PDA

View Full Version : Okanagan

Davinci
03-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the Okanagan Hunting thread...I was behind Summerland today ... lots of deer scat, no sign of bear where we were.

Any bear sign around the valley?

Good hunting.

jackson13
04-01-2007, 09:51 AM
How was the snow back there?

WoodOx
04-01-2007, 09:52 AM
mmhmm - how deep of a snow pack was my same question, and how high were u?

cheers

Woodrow
04-01-2007, 10:42 AM
i got over two feet of snow in my front yard still, i hate it wish it were september

SHAKER
04-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Way to early for bears, I don't even start till around the first of May!

johnes50
04-01-2007, 01:59 PM
How's the hunting in general in the Okanagan? I'm from the Island and I've never hunted there. John

WoodOx
04-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Horrible - there are nothing around here, all dead afte the wildfires :D ;) ;)

Stone Sheep Steve
04-01-2007, 02:18 PM
I made it out to poke around on my motorbike to checkout the snow levels. Put it this way......there was still two feet of hard-packed snow on the road where I usually hunt in mid April. Made for an interesting ride to say the least:roll: . Made it but my legs are a little tired from using them as outriggers...............................somehow managed to stay upright8) .
I found some green but it was pretty damn low. I'm staying home for another two weeks.

SSS

dave_fras
04-01-2007, 02:24 PM
last year i saw 3 bears by april 15!!.... all small ones tho!... i dont really hunt them till the 1st of may tho

30-06
04-01-2007, 03:41 PM
almost all of the sno wis gone here.almost non in my yard

one-shot-wonder
04-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I too was out behind Peachland/Summerland today. No snow, except the odd small patch in the shaded areas.

Lots of Muleys must have seen over 50.

No sign of any bears, which I am not surprised by.

I was mostly in lower elevations, as we figured up around Eneas lakes would have too much snow.

Nice day and good to get out and eat some dust, I mean get some fresh air. 8-)

GoatGuy
04-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Made it out on my feet as I'm too poor to be able to afford something with a motor.

Snow started at about 3500 ft - plenty of grass below that for bars, no sign yet but a couple weeks is very realistic.

Saw a bunch of mulies, couple of whities and elk sign in an area where a person really wouldn't expect it! (maybe they would 8-) )

Sieg-MM
04-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Saw a bunch of mulies, couple of whities and elk sign in an area where a person really wouldn't expect it! (maybe they would 8-) )[/quote]

Keep an eye out for those elk GG... you never know where one of those critters maybe living in 8. Now all you need is a bit of luck on the horseshoe this year. :lol:

Hey one-shot-wonder did you get off that 4 wheeler and find a shed? Keep those legs in shape.

GoatGuy
04-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Keep an eye out for those elk GG... you never know where one of those critters maybe living in 8.

I think you do, and it may be in close proximity 8)

I was pretty surprised at the number of muleys running around that country too.

one-shot-wonder
04-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Hey one-shot-wonder did you get off that 4 wheeler and find a shed? Keep those legs in shape.

I got off the quad but never found any sheds, wasn't looking too hard. I usually don't waste my time, that place is beyond picked over!

It was just great to get out and enjoy a ride with friends and the smokies on the fire were an added bonus!

You still sledding up in the great white north or have you been hiking/biking around?

Gonna miss my first Ball practice of the year tonight.....one of many I think at this recovery rate. Definately a new look to the outfield this summer with the 2 of us. Oh well not long till I will be healthy and you move back down to God's country, we'll have the senior "B"'s by the tail.8)

Fisher-Dude
04-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Gonna miss my first Ball practice of the year tonight.....one of many I think at this recovery rate. Definately a new look to the outfield this summer with the 2 of us. Oh well not long till I will be healthy and you move back down to God's country, we'll have the senior "B"'s by the tail.8)

The only balls you'll be handling are the sore ones from riding your quad all year. Gimp! 8-)

boxhitch
04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
I made it out to poke around on my motorbike to checkout the snow levels. Put it this way......there was still two feet of hard-packed snow on the road where I usually hunt in mid April. Made for an interesting ride to say the least:roll: . Made it but my legs are a little tired from using them as outriggers...............................somehow managed to stay upright8) .
I found some green but it was pretty damn low. I'm staying home for another two weeks.

SSS
LMAO :lol:
Can just imagine the scene, you doing the 'Fred Flintstone Pedal', trying to stay rubber-side-down !!
Give me a call, and we'll try for a funniest home-vid entry :lol:

mapguy
04-03-2007, 07:02 AM
there're everywhere