PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmans show this weekend

6pt_elk_wannabe
03-05-2015, 10:58 PM
So this is a very last minute idea that just occurred to me but has anyone heard of anyone setting up a booth this weekend to raise awareness about the allocation issues that we are all fighting so hard to publicize? I was just scrolling through the forum and thought it wouldn't be a bad idea if someone had setup a stand where they educated people on the issues at hand and maybe had petitions to sign and easy to follow steps on how to write letters to the MLA's and such as this would definitely be a great place to make our presence known and gain support from BC residents. Just curious if anyone knows of anything similar to this that may be happening this weekend.

SPEYMAN
03-05-2015, 11:45 PM
BCWF usually has a large booth. They will be selling raffle tickets and informing people of issues.

Iron Glove
03-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Is anyone doing the same at the HACS Show ??

adriaticum
03-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Is anyone doing the same at the HACS Show ??

I'm going to be there at 10.
I am looking for the dude with an iron glove

I find it particularly infuriating that HACS and Sportsmen show can't ****ing coordinate this shit and make sure they don't fall on the same weekend.

The Hermit
03-06-2015, 10:37 AM
The shows are just down the road from each other... why not go to both and save having to make two trips, especially for islanders!

Iron Glove
03-06-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm going to be there at 10.
I am looking for the dude with an iron glove

I find it particularly infuriating that HACS and Sportsmen show can't ****ing coordinate this shit and make sure they don't fall on the same weekend.

I'll be the one walking out with tons of "collectibles" for the cabin and home that the wife bought with my money and maybe a $5.00 pack of ammo for me. :sad:
Was gonna do both shows tomorrow but will likely do the Tradex on Sunday, maybe with the Son-In-Law.

adriaticum
03-06-2015, 12:27 PM
The shows are just down the road from each other... why not go to both and save having to make two trips, especially for islanders!

It's hard. I like candy :)

Ride Red
03-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Who's been to the show this year and how is it?

Weatherby Fan
03-05-2016, 10:06 AM

I find the outdoor show very diverse, I wish it had more hunting related stuff, lots of boats/boat stuff, lots of ATV/side by side stuff, the hunting booths that are there I thought were pretty good, BCWF ,Terrier Blades, Reliable, Hubs, Leica has a good booth, Kent Outdoors,

Grouse River has a good variety of the new MR packs,Cooper and Fierce Rifles,Nightforce scopes and got to meet Justin our online connection on HBC,

Vortex has a good booth set up, Kenetrek Boots, I was disappointed in the WSS booth, Cabelas has a big presence there even though no goods to show but said the store will be open in June !

I still like going either way, and put a deposit on a flyin for 2017 yahoo !

sarg
03-05-2016, 04:48 PM
i went last night, i find the $14 a person a hard pill to swallow but im a cheap prick to start with :) its a good social event and there is a few good deals on rifle if your looking for a new one

odie1830
03-05-2016, 04:51 PM
not enough hunting stuff!

Weatherby Fan
03-05-2016, 04:58 PM
i went last night, i find the $14 a person a hard pill to swallow but im a cheap prick to start with :) its a good social event and there is a few good deals on rifle if your looking for a new one

Im fortunate as my girlfriend got free VIP passes for the show, so we went today also, bought a few more tickets at the BCWF booth for the rifle and the side by side !
picked up four soft rifle cases for $50

Ride Red
03-05-2016, 07:58 PM
My wife and I went in today to look around; sure was busy. Ran into a few people I know and had a great BS session. All in all, we had a good time; now hopefully my Sheep Society tickets are winners. Did anyone stop to look at the elk rack that came out of Pitt Lake? The mass of that rack is insane, sure would like that in my sights.

RayHill
03-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Is HACS on this weekend too?

Iron Glove
03-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Is HACS on this weekend too?

19th & 20th.
We went to the Outdoor Show yesterday @ Noon, nice to be able to walk around without the crowds. Also nice to get your tickets online to avoid the big lineup to get in.
Agree not enough hunting stuff tho'.
Bought very little other than some T-shirts for the Grand Girls, some canned and smoked salmon and little things like that.
Did buy a neat beaver pelt for the cabin wall from the Trapper's booth.
Got a lot of looks carrying it around - one guy gave me a weird look so I said "Yup, took the wife to the Outdoor Show and went home with some beaver." :mrgreen:

REMINGTON JIM
03-05-2016, 08:26 PM
19th & 20th.
We went to the Outdoor Show yesterday @ Noon, nice to be able to walk around without the crowds. Also nice to get your tickets online to avoid the big lineup to get in.
Agree not enough hunting stuff tho'.
Bought very little other than some T-shirts for the Grand Girls, some canned and smoked salmon and little things like that.
Did buy a neat beaver pelt for the cabin wall from the Trapper's booth.
Got a lot of looks carrying it around - one guy gave me a weird look so I said "Yup, took the wife to the Outdoor Show and went home with some beaver." :mrgreen:

May i ask how much that Beaver pelt cost ? Thks RJ

RayHill
03-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Can we buy the beaver pelts online or in the Lml form those guys I want to make some long forearm mitts

Weatherby Fan
03-05-2016, 09:11 PM

Geez RJ your asking a man how much his beaver cost.........priceless !

Camp Cook
03-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Took my son yesterday cost me $32 to get in and parking I saw a fellow walking out with a beaver pelt as we were walking in.

My son fell in love with the BCWF shooting game he was able to play it over and over I bought one ticket on their rifle raffle and my son got a 25% off coupon for BCWF stuff when he spun their wheel so I bought him a can of bear spray/holster with the coupon and my BCWF membership discount it came to $22.00.

The guys running the fishing pool did an excellent job they were having a great time joking around.

I got to speak with a CO for a while had a couple of specific questions that I was looking for answers too.

We had to leave far too soon thought about going back Sunday but decided I'm not going to put out another $32.00 again.

Iron Glove
03-06-2016, 09:50 AM

Assuming you are asking @ the one I bought, not the one who accompanied me to the Show ;-) it was a very reasonable $80.00.
It was nicely "mounted" like the Eastern Natives did with theirs.
Now the one I brought to the Show, well that has cost me Millions over the years but she's well worth it.

REMINGTON JIM
03-06-2016, 09:50 AM

Geez WF its just the pelt NOT the whole Beaver ! LMFFAO ! :lol: RJ

03-06-2016, 03:27 PM
I just went to outdoor show. Will never go again. 14$ to fight through crowds and look at boats I will never be able to afford. I was hoping to check out a few riffles and hand made knifes but couldn't get close enough. Was unimpressed.

Salmon Belly
03-06-2016, 03:28 PM

My son picked out a nice beaver pelt there this morning $60

Salmon Belly
03-06-2016, 03:31 PM
I just went to outdoor show. Will never go again. 14$ to fight through crowds and look at boats I will never be able to afford. I was hoping to check out a few riffles and hand made knifes but couldn't get close enough. Was unimpressed.

I think the trick is to get there right at open. Had a nice bs session with Mike and John from North Arm Knives and put in an order. Not crowded but picked up around 11am or so.

My boy and I enjoyed it, will go again next year for sure.

RackStar
03-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Sounds horrible.

Bugle M In
03-06-2016, 04:36 PM
I think I'll just wait for BassPro to open up out in Tsawwassen....
Free entry, and mostly related to Hunting/Fishing.
Last time I went to an Outdoor show, it was down in Seattle.
Watched and listened to Brian Chan.
Talked to Larry d Jones and had a chance to look at Record Bull Elk Mounts (50 or so) from the
Easton display area.
Not sure why I would go here.
From what I understand, it became a lot harder for gun dealers to show stuff years ago.
And as others stated, it became a boat display arena when it was held at BC Place.
Don't think I'll ever spend the money and gas any more to see an outdoor show again.

Wentrot
03-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Sounds horrible.

It is lol....

tyreguy
03-06-2016, 05:08 PM

Take it for what it is.
One outdoor show a year that brings everyone out with a bad case of cabin fever. Every year I hear bitching about how much they don't enjoy the show or they were disappointed because someone wasn't selling guns or gear at 90% off.
I go Friday afternoon every year with my son on Friday after school and he loves it. Catches a fish, pans for gold, gets the mini donuts and forgets how many times we've gone past the Amsoil booth. We went through in an just over an hour but I've gone on weekend days and I too wouldn't go - way to busy and way too much B.O. - waaaayyy to much B.O.
Guy at the fish pond said they can't put the fish in a plastic bag because there was complaining of the kids walking around with a fish in a bag!!!
$14 isn't going to break you, nor is showing some support to these shows. Everyone including the vendors are paying to be there and for the most times the vendors may break even.
Re-runs of Finding Bigfoot or Swamp People (which both require subtitles) may provide more satisfaction if you're worried about the time or cost.
If you know what you are looking for, go to the store - skip the show, but one time you're going to see something you like and it makes it worth while.

russm
03-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Same stuff as expected, but I did renew my wildlife fed membership and entered the draw for the sako, there seemed to be less stuff and more boats and cabin rentals than normal, it might become an every 2 year even to go to.

Buck
03-06-2016, 05:33 PM
I went got a good deal on a Mustang PFD and tried to low ball checkpoint on a generator.Checked out the new MR packs at Grouse river .I thought it was worthwhile.Now if i had an extra 50 grand kicking around for a descent boat be even better.

LupieHunter
03-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Nice to see new booths there this year. I also got a free Lifeproof IPhone case from the Otterbox rep!

Gone_Fishin_
03-07-2016, 08:18 AM
My buddy won the Sako 85 Bavarian in .300 WSM with the scorpion optics scope

Guy has horse shoes up his ***. Other year he won a G-Loomis 5wt rod/reel combo and some other item can't remember. I was there with another friend and as i was filling out my ticket i made a joke as in " no point in even buying one if Aidan is cuz he'll win it anyways" to my other friend.

Well what do ya know... lucky F*** lol

Briefly spoke with him and he may not even put a round in it and sell BNIB. Has another magnum so likely suplus to his needs and will sit in the safe. Gorgeous gun... If anyone is interested PM me, likely save a couple hundred on price+taxes.

Cheers,