PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Sheep Hunt

Thorn
02-11-2015, 04:25 PM
I was hoping to get some information about Stone sheep hunts up the Tuchodi. I have been talking with my hunting partner about this for a couple of years now and finally we have decided to go. I was hoping to get some info on different providers who could drop you off and pick you up and potential prices. Any information on which drainages to focus on would be much appreciated. Feel free to private message me if you have some advice for a first timer. I have been looking at photos and cannot wait to get up there.

Thorn

The Dawg
02-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Kevin at Riverjet Adventures.

DBradner
02-11-2015, 04:34 PM
I agree - Kevin @ Riverjet Adventures

02-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Yup Kevin Riverjet, hike back in towards the Gatho area off the Tuchodi

Steamboat Mountsin Outfitters is another, used to be able to get back above the Tuchodi, Chiska river it's a good hike but Sheep drive a hunter like no other. You can do it

Testa River Outfitters offers some good access to to Tetsa and Chiska rivers

Double A Transporters also has some great areas but it's more south.

all these areas have good access to Sheep, all are in GO areas for a reason ........ High Sheep Success.

Get in in there and do it, once you do you will go back again and again .

Way more cost effective then a GUIDED HUNT at a fraction the price, just work hard. Way more rewarding too.

Rackmastr
02-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Kevin at Riverjet.....sounds like an echo in here for a good reason!

Get on it quick if you're planning for this year!

02-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Another echo for Kevin at Riverjet if you want to hunt the Tuchodi. I've gone with Steamboat Mountain Outfitters a few times for sheep with great success, but not off the Tuchodi.

srupp
02-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Hmmmm Kevin @Riverjet.....
Srupp

spear
02-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Hey Kevin, I think your business model is working.

Thorn do yourself a favor and call Kevin @ riverjet adventures

srupp
02-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Hmmm Kevin is honest, puts in 100% effort, is safe on the river, is reliable, knowledgable..hmmmmm pretty amazing buisness model just does his absolute best to try and ensure his clients are safe and in an area that holds a great chance at success....

Cheers
Steven

tarzan
02-11-2015, 09:49 PM
I am booked with Kevin this year , heard the boat ride alone is worth it! I have been training and researching a tons. look at previous threads on stones , very informative.

goinghunting
02-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Can always fly into tuchodi with northern rockies lodge to, or any other lake.

02-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Check out the various GO areas and contact the bios for highest density areas of mandatory inspection on Rams . There are definite better areas then others. Hike back a day or two, it's wonderful, don't be fooled though, some Rams are just off the river too. Good luck to you look forward to your thread and story with pics .......

Taylor329
02-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Another one for Kevin @ Riverjet adventures, excellent service and one of the nicest guys you'll come across. The boat ride is better than any roller coaster in my mind.

nicktrehearne
02-12-2015, 10:12 AM
I'm starting to get the impression it's worth looking into Riverjet Adventures...

budismyhorse
02-12-2015, 10:45 AM
Riverjet is pushing 2k..... Fly in would be half that.... If cost is a concern.

BCHunterTV
08-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Im using their services this year for Moose, 2016 i should try for Sheep with them

Another echo for Kevin at Riverjet if you want to hunt the Tuchodi. I've gone with Steamboat Mountain Outfitters a few times for sheep with great success, but not off the Tuchodi.

JAGRMEISTER
08-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Go to head of dead dog crk. Looking down onto fork of Gathto, Mtn on left is all rams and a merry go round! If you don't see what you want first time wait until they rotate through every few days. (locally known it Sloan crk.)