PDA

View Full Version : Permission to hunt private land

Red_Mist
02-20-2015, 11:28 PM
Just wondering whether there are any clubs or associations in bc that assist hunters in getting permission to hunt private land ?

Sofa King
02-20-2015, 11:35 PM
how's a club or association going to help?
any private land owner, if they were even willing to allow someone to hunt on their property, would want to personally know who is on their land.
they wouldn't want some organization bothering them to allow random people access.
best chance is to approach the land owner yourself.
and take a case of beer, bottle of scotch, dozen roses, or whatever may help your chances.
I know if I owned some land, I sure wouldn't want someone asking me for permission for someone else.
I'd expect the one who wants the access to be approaching me.

tuner
02-21-2015, 12:01 AM
Just wondering whether there are any clubs or associations in bc that assist hunters in getting permission to hunt private land ?
The BCWF has a program.

Fella
02-21-2015, 12:01 AM
There's a few waterfowl clubs in the fraser valley that more or less buy the right for their members to hunt private land

Drillbit
02-21-2015, 01:41 AM
how's a club or association going to help?
any private land owner, if they were even willing to allow someone to hunt on their property, would want to personally know who is on their land.
they wouldn't want some organization bothering them to allow random people access.
best chance is to approach the land owner yourself.
and take a case of beer, bottle of scotch, dozen roses, or whatever may help your chances.
I know if I owned some land, I sure wouldn't want someone asking me for permission for someone else.
I'd expect the one who wants the access to be approaching me.

This is %100 for the land I hunt on, and own.

With all due respect;
I you don't have the nuts to personally ask permission, you don't deserve to get it.

Wild one
02-21-2015, 08:21 AM
There's a few waterfowl clubs in the fraser valley that more or less buy the right for their members to hunt private land

Yep and it makes it a pain at times for those against pay to play hunting

LupieHunter
02-21-2015, 10:33 AM
The bcwf has a program called the Outdoor Passport.
http://www.bcwf.net/index.php/programs/outdoor-passport

Red_Mist
02-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the info

hoochie
02-21-2015, 11:49 AM
I live in abbotsford, and if you take a short drive to the farm lands, you will see "no trespassing/ No hunting" signs all over the place. The club in Langley ( a city/ municipality west of us) has worked a deal with land owners. Only members of their club get to shoot on the land.
In my work, I often go to farm land; and have asked a few people about hunting on their land. Some people have given me a green light, others seem to be apposed to it. Some people I have asked about coyote hunting, others I have asked about ducks/geese.
And in some cases, I find it hard to tell who the land owner may be.

Saskhunter
02-21-2015, 12:56 PM
When I used to hunt south Sask for antelope and big Mulies I made up business cards. A lot of the land wasn't posted but had fences and gates everywhere. Put your personal info on it, and use it as a sales pitch to the landowner. If they know all your info is on there, they know ur not gone F.. Around..