PDA

View Full Version : Echo Lake

zpruden
02-24-2015, 03:41 PM
Hey all
Seen some postings that state that echo lake has a 10hp restriction, but I cant find anything written in any of the provincial or federal regs. I've noticed this on a few lakes now. Just looking for clarification.

Thanks

Zach

P.S has anybody fished Mabel lake yet I'm thinking about going out on Sunday

tigrr
02-24-2015, 05:53 PM
brogreg (http://www.anglersatlas.com/members/689126) said on September 8th 2014 from angler's atlas

Echo lake has no hp restriction contrary to the german couple that run the resort who think it's there private lake
i have written confirmation from gov. stating that fact
as well as he is supposed to take that off of his signs that he has on the hwy

Dannybuoy
02-24-2015, 06:06 PM
So how would you launch your boat if you don't pay the owners of the resort to use their boat launch ? I haven't been there with a boat for years . I know guys that were ice fishing there 2 days ago so it will be awhile before ice-off .

Sofa King
02-24-2015, 06:35 PM
why would you need anything more than a 10?
it's a pretty small lake, and not suitable to skiing or anything.
I've launched a boat there many times, and with my 20 hp outboard.
nobody said anything, and I never had it above it's lowest speed.

Sofa King
02-24-2015, 06:36 PM
mabel should be good.
hit the water inflows at the north end and cast pink rooster-tails.

zpruden
02-25-2015, 09:46 AM
Thanks sofa king, I will defiantly give that a try. Its not that I need anything bigger then a 10 its just what I have is bigger then a ten. I'm planning on getting a small kicker on the boat but got to save up first. as of now I have a 90hp 4 stroke I just really want to get out and explore some bodies of water. I got the itch some bad, due to the move from Alberta to BC I didn't get out hunting or fishing last year and I'm starting to go stir crazy.

Sofa King
02-25-2015, 10:45 AM
ya, that was my case as well.
boat only had a 20hp.
you should just head to mabel.
echo is tucked in pretty tightly in that valley and doesn't get a lot of sun.
plus, on the big lake, you could open the boat up and run her good.
you know, you can be on shuswap faster than mabel anyway.
it's a smooth drive up through enderby, through salmon arm, and go in to eagle bay.