PDA

View Full Version : Bow fishing?

GWG
02-10-2015, 05:31 PM
I have a bow set up for bow fishing but don't know where a good place and time to go is. Does anyone know a good spot and/or the best time??

grouse14
02-10-2015, 05:44 PM
In the summer at Vaseaux lake in Oliver we saw atleast 50 carp in 3 days all in about 3 feet of water.We snuck up to one at like 3 feet and my buddy jumped on it.but he got away lol

GWG
02-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Vaseaux lake and I don't get along to well the two times I fished there I got blown to the other side of the lake away from my truck. But thanks, I fish the little lake in Oliver but it's surrounded by houses and don't know the rules if I can shoot a bow that close to houses??

grouse14
02-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Vaseaux lake and I don't get along to well the two times I fished there I got blown to the other side of the lake away from my truck. But thanks, I fish the little lake in Oliver but it's surrounded by houses and don't know the rules if I can shoot a bow that close to houses??
From shore to the left towards Skaha from the campground there is this extremely large weed bed and right next to the road there is a 15 foot wide section without weeds that go along the shoreline.Just walk along the shore and if you see bubbling theres a carp there.

Sofa King
02-10-2015, 06:40 PM
tons o carp in Okanagan.
and that slough of a lake, I think it's duck, right along the highway, is shallow and full of them.