PDA

View Full Version : Allocation Frustration

luckofthedraw
03-03-2015, 10:26 AM
I feel we are doing a great job; and gaining momentum every time we let our voices be heard. However, I feel tactics need to be applied to get the general public on board with what is going on.

OUR tax dollars have been given to the GOA from the ministry of tourism. The the GOA sent considerable donations; over 100,000$ to the Liberals. In return, the Liberals adjust the allocation in favor of the Outfitters and the GOA. :shock:

The Dawg has already done a great job, and a huge amount of ground work on this as noted in the other thread "time to blow this up". When, and how do we exploit this information? This is the stuff the public and the media will get behind.

The Resident Angler Preservation Fund needs to be supported. They can be the voice behind this!

303savage
03-03-2015, 10:32 AM
OUR tax dollars have been given to the GOA from the ministry of tourism. The the GOA sent considerable donations; over 100,000$ to the Liberals. In return, the Liberals adjust the allocation in favor of the Outfitters and the GOA. :shock:.

Is there any truth to this or is somebody just talking?
I didn't think the Government was for sale.
What can we do about it?

Spy
03-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Agreed maybe the Dawg can get the "real" substantiated numbers. How much was given to the GOABC to promote tourism and over how many years? How much did the GOABC donate to the Libs over how many years? What I would like to know is how did the GOABC spend the money given to them & is there a record of the spending? How did they promote tourism in BC?

luckofthedraw
03-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Is there any truth to this or is somebody just talking?
I didn't think the Government was for sale.
What can we do about it?

I hope someone else can shed light on this question. The info I am speaking of was gathered here on previous threads, and its been boiling with me since.

lange1212
03-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Spy I agree with you,

I understand the ministry of tourism handed over $380,000 tax dollars in $50,000 installments to the GOA. Has any other tourism business been propped up in such a manner at the expense of tax payers?

Just think what that tax payer money could have achieved for wildlife, habitat, medical system, education system... but instead was handed out to a dying kill trophy wildlife for profit industry, often owned by foreign interests, and employing foreign guides in many cases. Remember there's only about 240 GO in BC, In addition I believe the $116 million that is claimed to be contributed to the BC economy is grossly over inflated and need to ask how much money is now funneled out of BC via foreign ownership and employment in that industry. How does that support and benefit BC families?

I'm 100% with you, need to substantiate the $380,000 tax dollars handed over. This money provided is right out of the pockets of British Columbians and they have a right to know where its gone, get a full accounting, and exactly how it was spent.

Wouldn't that be something in the public's eyes if the commercial guiding sectors lobbyist were paid from those $380,000 tax dollars, were they? The very same people trying to privatize BC most cherished common property resource our wildlife, in an effort to inflate territory resale value. Make no mistake this entire allocation debacle has nothing to do with long term viability.

I can't figure out given the public outcry in opposition why Thomson and Clark are so staunchly set on catering to a couple hundred GO's against 100,000 resident hunting families, driving to privatize BC's wildlife, and the allocation % they wish to entrench in legislation. It has an air of "who's got the pictures and what's on them" type of hypothosis.

We already know that tax payers paid for a guide outfitter advocate. Dawg keep digging I think you'll find this goes much deeper.

ruger#1
03-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Spy I agree with you,

I understand the ministry of tourism handed over $380,000 tax dollars in $50,000 installments to the GOA. Has any other tourism business been propped up in such a manner at the expense of tax payers?

Just think what that tax payer money could have achieved for wildlife, habitat, medical system, education system... but instead was handed out to a dying kill trophy wildlife for profit industry, often owned by foreign interests, and employing foreign guides in many cases. Remember there's only about 240 GO in BC, In addition I believe the $116 million that is claimed to be contributed to the BC economy is grossly over inflated and need to ask how much money is now funneled out of BC via foreign ownership and employment in that industry. How does that support and benefit BC families?

I'm 100% with you, need to substantiate the $380,000 tax dollars handed over. This money provided is right out of the pockets of British Columbians and they have a right to know where its gone, get a full accounting, and exactly how it was spent.

Wouldn't that be something in the public's eyes if the commercial guiding sectors lobbyist were paid from those $380,000 tax dollars, were they? The very same people trying to privatize BC most cherished common property resource our wildlife, in an effort to inflate territory resale value. Make no mistake this entire allocation debacle has nothing to do with long term viability.

I can't figure out given the public outcry in opposition why Thomson and Clark are so staunchly set on catering to a couple hundred GO's against 100,000 resident hunting families, driving to privatize BC's wildlife, and the allocation % they wish to entrench in legislation. It has an air of "who's got the pictures and what's on them" type of hypothosis.

We already know that tax payers paid for a guide outfitter advocate. Dawg keep digging I think you'll find this goes much deeper.

Or who has relatives in the GOABC.

Big Lew
03-03-2015, 11:51 AM
I personally think it's just one part of Christy Clarke and her government's desire to privatize
each and everything they can within this province. They would love to be able to collect
monies from anyone enjoying our 'Beautiful BC" regardless as to if it's hunting, fishing, or just
going for a family picnic or walk.

luckofthedraw
03-03-2015, 06:17 PM
I personally think it's just one part of Christy Clarke and her government's desire to privatize
each and everything they can within this province. They would love to be able to collect
monies from anyone enjoying our 'Beautiful BC" regardless as to if it's hunting, fishing, or just
going for a family picnic or walk.

I agree. If we have accurate numbers behind us to support this type of laundering; then it needs to be done. All of British Columbians can stand to fight against corruption and the selling of all our resources.

bridger
03-03-2015, 06:38 PM
Given that he goabc has visited the liberal caucus 2000 times since 2011, that the Vice President of the Goabc is on the tourist advisory council, etc it is not hard to figure out why they are getting preferential treatment.

We need to get inside the liberal caucus and replace the Goabc influence with or own resident priority. Rally's and letters etc are great and have gotten governments attention now we need to take it a step further

The Dawg
03-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Guides to Libs

http://contributions.electionsbc.gov.bc.ca/pcs/SA1SearchResults.aspx?FilerSK=(ALL)&EDSK=0&FilerTypeSK=0&Contributor=guide+&PartySK=5&ED=(ALL)&FilerType=(ALL)&Filer=(ALL)&Party=BC+Liberal+Party&DateTo=&DateFrom=&DFYear=&DFMonth=&DFDay=&DTYear=&DTMonth=&DTDay=

https://eservice.pssg.gov.bc.ca/LRA/reporting/registrar/review.do?method=get®istrationId=435391

Lobbyists Activity Registration - Organization
Registration ID: 435391
Submitted by lobbyist on: October 20, 2014 10:10 AM
Accepted by Registrar on: October 20, 2014 10:33 AM
Designated Filer Contact Information
Surname: Ellis
First Name: Scott
Middle Name:
Address: Suite 103
19140-28th Ave
Surrey, BC V3S 6M3
Canada
E-mail Address: ellis@goabc.org
Phone Number: 604 541-6332
Fax Number: 604 541-6339
Organization Information

Name of organization: Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia
Organization business or activity summary: The GOABC promotes guide outfitting to government and within our communities. We help market the Canadian northwest as the premier hunting destination and endorse the responsible, sustainable and ethical use of the wildlife resource. There are many issues, laws, policies and regulations affecting the guide outfitting industry. We seek to ensure our members are recognized in the development and implementation of government decisions. We encourage our members to honour a Code of Conduct and follow best practices to ensure the highest quality wilderness experiences for hunting clients.
Address: Suite 103
19140-28th Ave
Surrey, BC V3S 6M3
Canada
E-mail Address: admin@goabc.org
Phone Number: 604 541-6332
Fax Number: 604 541-6339
Organization Lobbying Activity

Registration start date: October 20, 2014
Registration end date: April 18, 2015
Organization's Relevant Interfaces

Government or Government Agency Funding

Name of Government or Government Agency Amount of Funding
Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training $50,000

Page 158http://docs.openinfo.gov.bc.ca/D52856112A_Response_Package_FNR-2012-00160.PDF

MINISTRY OF FORESTS, LANDS AND NATURAL RESOURCE OPERATIONS INFORMATION NOTE Date: May 25, 2012 CLIFF/tracking #: 188559
PREPARED FOR: Tom Ethier, Assistant Deputy Minister, Resource Stewardship Division ISSUE: In preparation for the meeting on May 31st, 2012 5:30 pm 6:00 pm with Minister Pat Bell, Mark Werner, Board President and Scott Ellis, Executive Director, Guide Outfitter Association of BC (GOABC).
BACKGROUND: GOABC is meeting with Minister Pat Bell and ADM Tom Ethier to discuss:

1. Adventure Tourism Policy concerns

2. Requests for Wildlife Act amendments to improve industry competiveness. In November 2011, Wildlife Act amendments were introduced to provide business certainty to the guiding industry and to provide additional recreational opportunities to youth and families. As of April 1st, 2012, there was an increase in the deadline for submission of a guide report from 10 days after the conclusion of a hunt to 30 days after the conclusion of a hunt. Extending the deadline for submission of a guide declaration made it easier for guide outfitters to comply with reporting requirements, particularly for guides in isolated areas. As of July 1st, 2012, the ministry is increasing the length of the guiding territory certificate from a maximum of 10 years to a maximum of 25 years.
The certificate can be reissued after 3/5 of the term of the certificate has elapsed, for a period not to exceed 25 years.
GOABC received $50,000 for marketing support from the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation for 2011/12, and a further $30,000 for 2012/13.

Support from JTI is applied to GOABC’s AGM, translation services for their website and a consumer expo.

To save space, I wont post the rest of the lobby info.

Theres $380 000 Libs to GOABC

luckofthedraw
03-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Right. So $380,000 came from our tax dollars to the GOA. In return the GOA sends $100,000 plus back into the campaign fund! All we need to do is create a simple, accurate and well planned way of putting it out for the public to read and we would have all the support we need. Or am I wrong?

The Dawg
03-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Right. So $380,000 came from our tax dollars to the GOA. In return the GOA sends $100,000 plus back into the campaign fund! All we need to do is create a simple, accurate and well planned way of putting it out for the public to read and we would have all the support we need. Or am I wrong?

Its being worked on....

luckofthedraw
03-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Its being worked on....

OK. Ever since you first brought this up, it has bugged me. I'll relax now. 8)

The Dawg
03-04-2015, 11:54 AM
OK. Ever since you first brought this up, it has bugged me. I'll relax now. 8)

Not a sprint....a marathon

Buck
03-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Thanks Dawg... keep digging.

Ride Red
03-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Slow and steady always wins the race.

HD95
03-04-2015, 12:47 PM

I would suspect the average taxpayer would be choked to see their tax dollars being doled out to the GOABC.