PDA

View Full Version : HACS Show Chilliwack

Iron Glove
02-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Any other HBCers go yesterday and if so, buy anything?
I went, had to be in Chilliwack anyways to put the Wife on the Greyhound, took out an annual membership ( $40.00 ) after letting mine lapse when we moved from Vancouver. A 30 minute drive from Hope is doable, the 90 minutes to Burnaby wasn't gonna happen.
The Hall is a lot bigger than the Burnaby Hall, little easier to navigate around. Still lots of room for more tables.
Usual stuff where you can buy used items for new retail or more :lol: but still a lot of fun to walk around and look at stuff.
Some nice tricked out SKS's for the "tactical" bunch and a guy selling some really neat folding 12, 20 and .410 single shots made in Turkey for @ $145.00 each. Already have a 12 folder, a 20 compact and a couple of small .410's but was really tempted. The 12 and 20 had a set of screw in chokes which is pretty rare at that price. Make great "Cougar Defence", toss in the ATV or Truck guns.
Would've been a great place for handing out literature and such for the Anti - Guide / Pro Resident Hunter campaign - hopefully BCWF can be at the 2 day Chilliwack Show next month.
Didn't buy anything, saved my $$$ for the BIG SHOW.

Steeleco
02-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Not having known about it, I'd have to say I didn't attend. I don't live under a rock, their advertising campaign wasn't very effective?

itsy bitsy xj
02-09-2015, 10:35 AM
I was there near the end. Same old stuff as in Bby, I bought a box of 22 mag ammo then went plinking with my new Savage 42

Fido
02-09-2015, 10:38 AM
first I heard of it would have been a good day.

BuckNaked
02-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Any other HBCers go yesterday and if so, buy anything?
I went, had to be in Chilliwack anyways to put the Wife on the Greyhound, took out an annual membership ( $40.00 ) after letting mine lapse when we moved from Vancouver. A 30 minute drive from Hope is doable, the 90 minutes to Burnaby wasn't gonna happen.
The Hall is a lot bigger than the Burnaby Hall, little easier to navigate around. Still lots of room for more tables.
Usual stuff where you can buy used items for new retail or more :lol: but still a lot of fun to walk around and look at stuff.
Some nice tricked out SKS's for the "tactical" bunch and a guy selling some really neat folding 12, 20 and .410 single shots made in Turkey for @ $145.00 each. Already have a 12 folder, a 20 compact and a couple of small .410's but was really tempted. The 12 and 20 had a set of screw in chokes which is pretty rare at that price. Make great "Cougar Defence", toss in the ATV or Truck guns.
Would've been a great place for handing out literature and such for the Anti - Guide / Pro Resident Hunter campaign - hopefully BCWF can be at the 2 day Chilliwack Show next month.
Didn't buy anything, saved my $$$ for the BIG SHOW.

Is the monthly show now in Chilliwack instead of Burnaby?

Edit: nvm a quick trip to their site confirms that all 2015 shows will be in the 'Wack woohoo!,

sparkes3
02-09-2015, 06:12 PM
i didnt know they moved either , cant wait for the big show

bassplayer
02-09-2015, 06:24 PM
I'm looking forward to the show on March 7th and 8th. I quit smoking 2 months ago and i'll actually have money to spend this time haha. It's burning a hole in my pocket as i type this.

Phreddy
02-10-2015, 11:39 PM
My old hunting partner (originally from Clearwater passed away awhile ago and I'm taking a table this year to help his widow sell a bunch of his stuff at the March show. Always enjoy that show.