PDA

View Full Version : permit to accompany

wayne nicol
02-23-2015, 11:19 AM
what are the latest regs with regards to this. i thought that a bc resident could take two(2) non bc , but still canadian citizens hunting in a year. the regs seem a little ambiguous?
who knows what the latest is.
i have two mates i want to take hunting this year from ontario
cheers
wayne

Everett
02-23-2015, 11:35 AM
I believe its one accompanied hunt per year so 1 buddy this year and 1 next year.

butcher
02-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Two guys. Once a year

Wild one
02-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Two guys. Once a year

correct and if I remember right about 3 month wait on approval and if they are successful there is a trophy fee

butcher
02-23-2015, 12:17 PM
I waited six months last year. Hunt report and royalties to be submitted after the hunt

Tonto
02-23-2015, 12:24 PM
i submitted my application 5 Months in advance this past year and received the email confirmation back a week before the listed hunt dates.
Luckily plans had changed and it was no longer required but still what a sh#tty system...
i would recommend follow up phone calls once paperwork is submitted.

butcher
02-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Absolutely correct. All government permits are a pain in the ass lately. Provincial ones anyway.

Eastbranch
02-23-2015, 11:38 PM
Filled out mine, dad submitted it and permit was in his hand in 3 weeks. Bought my lic and tag, killed a deer, paid $50 royalty, ate deer! Pretty simple process but make sure you read the fine print. I wasn't aware any RH could get a permit, thought it was limited to family only.

decker9
02-24-2015, 04:17 AM
Last fall I applied and had all the paperwork within 2 weeks. Best to talk kindly to the person behind the desk at the government agent, they can get things sped up a lot.

Wild Images
02-24-2015, 04:34 AM
Apply as early as possible, they do limit the number of tags that they let out for some zones

ajr5406
02-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Does the same apply if you take a BC resident hunting, even if they are just there to hike and help?

Everett
02-24-2015, 09:25 AM
Does the same apply if you take a BC resident hunting, even if they are just there to hike and help?

This is for bringing a non resident too actually hunt no need for a permit to bring a non hunter with you.

Piperdown
02-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Ok need some help here just posted in another thread (PTA) so how do i or can i get a permit for my buddy from Hawaii to come to BC and hunt either moose, or mule deer with me?? Is this possible, thanks in advance for any info or links.

d6dan
02-24-2015, 09:37 AM
Ok need some help here just posted in another thread (PTA) so how do i or can i get a permit for my buddy from Hawaii to come to BC and hunt either moose, or mule deer with me?? Is this possible, thanks in advance for any info or links.

http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/guides/fish-wildlife/accompany-to-hunt/what-you-need-to-apply/

Piperdown
02-24-2015, 09:43 AM
I guess he is sol :(

d6dan
02-24-2015, 10:13 AM

Pretty much. :icon_frow

bridger
02-24-2015, 10:16 AM

short answer is you don't. Non res alien needs to be family. Doesn't include cousins.

Whonnock Boy
02-24-2015, 10:45 AM
And that is the problem with the system we have in place. If close friends, or family do to meet the criteria, and they cannot afford to hire an outfitter, they will never be able to hunt in BC. Just another reason why nonresident leh, without compulsory use of an GO is the way to go.

tuner
02-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Your buddy is outta luck, he's at the mercy of the rules that give GO's exclusive rights to non resident foreign hunters.Without close family ties,it's a no go.

Piperdown
02-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Can he come and film my hunt, no hunting for him but come film and see what it is all about?? Whonnock you are right I am paying for his air fare and he is staying with us as there is no way he could even afford the air fare.

Seeker
02-24-2015, 11:10 AM
He can definitely come to BC and help you film,to hike, and to enjoy the experience. Hopefully he can help carry an animal out:tongue:

tuner
02-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Can he come and film my hunt, no hunting for him but come film and see what it is all about?? Whonnock you are right I am paying for his air fare and he is staying with us as there is no way he could even afford the air fare.
You might want to look at a small game license, I don't think the same rules apply, I could be wrong though.