PDA

View Full Version : Grouse River outfitters goabc sponsor

primmed99
03-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Was checking out the competitions website tonight to try and see if there was any new propaganda. First thing to pop up was the Grouse River Outfitters banners……I guess they get more business from out of country sales then they do from us locals, too bad I liked that store I know who won't get another penny from me again!

emerson
03-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Yes, their relationship weighs on my buying habits too.

dakoda62
03-01-2015, 09:39 PM
They wrote a letter late last week distancing themselves from GOABC

.300WSMImpact!
03-01-2015, 09:56 PM
I wont buy off them until this is resolved, or are removing all GOABC labeling from there logos and websites and such

Sofa King
03-01-2015, 09:56 PM
pretty silly taking things this far.
what's next? the grocery store and pharmacy that sells to them also?
aim your sights at the bulls-eye, not the whole board.

.330 Dakota
03-01-2015, 10:00 PM
pretty silly taking things this far.
What's next? The grocery store and pharmacy that sells to them also?
Aim your sights at the bulls-eye, not the whole board.

agreed...............

recoil
03-01-2015, 10:02 PM
On the subject of vendors Wholesale sports has a discount card for guide/outfitters I see no similar program for resident hunters

http://www.wholesalesports.com/store/wsoo/en/outfitter-program

Rhyno
03-02-2015, 06:52 AM
On the subject of vendors Wholesale sports has a discount card for guide/outfitters I see no similar program for resident hunters

http://www.wholesalesports.com/store/wsoo/en/outfitter-program

Damn near every company has a guide/outfitter/industry professional discount....kuiu, Sitka, you name it. If they sold everyone merchandise at 30-40% off it would be a poor business model;-)

Deaddog
03-02-2015, 07:12 AM
the tide is changing, look at Nechako outdoors, with the rifle raffles for BCWF and resident priority program. Whole Sale Sports exec met with BCWF last week, looking for a way to majorly support resident hunters in bc. Exeter sports in one hundred mile house was at the rally on Saturday, they are in talks to do a bumper sticker program with BCWF. Island Outfitters donated to todays rally in Victoria. There is lots more "discount" type of relationships being worked on thru company's and BCWF. It appears many of them like the ethical manner in which residents have conducted themselves over the tactics of others involved in this dispute. Once again it shows the residents of BC and BCWF are coming out on top of this dispute with our ethical , respectful and well thought out positions vs reactionary, misdirected and twisted number versions of others. Good luck at todays rally and pay attention to a private members bill that will be coming out today. It will be interesting to say the least!

Stone Sheep Steve
03-02-2015, 08:14 AM

That's right. GRO Dropped their sponsorship of GOABC. Send them a quick thank you email.

Mudzbogger
03-02-2015, 03:49 PM
That's right. GRO Dropped their sponsorship of GOABC. Send them a quick thank you email.

I have heard this before and while support guides and their industry working with the resident hunters, GOABC as it stands now is not the industry they need. I have seen no published info regarding this and personally if it was my choice to stop supporting something I would be requesting my companies info from being posted on their page like yesterday.

huntingfamily
03-02-2015, 07:03 PM

Dakoda62,
Do you happen to have a link to that letter somewhere?
I'd like to see that or I'll no longer be buying from GR.
Thanks.

dakoda62
03-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Its on here somewhere. went looking for it but could not find. It was posted a week to week and a half ago though.

ruger#1
03-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Re: HBC where do you stand

Grouse river posted this on facebook.

We are keenly aware of the current tensions between resident hunters and the guide outfitting community over the Provincial Government’s handling of the wildlife allocation policy.

Grouse River believes that GOABC, BCWF and a multitude of other organizations are invaluable assets in the endorsement and promotion of the responsible, sustainable and ethical use of our natural wildlife resources. Without the dedication of each of these organizations and their efforts to promote the value of wildlife, hunting and conservation many of the opportunities and traditions that are a part of our national heritage will cease to exist.

At the heart of it all, we believe that the hunting community must work out its differences, stand together and provide a united voice to ensure that our outdoor and hunting opportunities are protected for generations to come – this is a joint responsibility and one that we must all be committed to take on, regardless of political persuasion, in order to protect the outdoor lifestyle that we love.

Grouse River will continue to support all organizations whose core beliefs in the value of wildlife, hunting and conservation mirror our own.

Apolonius
03-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Manufacturers "support"guides and professional hunters ,not because they like them better than us average joes.It is a marketing tool they use, as they are more exposed and so advertise their products more.I do understand that.But if a local business that is supported by the local resident hunter ,does not support them ,then they can kiss my business goodby.

Ambush
03-02-2015, 09:03 PM
I understand that GRO is a business and are trying to maintain a safe "neutral" position.

They must also understand and live with the fact that, as a consumer, I have choices as well. And while I have no real animosity toward them, I will definitely support business that openly and concretely supports me, as a resident hunter.

Simply put, that means I will shop at Nechako Outdoors/Source for Sports here in PG and in Vanderhoof, whenever possible.

Gateholio
03-02-2015, 09:20 PM
I understand that GRO is a business and are trying to maintain a safe "neutral" position.

They must also understand and live with the fact that, as a consumer, I have choices as well. And while I have no real animosity toward them, I will definitely support business that openly and concretely supports me, as a resident hunter.

Simply put, that means I will shop at Nechako Outdoors/Source for Sports here in PG and in Vanderhoof, whenever possible.

That's how I feel, too. I don't hate any store for conducting business in the way they feel works best for them, but I will go out of the way to support businesses that actively support resident hunters.

Mudzbogger
03-02-2015, 10:41 PM
That's how I feel, too. I don't hate any store for conducting business in the way they feel works best for them, but I will go out of the way to support businesses that actively support resident hunters.

Ditto... Now only if Mark had an online site to order more from :) nudge nudge wink wink

Ranger95
03-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Was checking out the competitions website tonight to try and see if there was any new propaganda. First thing to pop up was the Grouse River Outfitters banners……I guess they get more business from out of country sales then they do from us locals, too bad I liked that store I know who won't get another penny from me again!

The mom and pop stores can afford to pick and choose with whom they do business - the bigger companies tend to wade through the emotional stuff and get on with it!

If everyone going to boycott companies that do business with GOABC great - now where shall we start?

What trucks do they drive? What gas do they use? What tires do they run? what oil do use? What alcohol do they consume? What serial do they eat? What paper do they wipe their arses with? What....

Seems like an emotional decision and not a practicle one to me - futile, at the very least!

itsy bitsy xj
03-03-2015, 09:05 AM
The mom and pop stores can afford to pick and choose with whom they do business - the bigger companies tend to wade through the emotional stuff and get on with it!

If everyone going to boycott companies that do business with GOABC great - now where shall we start?

What trucks do they drive? What gas do they use? What tires do they run? what oil do use? What alcohol do they consume? What serial do they eat? What paper do they wipe their arses with? What....

Seems like an emotional decision and not a practice one to me - futile, at the very least!

I think its more about the companys that pay to advertise with them not the comanys that sell to them. Anyone can buy fuel from gas station X and tires from tire store Y. But when companys give money to support the GOABC website then I feel they are choosing to support them over us

sammy-j-peppers
03-03-2015, 09:16 AM
pretty easy idea here, GR can pick and choose who they want to support / advertise with, and I get to choose where I spend my money. Pretty simple.

Honestly though, I would guess that its safe to assume that residents make up 95% of the business GR does? I know what I would do If I were them.

Edit: If this issue really bothers you let them know. I'm sure if they got a couple hundred emails they might change their mind..

Gateholio
03-03-2015, 10:00 AM
I think its more about the companys that pay to advertise with them not the comanys that sell to them. Anyone can buy fuel from gas station X and tires from tire store Y. But when companys give money to support the GOABC website then I feel they are choosing to support them over us

Exactly. It's about active support. It's not about where a GOABC member decides to gas up or has lunch.

If store ABC donates rifles and shotguns for BCWF fundraising auctions, they are actively supporting resident hunters. If store XYZ advertises with GOABC and offers incentives to GOABC members, they are actively supporting GOABC.

As I said before, I don't hate them for this, and they are not our enemy because of this, but I know where my dollars are going to go....

David Heitsman
03-03-2015, 04:30 PM
So let me see, to follow that useless concept... I won't fly Air Canada, won't buy gas from XYZ gas stations, shop at Save On etc. Won't bank at Royal Bank. Get real.

bigdogeh
03-03-2015, 05:20 PM
So let me see, to follow that useless concept... I won't fly Air Canada, won't buy gas from XYZ gas stations, shop at Save On etc. Won't bank at Royal Bank. Get real.

if Air Canada, XYZ gas stations, Save On etc, have a GOABC sign in their advertising, then yes I won't won't fly Air Canada, won't buy gas from XYZ gas stations, or shop at Save On etc.:smile:

just like if the liberal party want to support GOABC and put their needs ahead of the needs of the resident hunters that built this province and pay taxes to this province I won't vote for the liberal party.

hope you can follow that useless concept.

The Dawg
03-03-2015, 05:28 PM

Dont you have a guided hunt to be on?

GoatGuy
03-03-2015, 05:33 PM

Bet I've logged more then 40,000 miles the last 6 months alone on domestic airlines. Only fly Air Canada when I absolutely have to. Done two legs on AC, the rest were all with WJ.

Don't bank at Royal Bank either.

We all have choices on where to spend our money.

It's called social change. Social change drives reforms in policy, legislation and business practices.

Personally, I've always bought stuff at GR and will continue to.

bridger
03-03-2015, 05:50 PM
I have always felt it was poor business practice for outdoor stores to give discounts to outfitters just because they are outfitters or guides. It has the potential to alienate thousands of potential customers. Makes little sense to me

Down South
03-03-2015, 05:57 PM
It seems to me that if GR is giving a discount to the GOABC or anyone else, that everyone else has to pay a bit more to make up the difference, because I highy doubt that GR is losing

The Dawg
03-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Funny

GR emailed and said they were pulling sponsorship from the GOABC- but their FB says otherwise?

Apolonius
03-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Ditch them....

kawdy
03-03-2015, 07:53 PM
I contacted GR about 6 weeks ago regarding this issue, and mentioned that I was a customer who had just purchased a new T3 light and had some concerns. The reply was very professional and courteuous. Having said that, they also alluded that they weren't going to change policies regarding RH's and the GOABC. Well I have bought a crossbow (Island Outfitters) and a new 11-87 Remington (Cabelas) since then. Island Outfitters making a financial donation and supporting the rally by posting our posters made me all the happier that I chose to buy from them.

I have nothing against GR, I just choose to support the organizations that align with my personal ethics. Not saying I always can accomplish this, but I do it when I can, especially on big ticket items.

bigdogeh
03-03-2015, 08:34 PM
I contacted GR about 6 weeks ago regarding this issue, and mentioned that I was a customer who had just purchased a new T3 light and had some concerns. The reply was very professional and courteuous. Having said that, they also alluded that they weren't going to change policies regarding RH's and the GOABC. Well I have bought a crossbow (Island Outfitters) and a new 11-87 Remington (Cabelas) since then. Island Outfitters making a financial donation and supporting the rally by posting our posters made me all the happier that I chose to buy from them.

I have nothing against GR, I just choose to support the organizations that align with my personal ethics. Not saying I always can accomplish this, but I do it when I can, especially on big ticket items.

good on ya kawdy!
great explanation and it's the way I feel also.

bigredchev
03-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Think of it this way, in this conflicted time, who is fighting by your side and who is fighting against you?

bassplayer
03-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Funny

GR emailed and said they were pulling sponsorship from the GOABC- but their FB says otherwise?
Yup. I have a personal email in my inbox right now from Grouse River that said they were discontinuing their sponsorship of the G.O.A.B.C..

GrouseRiver
03-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Hi,

In response to the numerous questions and comments raised recently, both on and off this forum, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the position of our company as pertains to our relationship with the GOABC and the recent issue regarding the Wildlife Allocation Policy.

Ultimately, Grouse River is nothing more than a collection of individuals who, like every member on this forum, are passionate about the outdoors. Like you, we have a responsibility to advocate for the protection and enhancement of outdoor and hunting opportunities in BC. We believe that this responsibility is shared by all members of the outdoor sporting community including organizations like the GOABC and BCWF.

We have always been proud to support the many organizations that support conservation in this province, including the BCWF and the GOABC, both of whom we have partnered with as a key sponsor of their annual conventions and other initiatives. It is our belief that within our industry we can achieve more as a collective, than we can pitted against one another. We believe both the BCWF and GOABC share the objective of enhancing the state of wildlife and hunting opportunities in this great province.

The above stated, we recognize and support the idea that hunting opportunities in BC should be prioritized to BC residents. We feel the current requests by the GOABC to revisit the harvest allocation policy that was previously agreed to, does not sufficiently align with resident hunting interests and we have thus withdrawn our sponsorship of the GOABC at this time. The allocation issue is a challenging one, however, it would be short-sighted for anyone, including our organization, not to acknowledge that the GOABC has participated in furthering many initiatives with positive outcomes for all BC hunters. To that end we remain open to future opportunities to support any organization that has a net positive benefit to wildlife and hunting opportunities in BC.

If you would like to learn more about our involvement in the community, would like to become more involved yourself, or have a suggestion on how we can better serve you, please feel free to contact us at GRcares@grouseriver.com or on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/GrouseRiver) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/GrouseRiver).

Thank you all for engaging in this very important issue.

All the best,

Justin Paterson - Community Ambassador
Grouse River

Salty
03-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks a lot for the careful thought Grouse River has obviously put to this and for letting us know where GR stands regarding current affairs and the GOABC Justin. I'm pleased to hear and in support of how GR has decided to handle this. Yours in conservation;

Dan

The Hermit
03-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Good stuff! Now if only Christy and Thompson would open their eyes and see which way the wind is blowing!!

Stone Sheep Steve
03-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the thorough and diplomatic response GRO! We appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for the hunting community as a whole!

SSS

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
03-19-2015, 02:05 PM
I have always felt it was poor business practice for outdoor stores to give discounts to outfitters just because they are outfitters or guides. It has the potential to alienate thousands of potential customers. Makes little sense to me
Where dose your local hunting store stand?

03-19-2015, 02:46 PM
I had "Guide" Discounts at Robinsonssporting goods and Island outfitters,,, but at the time i was not a guide... i just spent alot of money in the stores

Wagonmaster
03-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Mr. Thomson et.al. need to be informed that this retail business has withdrawn their sponsorship of the GOABC. Someone with access should post where it will be seen.

280 77
03-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Thank you GRO , I can now return to being a customer at your store in good conscience .

.300WSMImpact!
03-19-2015, 04:23 PM
I will be buying at grouse river again, thanks for the support

03-19-2015, 05:08 PM
Good on you GRO And your stance and support of the residents of BC. Way to Go !
I will NOT hesitate to purchase from your store.
To bad the many many guides that are BC residents with family and relatives that live here can't see the dreadful disrespect to their own people, all in the name of greed. Shame on you all for not stepping up like GROUSE RIVER OUTFITTERS !

CT

bigdogeh
03-19-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm very impressed with you guys Grouse River. I admit I was previously disillusioned and had almost given up hope and thought your business wasn't going to waver in their support for GOABC on this issue. I personally had my mind made up not to support your business until this issue with GOABC and the resident hunters was resolved. and if it is resolved down the road I may have still not supported your store if you had not decided to pull your advertising from GOABC. it was sad for me to even see the Grouse River ads on this website and it was disheartening to see a forum thread regarding Grouse River and GOABC shut down earlier this month through what seemed to me moderation... when you had come back to say you were not going to pull your ads or support earlier. It just gives me a bit of faith that people only want what's right and fair in life. and the allocation issue is along ways from that as it stands. we may not have the dollars or will to compete with GOABC for Liberal favours, and even if we did I don't think ethically money should be a determining factor of how our wildlife resources should be allocated. but we do have a powerful will and strong collective presence. and we have a basic understanding of what is right and what is wrong. and the GO's and executive of GOABC also have to live in this province with us the residents of BC. they can choose to live as good neighbors working together toward a fair and just allocation and try to get along or choose to live in conflict and continue down their road of greed.
so again, thxs for showing support for the many hunters and even non hunters that helped build this province. it is the right thing to do.
bigD

bigdogeh
04-23-2015, 11:28 AM
still sad to see grouse river advertising on goabc's website

Seeker
04-23-2015, 03:16 PM
I'm very impressed with you guys Grouse River. I admit I was previously disillusioned and had almost given up hope and thought your business wasn't going to waver in their support for GOABC on this issue. I personally had my mind made up not to support your business until this issue with GOABC and the resident hunters was resolved. and if it is resolved down the road I may have still not supported your store if you had not decided to pull your advertising from GOABC. it was sad for me to even see the Grouse River ads on this website and it was disheartening to see a forum thread regarding Grouse River and GOABC shut down earlier this month through what seemed to me moderation... when you had come back to say you were not going to pull your ads or support earlier. It just gives me a bit of faith that people only want what's right and fair in life. and the allocation issue is along ways from that as it stands. we may not have the dollars or will to compete with GOABC for Liberal favours, and even if we did I don't think ethically money should be a determining factor of how our wildlife resources should be allocated. but we do have a powerful will and strong collective presence. and we have a basic understanding of what is right and what is wrong. and the GO's and executive of GOABC also have to live in this province with us the residents of BC. they can choose to live as good neighbors working together toward a fair and just allocation and try to get along or choose to live in conflict and continue down their road of greed.
so again, thxs for showing support for the many hunters and even non hunters that helped build this province. it is the right thing to do.
bigD
You may want to rethink that, GR feels they can sit on the fence on this issue. We all have the ability to make choices on what is important to us. GR feels it is in there best interest to continue sponsoring the GOABC as well as local clubs. I am a member of a local club so I am a bit torn, but I still disagree with GR's stance on this. In my opinion, they should support us over the GOABC. We are their bread and butter! Some will disagree with me, but I will not shop at a store that so openly and defiantly supports the GOABC to the level that GR does. That ad you see on the GOABC website is the direct result of $5000 dollar or more donation to the GOABC. Take a look at their donor form that is on their website. Too each their own.

BgBlkDg
04-23-2015, 04:00 PM
I once called there from Vancouver, as a manufacturer of hunting clothing told me that they were his Canadian reps. I spoke with a person, not very knowledgeable and he promised to return my call with the info. I wanted.....I never heard from them, left further voice mails and finally gave up.

So, having owned a specialty retail store, managed a gunshop and worked in specialty retail in various positions I was not very impressed. With the GOABC support, I see no reason to do business with them and spend my $$$$$ where support for the causes I believe in exists.

I recently shopped for the first time with Mark at Nechako and WILL return as I have with Reliable in Vancouver since spring 1967......

604ksmith
04-23-2015, 04:50 PM
I've had nothing but great customer service from Grouse River.

Regardless of their affiliations (which I do agree, matter to a certain extent) I will continue to do business with them as long as they continue their service as is.

Bugle M In
04-23-2015, 07:29 PM
I'll stick to the ma / pa shops like Reliable as well.
they may not have it in stock, but John is more than willing to order it in for ya.
And they will match the prices...
And u can be assured they won't support the GOABC in any form.

bigdogeh
04-23-2015, 08:01 PM
You may want to rethink that, GR feels they can sit on the fence on this issue. We all have the ability to make choices on what is important to us. GR feels it is in there best interest to continue sponsoring the GOABC as well as local clubs. I am a member of a local club so I am a bit torn, but I still disagree with GR's stance on this. In my opinion, they should support us over the GOABC. We are their bread and butter! Some will disagree with me, but I will not shop at a store that so openly and defiantly supports the GOABC to the level that GR does. That ad you see on the GOABC website is the direct result of $5000 dollar or more donation to the GOABC. Take a look at their donor form that is on their website. Too each their own.

when I made my comment on post # 45 I guess I just assumed when they said that they would support the resident hunter in this issue that they would pull their advertising from goabc. guess I was wrong. kinda hard to believe they are supporting the resident hunter with the allocation issue and still OK with advertising on the goabc website. not something I would do if I owned a small business. and I have... just not hunting related....beginning to wish I hadn't made my post number 45 now knowing they are still running their advertising and have made a 5000 dollar contribution to goabc... that money may have been better spent for them on the resident priority fund....

GrouseRiver
04-25-2015, 12:15 PM
Hi,

Please allow me to start by thanking all those who have commented and viewed this thread, as well as all those who continue to contribute to the larger conversation regarding the Wildlife Allocation Policy. This is an issue which is bringing forth a lot of very positive dialogue, and we are grateful for the opportunity to participate in the discussion.

In response to the continued questions regarding our relationship with the GOABC, particularly as pertains to our banner on their website, I would like to offer some further insight. In 2014, we made a substantial donation to the GOABC which provided us with the advertising you continue to see on their website. As this advertising was supported in part by some of our vendor partners we are not the sole beneficiary from it so it remains in place. Grouse River has not provided support to the GOABC over the past year they are simply acting with integrity infulfilling their commitment to this advertising that was “paid in advance”.

On principle, we question the large allocations being requested by GOABC and this has caused us to withhold further support at this time. That noted, as with most things, the polarization and extreme nature of the media tend to work against our larger hunting community. As a proud BC company made up of hunters, we believe the best results for wildlife and habitat can be accomplished through collaboration. Organizations that have a common interest in maximizing the quantity and quality of hunting opportunities in BC – this includes ourselves, the BCWF, and the GOABC, must find a way to come together to achieve the greatest good. We look forward to our continued dialogue with all parties on this issue and believe it is our responsibility, as it is that of every hunter, to uncover the facts and not simply rely on media outlets (or even individual personalities) that profit from a good story.

It should also be noted that our support of the BCWF and other organizations over the past several years, has far exceeded the support given to the GOABC. We have always been and we remain a strong supporter of the BCWF and are pleased to be a Platinum Sponsor at their Annual Meeting, where we are currently in attendance. We remain proud to support the multitude of organizations that advocate for the enhancement and conservation of wildlife and wild places in this province. We also look forward to further educating ourselves on, and engaging in, the dialogue and action surrounding these issues, which are of great importance to all of us.

Our business is built around our customers and to that end I would like to offer my willingness to dialogue with you on this issue or any other aspect of your experience with us. My direct phone number is 250-868-1058 (tel:250-868-1058) and can also be reached by email GRcares@grouseriver.com

Best regards,
Justin Paterson – Community Ambassador

bridger
04-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Tip of the hat to Grouse River for fully donating a gun werks rifle package to the BCWF convention last weekend. Thanks Guys

Whonnock Boy
04-27-2015, 12:50 PM
For sure!

Had the pleasure of having dinner with the GR representative at the awards dinner. I was impressed with what he had to say, and how he came across. I think you have hired the right guy GR. ;)

Tip of the hat to Grouse River for fully donating a gun werks rifle package to the BCWF convention last weekend. Thanks Guys

Fisher-Dude
04-27-2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks GR for your very generous donation to the Fernie fundraiser.

Seeker
04-27-2015, 02:00 PM
This is why I am torn. I know GR does great things for the clubs, a lot of it. For that I am incredibly grateful, I truly am. I commend GR for clarifying their stance here. Thank you.

However, I laughed and almost vomited, when I read the word 'integrity' pertaining to any action made by the current GOABC executive.:tongue:

bearhunter338-06
04-27-2015, 02:07 PM
This is why I am torn. I know GR does great things for the clubs, a lot of it. For that I am incredibly grateful, I truly am. I commend GR for clarifying their stance here. Thank you.

However, I laughed and almost vomited, when I read the word 'integrity' pertaining to any action made by the current GOABC executive.:tongue:

I think we should just stop shopping at every sporting good store and outfitter period. As they all sell to guides and outfitters. That will teach them all we mean business.

ruger#1
04-28-2015, 03:24 AM
I think we should just stop shopping at every sporting good store and outfitter period. As they all sell to guides and outfitters. That will teach them all we mean business. why stop there. Grocery, liquor,And gas stations. Omg it's endless.

bridger
04-28-2015, 05:24 AM
I'd draw the line at the liquor store. Lol

bearhunter338-06
04-28-2015, 06:51 AM
why stop there. Grocery, liquor,And gas stations. Omg it's endless.

you are right. Stop buying Fords, Chevs, Dodge and every other car/truck out their. Stop buying Guns and sell all your firearms as well because a guide outfitter may have bought the same one you own.