PDA

View Full Version : South Cariboo of Region #5 to hold RALLY Feb, 28th

rgn5hunt
02-14-2015, 11:05 PM
There is going to be a peaceful public rally February, 28th, Saturday in 100 Mile House. A group of Resident hunters from the South Cariboo want to show their concerns with the new allocation policy. We want to deliver a message to our MLA and Government that we strongly disagree with the "New Allocation Policy" and how it came to be . We should see who can bring the best sign and make sure its image will be delivered to as many newspapers province wide!

The Dawg
02-14-2015, 11:07 PM
Where abouts in 100 mile house?
What time?

Paulyman
02-14-2015, 11:08 PM
how about a door with a sign above it that says"here is the door MInister Thomson, we want it to open"

rgn5hunt
02-14-2015, 11:18 PM
Its going to be held Saturday Feb 28th at 11 am at the Pinkney Complex on Horse Lake road. MLAs office and Free Press are there it is in the City limits. Horse Lake Road is the intersection South most on hwy 97 near Safeway. We will have to consider some parking areas, to accommodate the crowd,,, cause it could be rather large!

one-shot-wonder
02-14-2015, 11:23 PM
Glad to see.....R5 needs more of this!

rgn5hunt
02-14-2015, 11:31 PM
R5 , I have felt that R5 has got a raw deal for about 15 years, may be the worst managed Region in the province. However, at the Kamloops Coast resort meeting I heard of how things have been done in the East Koot. We got to do some major house keeping!

one-shot-wonder
02-14-2015, 11:50 PM
R5 , I have felt that R5 has got a raw deal for about 15 years, may be the worst managed Region in the province. However, at the Kamloops Coast resort meeting I heard of how things have been done in the East Koot. We got to do some major house keeping!

Absolutely....the regional manager and many of the regions MLA's are all in the same bed with you know who.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-15-2015, 08:34 AM
Absolutely....the regional manager and many of the regions MLA's are all in the same bed with you know who.

Sounds like region 3&8 will be in tough as well with the newly appointed RM.
Theres a master plan going on and probably has to do with the 'trusted advisor'.

Ride Red
02-15-2015, 09:15 AM
Great job guys, keep up the pressure. Now we only need more media coverage along with these rallies.

.330 Dakota
02-15-2015, 11:00 AM
I will be there,,,I am sure RJ will as well

Buck
02-15-2015, 12:24 PM
put up signs at ainsworth and west fraser lots of hunters workin there

lone wolf
02-15-2015, 12:38 PM
I work at west fraser and will be back to work on the 23 so could post notices in our lunchrooms and will be there with my family kids can have signs stating my future hunting is being sold ? Glad to hear this as i could not make it out to any of the other places .

rgn5hunt
02-15-2015, 01:08 PM
Lone Wolf, there will be some signs going up around town. I made the notice and could get 6 or so for West fraser . Would the main office be a good place to leave them for you to get.

rgn5hunt
02-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Sounds like region 3&8 will be in tough as well with the newly appointed RM.
Theres a master plan going on and probably has to do with the 'trusted advisor'.
That master plan sounds serious , at least we are aware of these trusted advisors.

Buck
02-15-2015, 01:25 PM
I have hunted region 5 for 30 years went from GOS moose and two bucks from sept to nov to LEH moose 4 point sept and any buck october absolute scam.Only one buck allowed now for the entire region 5 .You guys need to hold them accountable turn up the heat.Who do you think these changes benefit the most?

40incher
02-15-2015, 02:19 PM
What has happened in Region 5 basically amounts to breach of trust. Bureaucrats are not supposed to push an agenda, they are hired to serve the public. Good luck with that.

From what I have heard from hunters in the Cariboo there were large resident-only areas turned over to the guides despite broad opposition from locals hunters. The moose hunt went from a 2-week GOS to total LEH and deer went to a rut closure. All to appease the GO's and a few like-minded apologists. Protectionism at its worst.

Hope you get a strong turnout at the rally and put them all in their place.

CaribooBC
02-15-2015, 03:37 PM
If the guides had their way, Region 5, 4 point Mulies would be on LEH.

CaribooBC
02-15-2015, 03:49 PM
Its going to be held Saturday Feb 28th at 11 am at the Pinkney Complex on Horse Lake road. MLAs office and Free Press are there it is in the City limits. Horse Lake Road is the intersection South most on hwy 97 near Safeway. We will have to consider some parking areas, to accommodate the crowd,,, cause it could be rather large!There is actually quite a bit of parking available in the area. There is space to the east of the mall, be careful there it could be muddy. There are two churches nearby that could be available. You could park down the side of Blackstock Rd, just be respectful of the residents there please. There is space behind the mall but most of that will be taken up by employees of the businesses in the mall. My store is in the mall, I will ask my employees to park in the back so there is more space in front. When the rally is over come down and check out my store and pick up whatever you need for your favorite canine buddy! :)

CaribooBC
02-28-2015, 12:50 AM
Bump this back to the first page. Lets get as many out to this rally as possible. We need to have our voices heard.

rgn5hunt
02-28-2015, 05:26 PM
Region, 5 Rally is over. Clear sunny day with about 200 people. I think it went well.

coach
02-28-2015, 05:33 PM
I've heard good reports. Kudos to all involved! Sounds like Mrs Barnett is going to have to start taking constituents and resident hunters a little more seriously.

The Dawg
02-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Region, 5 Rally is over. Clear sunny day with about 200 people. I think it went well.

Start a new thread with pics!

bigdogeh
02-28-2015, 06:01 PM
200 people?
sweet!

one-shot-wonder
02-28-2015, 06:22 PM
I heard the crowd was quite vocal and clearly demonstrated their disappointment with not only Ms. Barnett but also her BOSS!

40incher
02-28-2015, 08:19 PM
I heard the crowd was quite vocal and clearly demonstrated their disappointment with not only Ms. Barnett but also her BOSS!

Thanks to all you dedicated resident hunters in the South Cariboo for doing this ... every bit counts!

It would be interesting to know the total of how many resident hunters have showed up at the various events/rallies since this whole thing got going? I'm thinking it would be pretty impressive!

Our family made it down to the Kelowna Rally and Crispy would be wise not to ignore the 1,500 to 2,000 people attending!!

Good Job Everyone!!

coach
02-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks to all you dedicated resident hunters in the South Cariboo for doing this ... every bit counts!

It would be interesting to know the total of how many resident hunters have showed up at the various events/rallies since this whole thing got going? I'm thinking it would be pretty impressive!

Our family made it down to the Kelowna Rally and Crispy would be wise not to ignore the 1,500 to 2,000 people attending!!

Good Job Everyone!!

250 in PG, 1200 plus in Kelowna and 200 in 100 Mile. Hopefully 2000 in Victoria on Monday!

rgn5hunt
02-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Well, we suggested today in Region 5 that we feel 10% of the allocated wildlife to non residents is very generous. We also suggested that if guide outfitters want to improve their profit margin's they should book more black bear, deer and wolf hunts that are on general open season. Pass that message on to Scot Ellis in Victoria as well make sure Steve Thomson gets the message.