PDA

View Full Version : E Mail today from WS. Poor timing on they're part

TARCHER
02-18-2015, 07:47 AM
The link says it all. Nechako outdoors/ Omenica sports for me. http://www.wholesalesports.com/store/wsoo/en/outfitter-program??src=et_6258905&et_email=20150218_HFT_Outfitters_promo&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ExactTarget

notyalc
02-18-2015, 07:58 AM
I can't wait until basspro shows up here next spring..

flyboy
02-18-2015, 08:01 AM
They are seeing the dollars flow out of the province from non resident hunters and out of province outfitters as well. Trying to throw a deal to get them to spend some money here.

BigfishCanada
02-18-2015, 08:02 AM
What does it say? They sell to outfitters?

Cali
02-18-2015, 08:19 AM
The link says it all. Nechako outdoors/ Omenica sports for me. http://www.wholesalesports.com/store/wsoo/en/outfitter-program??src=et_6258905&et_email=20150218_HFT_Outfitters_promo&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ExactTarget

I would rather drive 4 hours to Dawson Creek than support Nechako Outdoors.

Ranger95
02-18-2015, 08:46 AM

I'ts business, if WSS dosent sell them the stuff who will? Wait I'll tell you - the next gun store down the road!

do you honestly think that if a guide walks into any other store in BC and wants to drop 1-2-5-10k on equipment the store owner will turn him away? If you bellieve that you are very naive!

WSS, has a great guide program, good for them, when I instructed Scubba - I participated in a program no diferent to this - when I instructed paragliding - guess what?

So to try and slate WSS for this is really very immature to say the least!

Ranger95
02-18-2015, 08:48 AM

And you think Basspro dosent sell to outfitters and professional fisherman? - You're kidding right?

Basspro and Cabellas are probably the biggest guide outfitters in North America - wake up people, it's business - stop taking it personally...

Are you going to boycott the gas station where they buy their gas next, what about the food store, or the meat shop, and so it goes on and on - give your head a shake for Gods sakes!

Paulyman
02-18-2015, 08:54 AM
People here aren't getting the message of the o.p. nosale sports has a discount loyalty card to them while the resident hunter that really supports them is left paying regular price and that's wrong.

Ranger95
02-18-2015, 08:58 AM
People here aren't getting the message of the o.p. nosale sports has a discount loyalty card to them while the resident hunter that really supports them is left paying regular price and that's wrong.

BS - go to WSS langley tell them who you are and ask for a discount or a price match and you will get it 9x out of 10!

if you are a guide - it's what you do for a living - tools of your trade - ask any journeyman if he gets discount on his tools and I'm willing to bet you he does, or he will go somewhere where he can get it! obviously you are neither a journeyman or a professional person, otherwise you would also enjoy certain little advantages that others don't see when equipping yourself for your profession!

eish - you people make me laugh!

BRvalley
02-18-2015, 09:00 AM
I would rather drive 4 hours to Dawson Creek than support Nechako Outdoors.

why is that?

Ranger95
02-18-2015, 09:04 AM
why is that?

Because he never gave his head a shake!.... :lol: :lol:

Apolonius
02-18-2015, 09:04 AM
Yes it is true Cabelas and Basspro give good deals to GO.But they are American companies.Wholesale sports is Canadian and most of all needs and gets the support of the resident hunter.Now by supporting the GO as a business it is their decision.A good decision??I don't know.But the way they describe GOs and their relationship is kind of offensive.To me at least.

Paulyman
02-18-2015, 09:08 AM
QUOTE=Ranger95;1606422]BS - go to WSS langley tell them who you are and ask for a discount or a price match and you will get it 9x out of 10!

if you are a guide - it's what you do for a living - tools of your trade - ask any journeyman if he gets discount on his tools and I'm willing to bet you he does, or he will go somewhere where he can get it! obviously you are neither a journeyman or a professional person, otherwise you would also enjoy certain little advantages that others don't see when equipping your self for your profession!

eish - you people make me laugh![/QUOTE]

Your argument lacks merit. A supplier where people go to buy their tools and supplies is designed to carry directly to the commercial sector,wholesale sports is set up as a retail store, huge difference.if you advertise your store as one that sells to the general public and then sell to another group and give them a special discount you should expect the people that support your business by buying hunting related equipment to be pissed

TARCHER
02-18-2015, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=Ranger95;1606418]I'ts business, if WSS dosent sell them the stuff who will? Wait I'll tell you - the next gun store down the road!

do you honestly think that if a guide walks into any other store in BC and wants to drop 1-2-5-10k on equipment the store owner will turn him away? If you bellieve that you are very naive!

WSS, has a great guide program, good for them, when I instructed Scubba - I participated in a program no diferent to this - when I instructed paragliding - guess what?

So to try and slate WSS for this is really very immature to say the least![/QUOTE I simply suggested it was poor timing. I receive regular e mails from WS and don't recall seeing this message.

Airedale
02-18-2015, 09:11 AM
I got the same email this morning.
They need to offer the same discount to members of the BCWF....and now!

Ranger95
02-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Your argument lacks merit. A supplier where people go to buy their tools and supplies is designed to carry directly to the commercial sector,wholesale sports is set up as a retail store, huge difference.if you advertise your store as one that sells to the general public and then sell to another group and give them a special discount you should expect the people that support your business by buying hunting related equipment to be pissed

Oh rubbish!!

Go down to Lord CO and buy a set of disc pads - joe public gets one price, the Mechanic down the road gets another!

WSS is no diferent, they give discount to the GO - because he is in the business

Now whats so hard to understand about that?

TARCHER
02-18-2015, 09:14 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking

Whonnock Boy
02-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Now that is a great idea, and it would show support for those who are involved with wildlife management. This reminds me, I need to call wholesale and see if they will post up some rally posters.

M.Dean
02-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Jeez, far as I can remember, it's not illegal for WSS to sell to Outfitter's, or Guides, or Blacks, or Whites, Chinese, Japanese, Germany's, Jews, Russians or Polacks? Or is it now???

coach
02-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Now that is a great idea, and it would show support for those who are involved with wildlife management. This reminds me, I need to call wholesale and see if they will post up some rally posters.

Perhaps you could send a copy to someone who works there and they could put it up for you?

huntwriter
02-18-2015, 09:20 AM

Bass-Pro Shops sells products to outfitters too and so does Cabela's and every other hunting and fishing store. It's called earning a living. ;-)

Ranger95
02-18-2015, 09:22 AM
Perhaps you could send a copy to someone who works there and they could put it up for you?

Nice! Get some staff member fired - Grrrreat advice coach!

WB has the managers details - it's the respectful (read correct) way to go about getting the poster into the store!

Ranger95
02-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Bass-Pro Shops sells products to outfitters too and so does Cabela's and every other hunting and fishing store. It's called earning a living. ;-)

exactly! Thanks for pointing out the obvious

Fisher-Dude
02-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Nice! Get some staff member fired - great advice coach!

I expect you'll get fired all on your own.

But what do I know?

Wild one
02-18-2015, 09:29 AM
WS stores go well beyond BC and BC is only a fraction of their market.

It is not like this program was made to support BC GO's in allocation process but instead is there way to get business from outfitters Canada wide.

I see no reason to be offended by this as I doubt this has anything to do with what we are dealing with in BC. It is common for both fishing guides and hunting outfitters to get discounts at many different stores that supply hunting/fishing supplies. It is common for a business to give discounts to other business that purchase equipment from them consistently.

Personally I get discounts at a number of places do to the amount of purchases I make and the fact dealings with me can bring them more customers.

Relax take a deep breath and realize not everybody's dealings with GO's are to screw resident hunters

bassplayer
02-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Why do guides and outfitters need a discount card anyways? It's not like they can't afford the items at regular cost lol. Oh wait. The guiding industry is suffering right now. I forgot.

Wild one
02-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Why do guides and outfitters need a discount card anyways? It's not like they can't afford the items at regular cost lol. Oh wait. The guiding industry is suffering right now. I forgot.

I get discounts at a number of places and I am not a GO is this wrong as well?

I bet there are a number of members who get discounts from different business for different reasons is this wrong?

Or is it only wrong to give discounts to GO's?

Really guys use common sense

snakeplain
02-18-2015, 09:48 AM
WS stores should offer discounts to all who wish to deal, if the majority are go's, good for them, they don't have to worry then if the rest of us go down the road, each time i go into ws stores in alberta or bc, i leave pissed off, treatment is terrible, prices high, i now pay less and go to the little stores and deal, good luck to their terrible management, he gone!

coach
02-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Nice! Get some staff member fired - Grrrreat advice coach!

WB has the managers details - it's the respectful (read correct) way to go about getting the poster into the store!

Wow, I can't imagine working for a company that would fire me for asking the manager if I could put a poster up. That's sad, really..

On the original topic, it's really up to WSS to decide who to give discounts to. You're right - it happens in many businesses so it's really not s big deal. Unfortunately the email went to resident hunters who are frustrated with the government and GOABC right now.

WSS in west Kelowna allowed us to put information in the store concerning the Kelowna Rally. Their policy did not allow us to have a petition inside - but they told us we could put a booth outside the store and ask people to sign.

Ultimately, retail stores aren't our enemy. We continually ask them to support out various causes (youth days, banquets, fundraisers) and they almost always accommodate. People need to focus on the big picture here and not get sidetracked.

Island Redneck
02-18-2015, 09:56 AM
But what do I know?

Finally, after 4 years, you make a comment I can agree with.

bassplayer
02-18-2015, 10:02 AM
I get discounts at a number of places and I am not a GO is this wrong as well?

I bet there are a number of members who get discounts from different business for different reasons is this wrong?

Or is it only wrong to give discounts to GO's?

Really guys use common sense
I think WSS should have Resident Hunter Discount Cards too. Sure i've had discounts before and i welcome any discount i'm offered. Then again. If i made the kind of money guides do, i would just pay full price instead of presenting my discount card just to get 15% knocked off the price of a sleeping bag at WSS lol.

Wild one
02-18-2015, 10:18 AM
I think WSS should have Resident Hunter Discount Cards too. Sure i've had discounts before and i welcome any discount i'm offered. Then again. If i made the kind of money guides do, i would just pay full price instead of presenting my discount card to get 15% of the price of a sleeping bag at WSS lol.

From someone who actually looked into owning a GO territory in the past I can honestly say that most of the southern outfits are not racking in the cash. There are a lot of territories that would allow the owner to only supplement their income or make an average living. This is fine in my opinion because like any industry it is the person choice to invest into it.

I am not defending them 1 bit on the allocation issue and I am against the splits brought forward but from someone who took the time to look into the industry it is not as profitable as you seem to believe.

No doubt there are territories that generate a good income but there is a reason I did not follow through with getting into becoming a GO.

Lets be honest here not every business owner is rich or even well off same goes for GO's

Paulyman
02-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Oh rubbish!!

Go down to Lord CO and buy a set of disc pads - joe public gets one price, the Mechanic down the road gets another!

WSS is no diferent, they give discount to the GO - because he is in the business

Now whats so hard to understand about that?
Correction- lacks some merit.

bassplayer
02-18-2015, 10:42 AM
I am not defending them 1 bit on the allocation issue and I am against the splits brought forward but from someone who took the time to look into the industry it is not as profitable as you seem to believe.
Still profitable enough that they can donate thousands to the Liberals. Still profitable enough that they can put 120 million back into the B.C. economy according to them. Yeah there's some small family operated guiding businesses that aren't associated with the G.O.A.B.C. and i have no issues with them at all trying to earn a living. And if the career you choose isn't that profitable then it's time for a career change. I say the same thing to those people that cry the blues when they claim that they rely on their tips to pay their bills and survive. Get a different job then if you are hurting for money with your current job.. I do agree with some of your points but i don't believe for a second that these guiding outfits are suffering so much that they need more wildlife allocations to survive.

Kudu
02-18-2015, 10:51 AM
I expect you'll get fired all on your own.

But what do I know?

Exactly - what do you know?

Do you know Ranger 95 / do you know where he works or what he does at his place of business?

guess not - now try removing foot from mouth!

Kudu
02-18-2015, 11:02 AM
WS stores go well beyond BC and BC is only a fraction of their market.

It is not like this program was made to support BC GO's in allocation process but instead is there way to get business from outfitters Canada wide.

I see no reason to be offended by this as I doubt this has anything to do with what we are dealing with in BC. It is common for both fishing guides and hunting outfitters to get discounts at many different stores that supply hunting/fishing supplies. It is common for a business to give discounts to other business that purchase equipment from them consistently.

Personally I get discounts at a number of places do to the amount of purchases I make and the fact dealings with me can bring them more customers.

Relax take a deep breath and realize not everybody's dealings with GO's are to screw resident hunters

From what I understand, this email / press release (call it what you may), was generated in Calgary (WSS HO) - this GO deal is nothing new - its been in place for the last 10 years, and its just a standard deal offered to the professional people in that particular industry, (not GOABC specifically) - no need to get knickers all knotted!

WSS has specific policy, strictly administered by its managers - on what they may or may not do in their stores. WSS will not (under any circumstances) favor one group over another, and they will certainly not take any political stances - they are a National business and conduct themselves accordingly.

If the folks HBC want to get all bitter and twisted about this policy, then take it up with WSS HO in Calgary, write some letters and tell them why you are upset.

Wild one
02-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Still profitable enough that they can donate thousands to the Liberals. Still profitable enough that they can put 120 million back into the B.C. economy according to them. Yeah there's some small family operated guiding businesses that aren't associated with the G.O.A.B.C. and i have no issues with them at all trying to earn a living. And if the career you choose isn't that profitable then it's time for a career change. I say the same thing to those people that cry the blues when they claim that they rely on their tips to pay their bills and survive. Get a different job then if you are hurting for money with your current job.. I do agree with some of your points but i don't believe for a second that these guiding outfits are suffering so much that they need more wildlife allocations to survive.

Not once did I say I support or believe they need more tags or that I have any pity on the GO's complaining they are not making enough.

I think you are seeing something in my post that is not there.

bassplayer
02-18-2015, 11:43 AM
I wasn't quoting you on that part about supporting or needing more tags. That's why i only quoted part of your post about not being as profitable. The rest of my post was my own opinions. Sorry for the mix up. That was my own statement.

Gateholio
02-18-2015, 12:14 PM
I'ts business, if WSS dosent sell them the stuff who will? Wait I'll tell you - the next gun store down the road!

So to try and slate WSS for this is really very immature to say the least!

Don't you work for WSS?

bc_buckshot
02-18-2015, 12:21 PM
I think WSS should have Resident Hunter Discount Cards too. Sure i've had discounts before and i welcome any discount i'm offered. Then again. If i made the kind of money guides do, i would just pay full price instead of presenting my discount card just to get 15% knocked off the price of a sleeping bag at WSS lol.

I have to agree with bassplayer, I know for a fact one guide as a friend personally that doesn't have money issue and there is no reason why they can't pay full price at big name stores. Im sorry but when a sheep hunt is 50 grand usd that I probley could never afford and we as residant hunters are saving money from by weekly paychecks to do week long trips why can't we have some sort of help if we carry a BC hunters number?. Im not asking for a freebie but where is the fairness on both counts?

Yes there is a on going issue with GOABC and resdidant hunters. Bottom line guides have a job to do so does the residant hunters. The reason question is why are these big name stores assisting only guides when majority of the busniess is coming from local resdiant hunters.

And for you who think Im favoring GOABC with this, instead of being quick on the keyboard stop for a second and think about it.

notyalc
02-18-2015, 12:29 PM
And you think Basspro dosent sell to outfitters and professional fisherman? - You're kidding right?

Basspro and Cabellas are probably the biggest guide outfitters in North America - wake up people, it's business - stop taking it personally...

Are you going to boycott the gas station where they buy their gas next, what about the food store, or the meat shop, and so it goes on and on - give your head a shake for Gods sakes!

i simply said "can't wait for basspro to show up next spring" In fact, I don't even shop at that hole they call WSS to begin with. No need to get your tampon strings in a knot.

Gateholio
02-18-2015, 12:39 PM
WSS can give discounts to whomever they wish, it's their business, and they take the good and the bad from it. They may sell some extra gear to guides (who aren't usually dropping huge $$$ anyway) but they run the risk of alienating other groups. When I see discount programs like this, I can't help but feel that WSS is less interested in my business than guides business.

Of course, I can give my business to whomever I please. I buy far more than the average on firearms and ammunition and related products. I buy from a variety of vendors. If I have the choice of buying from a business that actively supports me, I'll certainly go with that option.

Nechako Outdoors recently ran auctions to raise funds for BCWF. I also understand they will be starting other fundraising programs for the BCWF. WSS is going out of its way to offer a better deal to guides than it will to me. Why would I shop somewhere that thinks I'm less important than an outfitter?

If WSS price or service or selection was fantastic that might be a reason. But it's not. Not a tough choice for me.

notyalc
02-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Read his bio , he works there, and more than likely shares the same DNA as kudu. Belligerent and pompous !

Haha ya now this makes sense! I go out of my way not to shop there. When I used to shop there, I would be standing behind the gun counter for 15+ mins just so I could get a box of ammo while all the employees would stand and chat with their buddies. I also ordered a rifle from them in September, he said it would arrive in two weeks.....I'm still waiting for the call to come pick it up Lol, good thing I never put a deposit down on it. I guess I just want basspro to show up so WSS will go into the ground.

Fisher-Dude
02-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Retailer I spoke with recently said residents outnumber guides' clients 500 to 1 in his store.

I think the economic impact of foreign hunters has been grossly inflated by their lobby group.

bruin
02-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Almost all outdoor equipment stores and brands give discounts to outfitters and guides.

skibum
02-18-2015, 01:21 PM
WSS is going out of its way to offer a better deal to guides than it will to me.

By offering a loyalty card program with a discount?

Shop where you wish, but lets not go overboard here.

Gateholio
02-18-2015, 01:40 PM
By offering a loyalty card program with a discount?

Shop where you wish, but lets not go overboard here.

Yes, a loyalty program that I cannot enroll in.

Anyone can get most loyalty cards, and your benefits derived from them are dependant on you being loyal. WSS is saying that they don't care if I've spent thousands there over decades, I can't get the same discount that a guide that has never shopped there can.

Sofa King
02-18-2015, 01:51 PM
if you're pissed at goabc, then take it out on them.
not where they buy their gas, food, or guns.
whining about this makes people sound like a bunch of sissies.
hoping wss goes under hurts every resident hunter who shops there.
direct the anger where it should be, the government and boabc, and the government mainly.
goabc doesn't get the allocation increase unless the gov decides so.

Citori54
02-18-2015, 02:17 PM
direct the anger where it should be, the government and boabc, and the government mainly.

I don't always agree with you Sofa King but your comments are bang on. Let's stop whining about inconsequential stuff and focus on what is important.....getting the government to reverse its decision on allocation.

Ride Red
02-18-2015, 02:41 PM

I don't always agree with you Sofa King but your comments are bang on. Let's stop whining about inconsequential stuff and focus on what is important.....getting the government to reverse its decision on allocation.

I agree with you both. Businesses do what they feel is right to keep they're doors open. If you want to get a loyalty program going with WSS, approach head office with your idea, you may come out a winner.

Gateholio
02-18-2015, 02:53 PM
I agree that there are bigger fish to fry than WSS.

WSS or any retailer is not our enemy. I'm not going to protest against them, email them or get angry on their FB page. I don't want them out of business.

That doesn't mean I am not taking note of what businesses and individuals are actively supporting the resident hunter.

Kudu
02-18-2015, 03:26 PM
Read his bio , he works there, and more than likely shares the same DNA as kudu. Belligerent and pompous !

Wow - that's big of you! since you clearly associate with both of us (not)

Kudu
02-18-2015, 03:31 PM

Anyone can get most loyalty cards, and your benefits derived from them are dependant on you being loyal. WSS is saying that they don't care if I've spent thousands there over decades, I can't get the same discount that a guide that has never shopped there can.

are you a guide? if not sorry! - it really is not rocket science!

Kudu
02-18-2015, 03:33 PM

exactly! people forget this is a public forum, what's the bet the guides are pissing themselves laughing at the cry babies!

I cant believe what people piss and moan about - a guide, is a professional - just like a mechanic, electrician, dentist, nurse, cook, teacher or airline pilot - please don't tell me that any other professional does not get a discounted rate to set themselves up with tools, instruments, computers, pots, or books....

I hope that the guides get a great discount, they really are struggling (ask the government if you don't believe me) they need to keep in business or join the ranks of the EI claimants!

Fisher-Dude
02-18-2015, 03:38 PM
exactly! people forget this is a public forum, what's the bet the guides are pissing themselves laughing at the cry babies!

I agree. I bet there are guides laughing like hell at you right now.

Gateholio
02-18-2015, 03:42 PM
are you a guide? if not sorry! - it really is not rocket science!

Uhhhhh....yeah. That's the point.

:roll:

Kudu
02-18-2015, 03:46 PM
I agree. I bet there are guides laughing like hell at you right now.

why would they be laughing at me right now FD?

care to elaborate?

Kudu
02-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Uhhhhh....yeah. That's the point.

:roll:

Well go and see the management of WSS and complain to them, see if you get a better discount - who knows you may get the guide discount if you ask nicely enough!

Ride Red
02-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Ok girls, put down your purses and pull up your big girl panties. Back to the Allocation Battle!!!

abbyfireguy
02-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Good grief,WSS is no different than any other business that offers discounts to keep customers who drop big dollars with them.
They give a great discount to BCIT Fish and Wildlife Program student(my son is finishing there soon).
I get a discount at a couple of suppliers where I drop a few thousand a year in their till for mechanical parts. Hub Sports gave me a discount when I was Guiding as I dropped substantial coin at their business for tackle and equipment(much more than the average Joe).
Lets get back to the important thing of Allocation Numbers and not piss around with small potatoes that mean nothing.

Dougielightning
02-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Wha wha wha, my eyes feel like their bleeding. Stupid thread. Get some real problems,oh wait we have one!!!!!!

notyalc
02-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Wha wha wha, my eyes feel like their bleeding. Stupid thread. Get some real problems,oh wait we have one!!!!!!
75% of the threads on this site are stupid. Get used to it. Site is great for when your bored and want to read some entertaining garbage......

bearhunter338-06
02-18-2015, 07:38 PM
All this from a stupid e-mail. I always thought WSS sold across Canada. The enemy is not our fellow hunters or any retail store. The enemy is the Liberals and the GOABC.

russm
02-18-2015, 07:50 PM
BS - go to WSS langley tell them who you are and ask for a discount or a price match and you will get it 9x out of 10!

if you are a guide - it's what you do for a living - tools of your trade - ask any journeyman if he gets discount on his tools and I'm willing to bet you he does, or he will go somewhere where he can get it! obviously you are neither a journeyman or a professional person, otherwise you would also enjoy certain little advantages that others don't see when equipping yourself for your profession!

eish - you people make me laugh!

BS- go to wss Langley and they'll drop your new gun on the floor out of the case and tell you it's not a big deal after you've waited half an hour to be helped or they'll try to pressure you into buying something more expensive when you already know what you want to buy.

Sitkaspruce
02-18-2015, 08:05 PM
All this from a stupid e-mail. I always thought WSS sold across Canada. The enemy is not our fellow hunters or any retail store. The enemy is the Liberals and the GOABC.

BINGO!!!!

People need to quite worrying about the little things in life..........

Focus on the REAL concern, once that is completed, then you can re-evaluate your lives and shop where you chose.

Forget the distractions and focus, people, focus.......

Cheers

SS

Good2bCanadian
02-18-2015, 08:47 PM
I get discounts every time I go to WSS.

It's all about who you know and how you operate.

Lastcar
02-18-2015, 08:50 PM
BS- go to wss Langley and they'll drop your new gun on the floor out of the case and tell you it's not a big deal after you've waited half an hour to be helped or they'll try to pressure you into buying something more expensive when you already know what you want to buy.

I've been fighting saying anything...and my milage may vary to others...but I've been in WSS Sports Langley twice. And once was enough. Slow learner apparently.

Stood at the gun counter waiting to get ammo...30+ minutes and wasn't sure if I said something filthy about his mom or just told what ammo I was after. Same reaction.

Second time wasn't much better.

Regardless of my take on the email, they are going without my money.

landphil
02-18-2015, 08:51 PM

This has to be the best post you've ever typed. I couldn't agree more. Oh, and does the B stand for "bribery"?

todbartell
02-18-2015, 11:33 PM
The Gatehouse "discount" at Nechako/Omineca is retail + 25% :mrgreen:

coach
02-18-2015, 11:36 PM

I guess that only works when he's paying cash.. :roll:

Gateholio
02-19-2015, 12:04 AM

At least I get good service. :)

The Dawg
02-19-2015, 12:06 AM
At least I get good service. :)

I heard you give good service too :D

jeff341
02-19-2015, 12:08 AM
Ive only had positive experiences at wss in Langley. I can see the issue with a guide only discount.....but it is probably tough to offer extra discounts when all of your products are used by everyone involved in the industry.
I get deals in my profession....I also get the sale price on items a wss.

I would hate to have to pay the lease on one of their locations. Or the payroll remittences.

Its just business. Choose to shop there. Or don't. It's your money, right?

Spy
02-19-2015, 12:47 AM
I will support the shops that support Resident Hunters & thats my choice! I learnt my lesson once at WS Nanaimo when I phoned they said they had the bases I needed in stock. I made the trip from Victoria And would you know it they did not have any in stock ! Drove back to Victoria went into Island outfitters and they had everything I needed, they have had my business ever since & they support resident Hunters.

Whonnock Boy
02-19-2015, 12:51 AM
The BCWF tried at one point in time to get its members a card carrying discount. They were denied, and instead the guides were issued the discount.

The Dawg
02-19-2015, 12:53 AM
The BCWF tried at one point in time to get its members a card carrying discount. They were denied, and instead the guides were issued the discount.

But....I thought if we just 'asked, we'd get it 9/10 times!"

Ranger95
02-19-2015, 07:06 AM
But....I thought if we just 'asked, we'd get it 9/10 times!"

Have you tried asking - or do just prefer stirring?

Good2bCanadian
02-19-2015, 08:17 AM
I agree.. Time to move on..

Time to move on?
Yet you edit bearhunter338-06 quote to say BSBC the enemy???

Way to go Couch.

bearhunter338-06
02-19-2015, 08:25 AM
Time to move on?

Way to go Couch.

And to think Coach was one of the people I respected in this fight. It seams he needs to belittle people and attache them to feel he is the bigger man. So Coach if you feel the need to be the bigger man then go on with your cheap shots. I have moved on.

huntwriter
02-19-2015, 08:29 AM

If that is the reason not to buy from WSS then it should stop you from purchasing products from Lordco, Home Hardware, Home Depot and all other big chain outlets too, because they ALL offer professional discounts to professionals that purchase products they need to do their work/run their business. As a chef don't you get a discount at a restaurant supply company? Of course you do if you tell them you're a chef or own a restaurant.

It's great that BC hunters stand up to defend their rights -wish the same action would take place for other issues that disadvantage hunters much more, like land access and illegally blocked access to public land and waters that blocked by landowners- but lets not turn this into a witch hunt.

Ranger95
02-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Time to move on?

Way to go Couch.

It's a pretty sad day, when one person has to belittle another to prove his manhood - but then again look who's doing it - the same person who's "seen for what he is" on the other site - no wonder he thinks them to be his enemy - just move on folks - oh yea, don't forget put the trash on your ignore list!

Gateholio
02-19-2015, 08:54 AM
If that is the reason not to buy from WSS then it should stop you from purchasing products from Lordco, Home Hardware, Home Depot and all other big chain outlets too, because they ALL offer professional discounts to professionals that purchase products they need to do their work/run their business. As a chef don't you get a discount at a restaurant supply company? Of course you do if you tell them you're a chef or own a restaurant.

It's great that BC hunters stand up to defend their rights -wish the same action would take place for other issues that disadvantage hunters much more, like land access and illegally blocked access to public land and waters that blocked by landowners- but lets not turn this into a witch hunt.

All those companies you list, give the discount to the volume customer. The Lordco parts delivery vehicle visits the mechanics every day. The contractor buys enough lumber to build a house, not just repair a deck. Giving a discount to your volume customers makes sense. All the sales are tracked and with many companies the more you buy, the better the discount. And most retail loyalty programs are open to everyone. (Petro points, Airmiles etc)

On the other hand, it's not like guides go into WSS and spend thousands all the time, nor have they necessarily been a long term customer. They don't spend any more than the average hunter, and probably much less than many of us.

Although in recent years WSS has made it very challenging to be a loyal customer, I have shopped at WSS for 2 decades, spent literally thousands and thousands there. But a first time guide customer is eligible for their loyalty program and I am not.

I already stated I'm not going to go protest them, WSS or any retailer is not our enemy. nor do I hope they go out of business. It's no witch hunt, it's an observation on how a company provides incentives.

But I will take note of who supports the resident hunter and who values me as a customer, and spend my dollars there. So far WSS isn't doing so great.

coach
02-19-2015, 08:54 AM
Time to move on?

Way to go Couch.

Post removed.. It was pretty silly. Sorry, boys.

Time me to move on now?

bearhunter338-06
02-19-2015, 09:07 AM
The enemy is the Liberal Government and the GOABC. I am sure they are just sitting back and laughing at all the bickering that is being done. I would bet they are planning their next move to put resident hunters against resident hunters. It seams all it will take is a well written e-mail sent out or a well written thread placed on a hunting forum.