PDA

View Full Version : A little insecticide with your moose

rides bike to work
02-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Heard a story on the CBC today about shooting moose with insecticide to help with winter ticks
how do you like that on you moose.

The story could look like this

TICK CULL IN BC

Rare endangered moose in northern Bc are dying off because of ticks now the biologist have called for a cull shooting the ticks off moose from a helicopter with insecticidal paint balls.

comments:

granola head says : killing one animal to save another is wrong and doesn't make sense.

loves ticks says:ticks killing moose is part of natured cycle we shouldn't interfere.

DarekG
02-19-2015, 02:59 PM
I could agree with it in certain applications, but it could be a slippery slope for sure.

Where would it end? If it was proven effective whats to stop them from doing it on other game animals? Why stop at insecticide, etc.

kendoo
02-19-2015, 05:08 PM
Ranchers spray a 1" x 10" strip of a chemical on the hide to prevent warbles & heel flies. Works wonders just can't use the meat for human consumption for a month or so.

digger dogger
02-19-2015, 08:31 PM
Im sure some insecticide, is healthier to eat rather than antibiotic, insecticide, steroid, filled beef.
If you bake an ephedrine fed chicken properly, you could sell it to a junkie! And triple your money.
:-) haha
I hope this helps the moose.

Ride Red
02-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Paintballs from a helicopter? I've gone paintballing years ago and good luck hitting anything, especially with the down wash from the blades.

digger dogger
02-20-2015, 08:03 AM
Ya, the people doing the shooting are gonna, go to the paintball store, buy a bag of paintballs, put a syringe in a bunch of them and suck out the paint and insert bug dope.
And while they are there, i think they'll grab a few paintball guns. Ones like you used years ago.
I doubt they have access to bigger faster paintball guns, and thicker walled paintballs.

Do u think the moose will actually capture the flag?
Hahahaha

Ride Red
02-21-2015, 06:50 AM
Ya, the people doing the shooting are gonna, go to the paintball store, buy a bag of paintballs, put a syringe in a bunch of them and suck out the paint and insert bug dope.
And while they are there, i think they'll grab a few paintball guns. Ones like you used years ago.
I doubt they have access to bigger faster paintball guns, and thicker walled paintballs.

Hahahaha

Mr Wisdom,

How about enlighten the rest of us on how this will take place then, I'd really like to know. Ride Red.

Ranger95
02-21-2015, 07:05 AM

Hahahaha

Now that's really funny Dave,

sometimes the box is so small and your nose is pressed so tightly against the walls, it's almost impossible the think outside of it!

I bet those rare and endangered Northern Moose have a trunk full of flags!

digger dogger
02-21-2015, 09:09 AM
:-) thanx Josh, some people are always right.

Ride red, heres the way its gonna go down, a bunch of us are gonna get a big bag of weed, a few flats of beer, a 60 of whiskey.
We'll smoke and drink until we hit the sweet spot(pissed)
Then we'll hop in a heli, strapped to said bird, fly around till moose is spotted.
(The spotter dont drink) the pilot can if he wants to.
Once a flock (we wait till they pair up like ducks/geese)of moose is spotted, we'll herd them into a body of water and shoot them while they are swimming.
You only need to hit one or two. (Rotor wash coats the rest of the flock)
Then Finish off the booze and weed, drop us off at our vehicles (drive to town), whoop it up in town for the evenings with the local talent, back atter the next AM, hit repeat till all the moose are vacccinated.
See, super simple. I should charge money for all my wisdom spilt on this thread.
Go for a ride red, look around, it aint just you out there.
Have a nice day.
You did ask:-)

Ride Red
02-21-2015, 09:46 AM
:-) thanx Josh, some people are always right.

Ride red, heres the way its gonna go down, a bunch of us are gonna get a big bag of weed, a few flats of beer, a 60 of whiskey.
We'll smoke and drink until we hit the sweet spot(pissed)
Then we'll hop in a heli, strapped to said bird, fly around till moose is spotted.
(The spotter dont drink) the pilot can if he wants to.
Once a flock (we wait till they pair up like ducks/geese)of moose is spotted, we'll herd them into a body of water and shoot them while they are swimming.
You only need to hit one or two. (Rotor wash coats the rest of the flock)
Then Finish off the booze and weed, drop us off at our vehicles (drive to town), whoop it up in town for the evenings with the local talent, back atter the next AM, hit repeat till all the moose are vacccinated.
See, super simple. I should charge money for all my wisdom spilt on this thread.
Go for a ride red, look around, it aint just you out there.
Have a nice day.
You did ask:-)

Wow Digger, your a little sensitive, let me know when your week is up and you can reply properly.

Boner
02-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Google it then. I wouldn't expect a straight answer off of a hunting website. Everyone knows we're big bs'ers. There's no mention of helicopters in the news articles, he's just having fun and spitballing. I thought it was funny.

Boner
02-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Could you imagine? Hopefully it's the "no tears" formula. It's sure to get into some moose eyes with that Mars dumping a load.