PDA

View Full Version : LEH - Change in Moose Hunts

browningboy
03-31-2007, 09:36 PM
I've heard from a few reliable sources that the moose hunts on LEH will be a shared hunt only starting this year and others will follow, have other heard the same?? Is this due to the increase of permits for the "outsiders??" Sounds interesting, hopefully its not true!:sad:

quadrakid
03-31-2007, 10:24 PM
last year all moose leh was done on a shared hunt program.

browningboy
03-31-2007, 10:29 PM
All of BC was on a shared hunt?? (I hunt up where no LEH is necessary)

Hunterguy
03-31-2007, 10:45 PM
You did not have to apply for a shared hunt in 3-30 during Oct. or 5-2 during Nov. To my knowledge there were lots of hunts that were not shared, maybe in the month of Nov. but not early season.

Steeleco
03-31-2007, 10:46 PM

I have to respectfully disagree with this point. A friend of mine get a bull draw on his first ever LEH in 5-01. Many area's were shared but some remain solo.

Reading the LEH regs would have you believe your chances were better if you shared a hunt, but that was proven inaccurate by my friends draw also.

hunter1947
04-01-2007, 05:31 AM
We will just have to wait and see.:roll: hunter 1947.

dana
04-01-2007, 06:52 AM
You can still apply solo for a shared hunt. In Region 3 we've had our Nov hunts all Shared for several years now. Switching over all LEH moose hunts is probably a good idea. Gets more people out there hunting and helps your odds on getting a tag.

Schmaus
04-01-2007, 11:00 AM

Not in the regions that I hunt

quadrakid
04-01-2007, 11:49 AM
hey guys, i never said all moose hunts were under shared hunt program, i said all moose LEH hunts were under shared hunt program, as a matter of fact all moose LEH hunts have been under the shared hunt system since the fall of 2004. i think some of you are getting open seasons confused with LEH hunts, as well you can apply to hunt solo with the shared hunt program. hope this clears up any confusion, i knew there was a reason i keep all the old hunting and leh regs.