PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion

Edge
02-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Has anyone had experience with scorpion range finders... I would appreciate honest critiques and please lets just pass on the bashing cause the bashing get's old real fast ..thanks for the input

mike-juliet
02-25-2015, 10:00 PM
I would be interested to give them an evaluation, when it comes to all LRF units they are very comparable between brands. If it says 1000yd on the side expect real world usage to top around 550-600, I don't use built in ballistics, simply the angle finder and true horizontal distance with my own dope charts.

RustyBrit
02-25-2015, 10:04 PM
I don't have their rangefinder but I bought a venom highgrade 4-12 scope last fall and love it. Mounted it on my tikka with a set of talley lows and it shoots great. For the price, compared to my bushnell 3200 I think it's great. The guy on gun nutz who advertises for them in Manitoba is a great guy to deal with.

Edge
03-20-2015, 06:54 AM
My new Scorpion 1000 is enroute. I'm getting it through my cousin in N.S. and going to use it on blacky hunting next month

Edge
03-20-2015, 06:34 PM
My new Scorpion 1000 is enroute. I'm getting it through my cousin in N.S. and going to use it on blacky hunting next month

just got tracking info...now it's sitting on a Purolator truck in N.S. and couldn't be delivered today cause of snow....looks like Monday it get's delivered to my cousin who then sends it to me....it's a waiting game....

Edge
03-25-2015, 10:14 PM
New Scorpion 1000 came today...only had a few minutes to test it out at the office before I left for home and was dark when I got here. I like the feel in my hand. it's rubberized and seems to give yd readout very quickly. I'll know more as I get to use it more Gonna take it blacky hunting first of April..

Pioneerman
03-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Did you buy it from NS because you got a deal from your relative? Scorpion is in MB so might have got it sooner. A buddy had the hi end scope and very happy.

Edge
03-26-2015, 06:17 AM
Did you buy it from NS because you got a deal from your relative? Scorpion is in MB so might have got it sooner. A buddy had the hi end scope and very happy.

Yes, I got it through my cousin. I would assume that MB coulda got it to NS as quick as I would've if I hadda bought it from them. All said, he put it in Canada Post $15 on Monday and I had it here on the Island Wed.
Personally, I find that the websites charge just a bit more than individual dealers and the difference covered the extra shipping so I went that way

Edge
03-27-2015, 06:59 AM
So now I've tried it in low lite in the evening and now at 6:56 am and it's giving me yardage readings. I think this passes the "low lite" test. I also like the rubberized coating and hand grip.