PDA

View Full Version : Riverjet Adventures

Rob
04-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Anyone ever gone with this outfit? Me and a friend were thinking maybe next years Moose season going up. Just wondering if a quad would be all that usable up in that country. Looks like 7-50 has a Moose & Elk season together. Thanks Rob

cwocarsten
04-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Ask 44inchram he can send you pics. I am thinking of a 2008 trip myself.

boxhitch
04-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Deja Vu...........again.

Deaddog
04-04-2007, 10:59 PM
I have used guy's service a number of times, lower on the muskwa there are areas to quad but probably more of a pain than it is worth, give guy a call you won't be dissapointed:lol:

Gateholio
04-04-2007, 11:35 PM
There is a thread in the "Sponsors" forum about Riverjet...

In any case, Guy is a good guy- and he offers a good service. IIRC he can transport quads to some areas for an additional charge.

Good chance I will be booking wiht Guy again this year for sheepies....

srupp
04-05-2007, 01:54 AM
"booking this guy again for sheepies " Gate did ya get a sheep with this guy before???

Steven

Rob
04-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Gatehouse, I have checked out the sponsor sight and I have been in touch with Guy. Just wondering if anyone has gone and if they had much success with harvesting animals.(moose/Elk). Rob

NEEHAMA
04-05-2007, 10:49 AM
my partner and i used him a few seasons ago. we took a couple of nice elk in just a few days. Guy is a very good river pilot. very good times , i can't wait to go back!

Gateholio
04-05-2007, 10:58 AM
"booking this guy again for sheepies " Gate did ya get a sheep with this guy before???

Steven

HaHa...no, went for elk and injured my back. It was a lousy trip, Not Guys fault, though!:lol:

bighornbob
04-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Gatehouse, I have checked out the sponsor sight and I have been in touch with Guy. Just wondering if anyone has gone and if they had much success with harvesting animals.(moose/Elk). Rob

Guy's job is to take you up the river and thats about it. He can point you in the right direction but that is it. He is not a guide that will hold your hand and tell you when to shoot. The area has a ton of all kinds of animals. Harvesting the animals is your job and how good of a hunter you are, the shape your in, how far are you willing to hike from the river etc etc will dictate if your are successful.

BHB

Rock Doctor
04-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I see Guy on the river, and around town every yr in the Ft Nelson area. Nice fellow, runs nice equipment, and I have never heard anything bad about him, his boating skills, or his camps.
There are not really that many places where a quad would do you much good, when being droped along the upper Muskwa, especially in 7-50. (RE. Muskwa-Kechika Management Area)

3kills
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Guy's job is to take you up the river and thats about it. He can point you in the right direction but that is it. He is not a guide that will hold your hand and tell you when to shoot. The area has a ton of all kinds of animals. Harvesting the animals is your job and how good of a hunter you are, the shape your in, how far are you willing to hike from the river etc etc will dictate if your are successful.

BHB

i think what dewey is tryin to ask is what kinda odds does a guy got for taggin out if he puts his time in up there...i dont think he is expecting guy to guide him to the animals...i know dewey well and he is a good hunter in good shape and sure he will do well up there....

hey rob are u off monday or tuesday???

hunter1947
04-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Dewey will get his animal ,no question about it ,that area is prim for animals ,guy just has to drop him off in a populated area of the animal he wants to hunt. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif hunter 1947.

Deaddog
04-05-2007, 10:38 PM
eight years up the tuchodi, the last few with guy, party has never been skunked, he will put you in good areas the rest is up to you but there is no shortage of game at all:lol:

tuchodi
04-06-2007, 08:06 AM
dewey; you will have a great trip but from my years up there I dont think you would have much luck using a quad in most places. Like Deaddog said ther are lots of animals so if you work hard you will be rewarded. We have never been skunked either and this will be my 35th year up there. We mostly take elk but have taken a few moose. I have known Guy for many years and he runs a very good service. I have recomended him to close friends and they loved there trips and have gone back other times with him, that is usually the best recomendation when you get lots of repeats. Good Hunting