PDA

View Full Version : Telegraph Creek

ribber
02-23-2015, 06:54 PM
HI, guys, Does anybody have any up to date info on the road/ trail heading northwest out of Telegraph Creek up through Sheslay and on towards Atlin? I know there was a mine up there that is closed and put to bed, but are any bridges still in and are there any airstrips farther out ? Thanks in advance for your help, Ribber :)

Skull Hunter
02-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Can't get too far back on the Golden Bear road, which is the one you're referring too, as the Tahltan keep the gate locked at one of the bridges. That road has a 1 or 2km no hunting band on either side of it though. Couldn't tell you about airstrips.

Cordillera
02-23-2015, 10:28 PM
The road washed out in multiple places about five years ago. I think the furthest you can drive is the first crossing of the Tahltan so the gate is no longer relevant. I don't know about quads. People fly in to muddy lake for sheep. I would guess the airstrip at the golden bear mine is still fine. Check with tsatia air. They fly out of telegraph creek and often have a wheel plane there so they will know which strips are serviceable.

plumbcrazy
02-23-2015, 10:34 PM
White boys aren't very welcome in those parts once identified as 'Hunters'

ribber
02-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Well, thanks guys, I am thinking we are going to check out some different spots to go to, Thanks for all info.ribber