PDA

View Full Version : Dease river hunt -part 2

bcriverhunter
02-19-2015, 04:11 PM
hi guys....can anyone tell me all the places u can launch a jet boat
in the dease river?
...i guess the rv site at dease crossing is
closed so there goes my fave spot!!
...i also know of the one past boya lake just off the highway.
...any others?.
.mcdame area maybe?
...thx for any quidance!...larry

Elkchaser
02-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Rustic but effective launch across highway from crossing campground. Not much space for parking though - probably can hold about 5 trucks with trailers before having to park right on highway. Worked fine for me last fall.

bcriverhunter
02-19-2015, 04:31 PM
yes..i know that spot!....u going again this yeat elkchaser?

Elkchaser
02-19-2015, 04:39 PM
Nope - moving to kootenays from terrace next week. Tired of "tripping" for elk and deer and have 3 youngsters that will get a better upbringing if we can hunt together more than one trip per fall. Probably will hit dease again down the road, but taking my boys up the muskwa will happen first - both are marathon drives from EK.

bcriverhunter
02-19-2015, 04:53 PM
hx elkman...best of luck to ya!!...thx for ur input!! larry

bcriverhunter
02-19-2015, 05:44 PM
also heard u can launch off of pinetree lake....the first lake down stream of the crossing?
.....any truth to that?...looks like a field of sorts off the highway!....maybe a possiblity years ago?

Cordillera
02-19-2015, 09:46 PM
There is a really nice house/cabin on the north end of the lake. May be able to launch there if you know the owner.

You can launch at French creek rec site. Or buy a canoe and launch pretty near anywhere��

bcriverhunter
02-20-2015, 09:40 AM
thx cord...yes i know.about.french creek
and the main issues we.would have is "getting a spot"- it is a small.site(we scoped it out one year) and the launch?.
it is a gravel./sand bank that gets washed out everyspring--but it is doable if we take off the.camper and winch out!...would.bring extra.cable to reach the trees....yes to the idea of that house..will stop in and say "hi"...thx again