PDA

View Full Version : want to replace my wall tent stove

mikeboehm
02-08-2015, 11:20 PM
http://skyview.myshopify.com/products/heavy-duty-cast-iron-hunting-stove

Has anyone used these stoves. They look pretty good but are expensive

Paulyman
02-08-2015, 11:24 PM
Pm me your email. I can forward you the contact info of the guy that makes that stove, he sells to the public at around 100 dollars cheaper.

dmace
02-09-2015, 10:21 AM
PM Darkside , he's making stoves that may work for you !

sdatherrien
02-09-2015, 11:18 AM
There is a guy in abbotsford that make that exact stove in two sizes. ones 23" long and the other is 29", both are the same price. I bought the larger one and it worked great for my 14x16 wall tent. stocked it up right before bed and it lasted all night. I had to keep my hunting buddy nice and warm all night (my wife), she loves it. he usually advertises on craigslist.

mikeboehm
02-11-2015, 07:17 PM
do you have the guys that makes these info.

darkside
02-11-2015, 09:35 PM
hey I'm making stoves i'll try and upload a picture for you in ten minutes 130.00 , part of the proceeds are going to bc childrens,my boss will match whatever I can make goal is 500.these stoves will last heavy belly pans
do you have the guys that makes these info.

Elkaholic
02-12-2015, 09:40 AM
I would also be interested in seeing your stoves Darkside. Looking for a better option for my wall tent.

aggiehunter
02-12-2015, 10:26 AM
nothing beats a Fisher stove...brick lined....steel industrial wheels with two that steer....good to minus whatever....so it all depends on when you need it...what your hauling it in and whos' helping.

albravo2
02-12-2015, 10:50 AM
i just bought a Hunter 45 off ebay. Military surplus, new, shipped to Blaine was $159. I think the entire package weighed 65 lbs.

Burns diesel, gas, kerosene or jet fuel. 10-40,000 BTU.

I'm usually a wood burning guy, but the nice thing about diesel is the heat stays constant, all night, and there is no time spent collecting wood.

Reviews on line are great and the specs and price are awesome but I haven't put it together yet. I will report back when that has been done.

aggiehunter
02-12-2015, 11:21 AM
part of the hunt is getting the wood....and if you run out of fuel theres more in the bush....hope it works for you albravo....

Clint_S
02-12-2015, 04:55 PM
i just bought a Hunter 45 off ebay. Military surplus, new, shipped to Blaine was $159. I think the entire package weighed 65 lbs.

Looks like a nice unit, I just can't seem to keep fuel from stinking me and everything else up.

Liveforthehunt
02-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Yea not a fan of kerosene diesel heaters... wood is the only way to go simply because you don't have to pack any extra weight and there is fuel wherever you go as was said I enjoy filling the truck full of wood for a week or 2 of enjoyment

BimmerBob
02-12-2015, 05:16 PM
hey I'm making stoves i'll try and upload a picture for you in ten minutes 130.00 , part of the proceeds are going to bc childrens,my boss will match whatever I can make goal is 500.these stoves will last heavy belly pans

Where is that picture? ;)

Ry151
02-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Always thought a small glass window in the door would be sweet so you can see at night to get more wood etc

greybark
02-12-2015, 09:37 PM
nothing beats a Fisher stove...brick lined....steel industrial wheels with two that steer....good to minus whatever....so it all depends on when you need it...what your hauling it in and whos' helping.

Aggiehunter , where in the hell did you get such an idea LOL ? Bricks removed and skids mounted .
Cheers

Clint_S
02-16-2015, 09:25 PM
I was in Canadian tire last week and they had a nice little tent stove in there for $300.
It seemed well made, about the right gauge of steel to last a while and not too heavy.
If I had high speed I'd try to find a link.

mikeboehm
02-16-2015, 09:29 PM
yes the Canadian Tire wood stove looks nice I've already bought it twice and both times I had to take it back because when i took it out of the box it was damaged. both of them were damaged I decided to get my money back instead of going back and forth

aggiehunter
02-16-2015, 11:37 PM
seriously guys you can buy a good used homestyle wood stove especially if it's one that got punted for not being certified for a couple hundred bucks and will work amazing..greybark...with the industrial castors on my stove I can unload it from my cargo trailer by myself and almost get it in the trailer by myself...it's still bricklined and has two dampers.

J_T
02-17-2015, 08:19 AM
Aggiehunter , where in the hell did you get such an idea LOL ? Bricks removed and skids mounted .
Cheers Hey, I'm still running that stove Ken and it is the envy of all the other tents. With the skids and a small piece of plywood, I can load it and unload it and place it in the tent solo.