PDA

View Full Version : SCI show vegas

primmed99
02-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Just got back from the show, was great to see again for my 3rd time. Love the taxidermy it really doesn't get any better than that there. I talked to a couple outfitters from africa because I'm planning on another trip down that way in next 18 months. The real shocker was as soon as most the BC outfitters found out I was a resident they didn't give me the time of day lol. As soon as I showed them how many sheep I had taken from their area they would basically ask me to leave their booth in not so many words. A few exceptions though Larry Warren from tuchodi river outfitters was a real salt of the earth guy. We talked about conservation and hunting methods and he had zero reservations talking too me. The Olmsteads from prophet muskwa were pretty good too even though I have killed lots of sheep in their area they were pretty understanding they know the deal. They also had the best display in there looked really professional, I can see why they get the big dollars.

I got yelled at by one outfitters wife like literally as soon as she found out I was a resident, told me to tell all the residents of BC to give their head a shake lol.
So for her reward I'm taking 4 young and very capable guys into their area and gonna kill some sheep maybe send them a pic or two. To be honest it was embarrassing to watch her rant and rave about it, I understood it was business and she is a women so she can't separate emotion from the equation but non the less was a little over the top. She wins %*@hole Outfitter of the year award in my book and were gonna thin out their herd a little come aug 01…….Cant wait to post pics lol

Stone Sheep Steve
02-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the report, Primmed!!

Your bound to get the old 'stink-eye' from BC G/O's while down there....or so I've been told.

Too bad you didn't get her on film. :grin:

Good luck in your pursuit!!

SSS

primmed99
02-10-2015, 08:43 PM
hahahah funny you mention that, about half way through her rant I received a text message and reached for my phone in my front pocket and she blurted out, "what are you gonna film me and put it on that stupid website" I was like " no actually I just got a text message from my mom telling me to be safe" her face went red she knew she was not acting proper.

02-10-2015, 08:47 PM
I got yelled at by one outfitters wife like literally as soon as she found out I was a resident, told me to tell all the residents of BC to give their head a shake lol.
So for her reward I'm taking 4 young and very capable guys into their area and gonna kill some sheep maybe send them a pic or two. To be honest it was embarrassing to watch her rant and rave about it, I understood it was business and she is a women so she can't separate emotion from the equation but non the less was a little over the top. She wins %*@hole Outfitter of the year award in my book and were gonna thin out their herd a little come aug 01…….Cant wait to post pics lol[/QUOTE]

LOVE THIS can ya take 4 more in and drop us a few Valleys OVER ! Do It, then Ride down the Landing strip Taboot, antlers horns and meat and five of the biggest grins in the Country ! We Residents look forward to your Pic's and story this fall.

They have asked for this .... the relationship has grown a lot Worse then its ever been in the 50 years I am aware of, Thanks to Government their GO Buddies and Greed.

StoneChaser
02-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Especially if you walk up to their booth (that they paid for) like a moron and deliberately stir the shit by yapping about the rams you killed in their area. Quite childish actually....no wonder they sent you away (I would have too).

primmed99
02-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Especially if you walk up to their booth (that they paid for) like a douche and deliberately stir the shit by yapping about the rams you killed in their area. Quite childish actually....no wonder they sent you away (I would have too).

Easy buddy I didn't go there to tell them, they would ask if I have taken any sheep I would reply "yes" I have then they would get in to a dick swinging contest by showing me the fine sheep they had in their area and I would show them mine and to be honest that one outfitter I had the run in with I have never even hunted in their concession

LBM
02-10-2015, 09:05 PM
My buddy just got back as well, he said the same thing soon as he said he was a B.C. resident they wouldn't talk to him also said how impressive all the mounts were.

REMINGTON JIM
02-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Especially if you walk up to their booth (that they paid for) like a moron and deliberately stir the shit by yapping about the rams you killed in their area. Quite childish actually....no wonder they sent you away (I would have too).

WOW ! are you GOABC ? just wondering ! Cheers :grin: RJ

Lillypuff
02-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Please make sure when you kill them send them PICS and explain your storey! She might learn a thing or two about manners and respect

tuner
02-10-2015, 09:33 PM
The GOABC wisely spending your tax dollars at SCI convention,glad to see tourism grants going to such a worthy cause.(how much resident hunter bashing do you think we subsidized at this convention?)

Wentrot
02-10-2015, 09:37 PM

And a clown enters the room.

Maxx
02-10-2015, 10:29 PM
A clown? I don't think so, his point was if you were yapping no wonder they dismissed you. Stone chaser has far more credibility on this forum than you apparently think, and calling him a clown shows your ignorance.

bearvalley
02-10-2015, 10:57 PM
SCI was a good show. A little more condensed than in the past with it all being on one floor and 700 or so less exhibitors. Still lots to see and next year will be bigger. Several BC boys swung by the both and there were no yelling matches. We even poured a few drinks. That's one of the fringes of Vegas, booze in the booth.
If someone wants to look for drama they'll find it.

E.V.B.H.
02-10-2015, 11:01 PM

Lets not forget that it's not their area, it's everybody's, they are alowed to make money there. No need for them to get all pissy and act like its private property.

huntcoop
02-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Lets not forget that it's not their area, it's everybody's, they are alowed to make money there. No need for them to get all pissy and act like its private property.

Exactly, it's far from private property, they can fu*k right off.

noth615
03-08-2015, 10:44 AM
I am down to go on a sheep hunt with you...... to thin out that outfitters heard !!! feels like a good year to get my first sheep! That lady needs to learn how to treat her neighbors with respect :)

.330 Dakota
03-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Im going next year, but certainly not to chat with outfitters about allocations.