PDA

View Full Version : Bill Bennett owned a Guide Business

tripleseven
02-20-2015, 11:42 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-mines-minister-faces-scrutiny-over-ties-to-guide-outfitting-operation/article23067086/

If you had wondered why 'inserted himself in the issue' of allocation, have a read of this article. These liberals need to held to task.

I hope you are all planning to make the March 2nd protest. This is our biggest shot at getting some allocaion back to BC hunters!

The Dawg
02-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Yup- been covered before, and that leaked email....crazy!

Keep sharing!

Stretch
02-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Dawg, do you know has the Conflict of Interest Commissioner got involved in this yet?

Stretch

tripleseven
02-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Here is the contact information for the Conflict of Interest Commissioner. Your letters need to be mailed or faxed...I'm doing one now.

http://www.coibc.ca/public.htm

bcriverhunter
02-20-2015, 12:49 PM
interesting!...yes, he will not make a profit but he wants to recoup some of his investment to a sum of $30,000!!...he has a vested interest in GOABC so he can recoup his.money!!...stinks to high hell in this res hunters mind!!...larry

02-20-2015, 12:55 PM
The COIC will not like this one bit. I think Bill Bennett will get his pee pee spanked over this one

one-shot-wonder
02-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Here is the contact information for the Conflict of Interest Commissioner. Your letters need to be mailed or faxed...I'm doing one now.

http://www.coibc.ca/public.htm

Great idea 777.....the more pressure applied from all angles, the better!

tripleseven
02-20-2015, 01:14 PM
The COIC will not like this one bit. I think Bill Bennett will get his pee pee spanked over this one

Agree totally. Mark Hume has done a bang up job. I think there may be tax write off implications if nothing else. I've sent my letter to the COIC.

Was Bill Bennett involved in the legislation that allowed foreign corporations to buy G/O businesses? Anyone know who bought Bill's guide business? Perhaps a foreign corporation? I've already sent my letter, but it might be worth mentioning to the COIC.

The Dawg
02-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Agree totally. Mark Hume has done a bang up job. I think there may be tax write off implications if nothing else. I've sent my letter to the COIC.

Was Bill Bennett involved in the legislation that allowed foreign corporations to buy G/O businesses? Anyone know who bought Bill's guide business? Perhaps a foreign corporation? I've already sent my letter, but it might be worth mentioning to the COIC.

He sold out to a local who had shares in the company- and that company no longer exists.

Sofa King
02-20-2015, 01:28 PM
anyone have a friend in the NSA?
with how they've tapped all cell-phones, sure there's some available dirt on all the liberals.

tripleseven
02-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Mark Hume says that Bennett was quoted in an interview as saying one of the guys he sold it to was from Manitoba. so basically, he bacme intimately involved (his words) in a piece of legislation,adn within a year it allowed him to sell his business, and collect some of the money he otherwise wouldn't have gotten.