PDA

View Full Version : What you guys think about this

crassul
02-09-2015, 07:30 PM
http://youtu.be/OQ6ew9v8XXM

Outfitter shot a "nice" tiny grizzly.

000buck
02-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Pay for your tag, spend it how you like. Same for residents. Provided it's not size restricted or sow with Cubs what's the problem.

srupp
02-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Not worth the aggrivation..

000buck
02-09-2015, 07:53 PM
If that is the actual facts in this case then the video should be used to charge both the guide and the client. Step up C/O there's your video evidence. Nail them both!

Johnny G1
02-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Nice going asshole, tell us how you shot it, but don't go and put it out of it's misery, how long did it live as he tells his story????

Foxton Gundogs
02-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Not worth the aggrivation..

I liked your first post best Steven

monasheemountainman
02-09-2015, 08:10 PM
I donno grizz with a bow is a trophy to me. As long as there were no cubs around, it's probably a young boar I don't really see a problem.

zippermouth
02-09-2015, 08:12 PM
I donno grizz with a bow is a trophy to me. As long as there were no cubs around, it's probably a young boar I don't really see a problem.

x2. I didn't watch the video in detail but I never saw anything wrong???

Rackmastr
02-09-2015, 08:12 PM
I think that theres nothing anti-hunters love more than when hunters seek out opportunity to cut other hunters down....

If ya dont agree with it thats one thing, but why in the world does someone find it neccessary to go looking for videos they dont agree with ethically and then post them on a hunting site with an angry face hoping to cut another hunter down? The 'outfitter' didnt shoot anything, a HUNTER shot something.

gutpile
02-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Theres no way i would have shot that one !

Fred1
02-09-2015, 09:06 PM
I wish the bears around my hunting grounds were that small! Pretty sure I would have waited/guided on one a bit bigger. But I guess he liked it. Trophies are in the eyes of the beholder! Seen a father son team cry after shooting a cow moose together...

markomoose
02-09-2015, 10:20 PM
I see nothing wrong with what you and I don't know.Maybe it was buddies first bow kill.Or his first bow kill on a bear!! Don't judge the facts that you don't have a clue on!I applaud him and his guides persistance or does everyone on here just hate the shit out of all guides?Cause I don't put everyone in the same canoe.I was more pissed at all the tree hugging A-holes commenting on F-Book.If those A-holes on F-Book don't like hunting why do they torture their tiny little minds by watching what you and I live for!?!?

Wentrot
02-09-2015, 10:22 PM
I dont understand the issue here

f350ps
02-09-2015, 10:30 PM
I dont understand the issue here
You and me both, to each his own! I'll bet most of you that are cryin' have shot a spike or two and still put in for Doe/Cow draws! K

Caribou_lou
02-09-2015, 11:06 PM
One less Calf Moose Killer out there! Sure it's small but my first Black bear wasn't a big one either. And you couldn't have wiped the smile off my face if you tried!

markomoose
02-09-2015, 11:11 PM
One less Calf Moose Killer out there! Sure it's small but my first Black bear wasn't a big one either. And you couldn't have wiped the smile off my face if you tried!Well said Lou!

REMINGTON JIM
02-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Hmm ! Not a big bear but its his LEGAL shot bear - not for us to Judge ! Some people shoot spike deer too ! BUT - pretty sure the Bow hunter was packing a HANGUN on his right hip ! Interesting Eh - RJ

Whonnock Boy
02-10-2015, 12:01 AM
It's a legal bear, and the hunter did his part for conservation.

I'm thinking a large pepper spray canister.

BUT - pretty sure the Bow hunter was packing a HANGUN on his right hip ! Interesting Eh - RJ

180grainer
02-10-2015, 01:29 AM
Good stock and good shot.....the angry face and vid are kind of confusing..........Yea a small bear but legal................. did anyone else hear wind chimes during the stock? Ah, maybe just me....

chilcotin hillbilly
02-10-2015, 06:37 AM
Hmm ! Not a big bear but its his LEGAL shot bear - not for us to Judge ! Some people shoot spike deer too ! BUT - pretty sure the Bow hunter was packing a HANGUN on his right hip ! Interesting Eh - RJ

You mean bear spray

chilcotin hillbilly
02-10-2015, 06:38 AM
Good stock and good shot.....the angry face and vid are kind of confusing..........Yea a small bear but legal................. did anyone else hear wind chimes during the stock? Ah, maybe just me....

that would be a horse bell in the back ground, grazing horse near by is my guess

hunter1947
02-10-2015, 08:35 AM
In this clip after the bear went down I saw the bear breathing this happens often..

Wild one
02-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Not my choice bow kill or not

That said if it is legal and the hunter is happy with it that is what it is important

Ron.C
02-10-2015, 09:03 AM
as long as it's legal, I don't question why anyone else chooses to pull the trigger or loose an arrow.

REMINGTON JIM
02-10-2015, 09:36 AM
You mean bear spray

Yup ! LOL RJ

fuzzybiscuit
02-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Not much different than shooting a spike buck. I've shot plenty over the years.

Although I'm not an Alberta guide, going on a guded hunt in BC, for a trophy animal that I have no intention of eating....

Will make a cool looking bath mat though...or one of those neat fuzzy toilet seat covers...

chilcotin hillbilly
02-10-2015, 06:43 PM
That bear is a lot bigger then one i saw at a taxidermist the other day. I full 5 feet if you really pulled. The bear in the film is a legal bear and looks to be a boar so if he is happy who cares!

birdee
02-10-2015, 07:54 PM
well maybe that's all he had the balls to shoot. Maybe the full size grizz he saw couple hours earlier made him pee his pants.Come on we
don't know the whole story here.

okas
02-10-2015, 11:48 PM
last draw i let a 7.5 to 8.5 go as really a Grizz sould be a/ GO BIG OR GO HOME BEAR
next day ran into a guy with a 7 ft. female i said try to get one bigger than a blacky next time and showed him the pictures.

Mulehahn
02-11-2015, 01:07 AM
It appears to have a nice coat, good colour. Would be perfect size for a nice entry way full mount. Not every one defines a trophy the same way. I will (and have) shoot a smaller 4x4 whitetail with a perfectly matching set of antlers over a bigger one because I think they look the best (mulies on the other hand, the bigger and uglier the better). I hunter paid his fees, and took the bear he wanted. Good for him. A lot bigger issues facing us right now then what one hunter considers a trophy versus another.