PDA

View Full Version : Liver Liver Liver

hunter1947
02-20-2015, 09:11 AM
I wish not able to say no to the liver and harts that my hunter friends did not want I just keep saying I will take them if you don't want I have about 80 cuts for two meals in each vacuum packed liver in my deep freezer..:roll:.. anyone in the Cranbrook area like a few package I will give them to you for free I just took this WT deer liver out of my freezer last night still partly frozen I put it back into the freezer to freezer solid then I will vacuum pack it latter today.. ..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/00370.JPG

Brno22F
02-20-2015, 04:00 PM
They make great dog treats. You can slice them thin and put slices in a food dehydrator overnight. Keep them in a baggie in the freezer. Whenever I get an animal with a liver that looks a bit off, my 2 labs are most thankful.

The Dawg
02-20-2015, 04:03 PM
No unions or beacon?

hunter1947
02-20-2015, 04:18 PM
No unions or beacon?

Ya you can't have liver without beacon and unions to make a good meal..

jtred
02-20-2015, 04:21 PM
If you're so inclined you could make yourself some great pate/leberwurst.

SPEYMAN
02-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Liver just cooked, mashed garlic potatoes, fried onions and creamed corn. HP sauce and fresh ground pepper. Beer of choice.

waserwolf
02-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Hi 1947.

First I would like to say thanks for the many videos you post of your Hunting Adventures. They are inspiring for sure. My buddy and I often quote you in hunting camp, "thats what its all about".

Look up recipes for Terrine. I made one last year for my Deer Camp and it was delicious!!. My Father In Law who is not a huge liver fan enjoyed it as well.

I made it using Deer Heart, Liver and Burger. Along with Port, herbs, and egg. Wrap the whole thing in bacon amd follow the recipe. The Liver and Heart are very mild when cooked this way.

Hope you enjoy.

btridge
02-23-2015, 09:44 AM
Liver just cooked, mashed garlic potatoes, fried onions and creamed corn. HP sauce and fresh ground pepper. Beer of choice.
sounds very good, except the creamed corn, niblets all the way.