PDA

View Full Version : Hunting 7-57/42/44 this year

Odd-6
04-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Was wondering if anyone has hunted in 7-57/42/44? Have an opportunity to hunt on the mainland this year...(1st time!). My hunting partner has a friend (ranch) near Pink Mountain. Hopefully we'll take a moose and elk...how about cariboo in 7-42 or 57?? Any info would be handy, thanks!!:)

talver
04-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Ive hunted 7-57 lots of hunters and the area gets hit hars in August but if your hunting on a ranch you should do good

Tinney
04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
If you can get up high in 7-57 you will find some caribou. Watch the boundaries in that area.....confusing as all shit.

SHAKER
04-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I hunt 7-42 every year, lots of pressure in July (Natives) and in Auguast for the any bull moose season. There is allot of game up in those area's you just have to work harder than the other guys do. Moose tend to stay off the roads and Elk don't come to a trail when you call them. Of coarse their is exceptions. We do see Caribou every year but they seem a little few and far between. Stone mnt area would probably be a whole lot more productive for a bou! Watch out for o'l Grizz up their! Them suckers are all over the place. 7-57 has alot better moose area in my opinion and I seen a VERY nice bull come out of their last year, Mid 50's I'd guess!

daycort
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Odd-6. unfortunatly you picked three units with lots of hunting presure. But if moose you are after (I don't hunt them anymore unless they fall into my truck) I know of a sweet spot that should be pretty good this year. A big burn early last year plus lots of snow for run off equalls good clean
moose pasture. Some elk in there to. I took a 52" in there in 05 scored well with good drop point on his left palm.