't fit me as well but still good glass even today.

ACE
03-08-2015, 11:53 PM
Have a pair of 'Bausch & Lomb ... 10x Discoverer' glasses ....... they need cleaning and a tune-up. They're about 25yrs. old .....
Wonder if they're still in business ?

Good story and outcome on Swarovski's ...... 8-)

noth615
03-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Thanks , well its was nice to send in an old broken pair of binoculars and get a pretty much new pair back !!!!

I figured my story might help others out , with there old pairs of binoculars !

Pioneerman
03-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Have a pair of 'Bausch & Lomb ... 10x Discoverer' glasses ....... they need cleaning and a tune-up. They're about 25yrs. old .....
Wonder if they're still in business ?

Good story and outcome on Swarovski's ...... 8-)

They are Bushnell I have a Bausch & Lomb scope many years ago and it is same company, and they do exactly the same thing. They either repair or replace the optics and you do not need a receipt

russm86
03-09-2015, 10:32 AM
They are Bushnell I have a Bausch & Lomb scope many years ago and it is same company, and they do exactly the same thing. They either repair or replace the optics and you do not need a receipt

It just takes them 3 to 9 months instead of 6 weeks and have to go back for more repairs or another replacement 6 months after you get them back. At least that has been my experience with 2 spotting scopes and 3 rifles scopes. I no longer use bushnell for anything other than a couple scopes on rimfires. Sold the spotting scope the day I got the brand new one back and gave away my bushnell binoculars.

Jack Russell
03-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Had the exact same experience. Best customer service I've encountered - for anything.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?91076-Swarovski-10x42

Worth every penny when I bought mine. And you are right, $150 bucks for the new lens is a steal!

noth615
03-09-2015, 07:48 PM
I also own a pair of 10x42 Vortex Talons and I realized that they were giving me headache and some eye strain after a short duration of viewing, I did the research and that means the binoculars different tubes are not aligned, its called collimation alignment....... so off they went to the vortex customer service for repair, will see how the vortex VIP compares to Swarovski's client care.

Pioneerman
03-09-2015, 08:33 PM
It just takes them 3 to 9 months instead of 6 weeks and have to go back for more repairs or another replacement 6 months after you get them back. At least that has been my experience with 2 spotting scopes and 3 rifles scopes. I no longer use bushnell for anything other than a couple scopes on rimfires. Sold the spotting scope the day I got the brand new one back and gave away my bushnell binoculars.

I have had Bushnell most of my hunting like so 40 years,and never been more than a month any time sent something in and they were done right first time. But I don't have a fancy jacket or hat from the manufacturers for bragging rights

Alfonz
03-10-2015, 12:03 AM
They have a great warranty program. I had my bino strap lug break off when I was bucked off an unruly horse and I sent them in for repair, Swaro sent back a new pair free of charge. I had a leica set that the eye cup pulled right out it was within the 25 year guarantee but I bought them under my name with a different ship to address and was charged $250.00 the fix, I sold them and and run Swaro's now. I will never buy any other!

Ramshot
03-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Had a Swarovski Habicht 3-9x36 scope I bought new in 1992. Was a super reliable scope and I beat the piss out of it on a lot of back-pack sheep hunts. Finish was coming off and rubber ring to adjust power was gone. Sent it in and of no charge, it was sent back totally refurbished! I have 8x30 SLC and 10x42 SLC binoculars and would own nothing else. Swarovski gets my vote

cariboo crawler
03-15-2015, 01:13 PM
I have an old pair pre 1970's and they are getting to coloured. What is the address of the place if you don't mind.

noth615
03-15-2015, 09:45 PM
I think they prefer if you call them first, and I wouldn't avoid calling them cause they have great customer service :)

SWAROVSKI OPTIK N.A. Ltd customer service at (800) 426-3089

SWAROVSKI OPTIK N.A. Ltd
2 Slater Road • Cranston, RI 02920

warrantyrepair@swarovskioptik.us

Stone Sheep Steve
11-22-2015, 08:08 AM
Buperoni.
My 20-60x eyepiece crapped out and won't zoom. Sounds like a maraca.

Will call Monday.

digger dogger
11-22-2015, 08:31 AM
My el's are out of wack, won't focus both eyes equally???
Thanx for the reminder.