PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Film Tour

4 point
02-24-2015, 03:41 PM
Took in the show last night in Kamloops. I would say only about 100 folks there at the Paramount Cinema. About a 2 hour show with an intermission where they thru out some hats a tee shirts. A $250.00 WS gift card also given away. Basically is was just a combination of many short films done by different American folks. Mainly bow hunts but not really hunts. The Spanish Ibex hunt with subtitles and English voice over was very weak. Leave the big bull elk shoot a doe thing. A couple were ok, especially the cougar footage with dogs. Most were really week for any hunter to see who has any experience. How they can rent a Cinema with so few people at $15.00 a head and make any money I don't know. 10 more screenings in Canada. My hunting partner & I wouldn't go back next year. Just passing on my comments.

280 77
02-24-2015, 04:35 PM
I didn't know anything about it . How did you find out about it.

4 point
02-24-2015, 09:10 PM
Wholesale Sports email advertisement.

swampthing
02-24-2015, 09:40 PM
good to hear. I was thinkin of takin it in but think I will pass based on your comments.

SR80
02-25-2015, 08:03 AM
i was going to go but I saw half of the films online already..maybe next year if it returns.

OutWest
02-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Few of us took it in last night. Thought it was pretty good for the most part. The whitetail one was a little drawn-out and I could have done without the bighorn and Spanish films but other than that most of the films were fairly well done. Some good cat footage.

mike-juliet
02-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Good to know I'm not missing much tonight in Langley... I was planning on going until my CORE class for the week filled up.

Speaking of short films, have any of you guys heard of Montana Wild? They put together some amazing short 10-25 minute hunting and fishing videos.