PDA

View Full Version : almost ready for spring flyfishing season..changes

srupp
02-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Hmmm so after a huge effort...almost ready for spring flyfishing...major changes..
Started off with new Lowrance Elite 7 HDI with chirp..downscan...and chartplotter

In that unit I added the new Navionics Plus+ sonar chart with contour layers...

Had Barkely Sound oars make me new oars...truly wonderful

Now I have a fabricator installing new scotty anchor locks and plates front and back..
Also new scotty fly rod holders with custom removeable base plates...
Tims bringing new anchor ropes..50 feet each gold n white nylong double braided..back from Victoria..
Finally will hold back best 100 of this winters flies I tied...should make spring and early summer flyfishing more relaxing..
Steven

srupp
02-10-2015, 01:34 AM
I was not happy with one of scottys products..it is designed in such a way that larger fish rattle the rod and id usually puts the rod at risk...for the exhorbadant cost for plastc...they must work this set up doesnt...the new fly rod holder does if you pay insane "$$$$$$'" ORa quality fabricater to pair up the scotty flyrods.with scotty bases..to be removeble .
The anchor bases is so all the 50 feet through each anchor holder doesnt need removing each time set up..tear down..

Steven

Buck
02-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Which vessel are you putting all the bling on?

srupp
02-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Just 12 foot Lund fishing boat..there are no rules you cant enjoy quality in life? In moderation from time to time...didnt need a new boat just updated the 20 year old one.
Steven