PDA

View Full Version : northern bc jet boat access

Otchunting
02-27-2015, 09:54 PM
I know I know don't ask for honey holes and im not... I just cant find much info on which rivers up near fort nelson are good for jet boats. trying to take my father in law up there and was hoping for a few rivers to concentrate my plans on or where online I can do the research myself... thanks for your help...

DawsonCreedmoor
02-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Muskwa, tuchodi, kechika, turnagain

bpeters
02-28-2015, 12:15 PM
have a look on a site called riverjet adventures, they are basically a taxi service that takes you way up the muskwa or tuchodi river for a DIY hunt for anything, moose caribou elk sheep you name it. they go up and drop you off for however many days you want then they'll come pick you and your meat up!

eric
02-28-2015, 12:29 PM
depends on what time of yr and what critters your after.

The Kechika and Turnagain only have the 10 day Elk season.
The Muskwa and Tuchodi.pick your poison,both are great for all species.
The Kechika your going to need to pack a lot of fuel

What type of boat you running ?

Otchunting
02-28-2015, 03:39 PM
18 foot outboard jet... not a big boat...

SHACK
03-01-2015, 07:20 AM
then stick with the muskwa, there's plenty of elk and moose in the lower regions to play with. As your just not gojng to be able to pack enough fuel to get waaay up. that is unless ya want to make some fuel runs as plenty of people do.

Barracuda
03-01-2015, 10:53 AM
really look at you GPH usage and gauge your distance . I know guys that have to pack two or thee times the amount of fuel then a smaller OB Jet or sport jet for the same run cause they have a huge v8 that is thirsty and they take everything but the kitchen sink.

Otchunting
03-01-2015, 11:21 PM
thanks guys... has any one got info for the toad river.. good hunting... Really want to go after some stone sheep if we can get up any of the rivers far enough. fit and willing to put 8-10 miles between us and the river if that's what it takes. or could I stop at the tochodi and base camp there and hike from the muskwa. pm me if you have anything you are not wanting to share to the masses.

bcriverhunter
03-02-2015, 02:26 PM
hi guys..what.about the prophet river?..thx larry

Ramshot
03-03-2015, 09:46 AM
thanks guys... has any one got info for the toad river.. good hunting... Really want to go after some stone sheep if we can get up any of the rivers far enough. fit and willing to put 8-10 miles between us and the river if that's what it takes. or could I stop at the tochodi and base camp there and hike from the muskwa. pm me if you have anything you are not wanting to share to the masses.

That is one hell of a hike from the Muskwa at mouth of Tuchodi! You would want to get up Tuchodi at least 45 minutes.

Otchunting
03-03-2015, 08:46 PM
ok thanks...

Sniperdan
03-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Are any of these rivers discussed above accessable with a prop boat?

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
03-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Plenty of good information here so far, good thread!

I hope your Father and yourself have an excellent time and make some great memories!

Best of luck, Sir.

shootsmcgee
03-03-2015, 11:10 PM
anybody else worried about some damn low water this year from a major lack of snowpack???

DawsonCreedmoor
03-03-2015, 11:26 PM

I believe the Kechika may be

bridger
03-04-2015, 07:41 PM

not really for Muskwa, Tuchodi, Gatho, outboard jet touchy most times

Barracuda
03-04-2015, 08:17 PM
not really for Muskwa, Tuchodi, Gatho, outboard jet touchy most times

How is it touchy for an outboard jet? as long as the boats is designed properly OB jets will go more places then the v8 pigs many guys run

bridger
03-04-2015, 09:04 PM
How is it touchy for an outboard jet? as long as the boats is designed properly OB jets will go more places then the v8 pigs many guys run

There's reason guys with experience run inboards up here and not outboards. Drawing to long odds on the tuchodi with an outboard especially in low water during hunting season.